what to do with trim before hash making?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Mammal, Nov 18, 2008.

1. i'll be doing my first harvest in about 3/4 weeks time and after reading loads of stuff i know exactly what i need to do for the buds to dry and cure, but how to people manage the trim?

is there any need to dry the trim before making hash? i'll probably be making hash when all 6 of my plants are trimmed and with a staggered harvest youre probably looking at a month between the first and the last, whats the best thing to do with the trim that'll be around for a month before hash making? i obviously dont want it to get any mold at all in the meantime!

any help would be greatly appreciated, just so you know im intending to make ice bubble hash.

2. I hear this all the time.. "do I need to cure the trimmings before making hash?" although I've never used undried trimmings to make hash, I dont think it would be a problem. but why dont you just dry them, are you really in that much of a hurry to get hash....

just cure it

3. You can get great results with bubble hash starting from fresh frozen trim. Skip the drying step and simply throw each days worth of trim in a plastic bag and then off to the freezer. It can store for months until you are ready to make the hash.

A long cure on the hash will improve the flavor, but but there is no need to cure the trim before bubble bagging.

4. it wasnt really a question of if i should dry/cry but rather how, its not like i can hang each individual piece of trim, but thanks for the input anyway.

this is much more helpful, thanks alot.