The Best Root Boosters

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by knowboddy, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Okay, checking back to document how my experience with the Voodoo Juice root booster went.

All I can say is holy crap. I don't know why they call this a root booster, it's like some kind of root steroids or something. I was growing in coco so I didn't realize what was going on below the surface but when it came time to chop... it looked like more roots than substrate. I was amazed.

So obviously I recommend this if you're looking for a root booster, try the Voodoo. Its awesome.

2. LOL "root steroids"

You're not kidding though. Beware the Voodoo, mon! I swear it seems like if you put in enough the plants would start walking around and shit.

3. So is Liquid Karma like Voodoo Juice? Not the same just saying is it the same type of product or am I mistaken. I am currently running the LK and just picked up some Subculture M. Is the VJ Paranna and Terantula the same as using LK Subculture M and B of course there are difrences in the product but am I right to assume they are comparing the same type of products?

4. That sounds about right to me yischrax.

Like you say it's not exactly the same or anything, but they have the same goal. Everyone's got their favorite way to do it, but it's more important that you grow than how you grow, right? The Advanced Nutrients has done better for me but no matter what you think there's someone that will disagree.

5. Those old school rooting powders are okay but if you want to be serious you've got to get gellin'.

I don't know any of the technical stuff about how either is made but I figure it's pretty much the same thing just two different ways. The key is that a rooting gel packs in a source of moisture that the cutting requires and where rooting powder can actually absorb it.

If you look at it, the gels are always the better product. Rooting powders work but they can't hold a candle to gels. The best manufacturers always make gels. Look at Juicy Roots - Advanced Nutrients doesn't make a powder, just a gel.

6. That's the truth about the Juicy Roots. I've used a lot of different rooting hormones and there's just no comparison - it grows roots faster, earlier, bigger - everything. Toss in a root booster like Voodoo later on and you get mad scientist type growth.

Since we all know that bigger roots mean bigger buds I'm always looking to boost the growth rate and size of the root ball. The speed of root growth with Juicy Roots has cut days off my cloning time, moving me into veg sooner, into flower sooner...

If you haven't tried it yet I think you owe it to yourself to check them out. The AN root-related boosters have made a gigantic difference in my growing. Last grow when I dumped out my pots the root ball was so dense it didn't spill any dirt at all.