smoking with your plants?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by groob4000, Nov 17, 2008.

1. ha. I was actually thinking about that! I'm sure that it will end with me over the toilet. Stuff just looks gross..

:bolt:TO THE TOILET!

2. I was baked and fooling around up there but seriously my plants are on carpet cant pee in there. But thanks Magik I was wondering about a good co2 source got to run to the store now and get some yeast laters

3. Here is a photo of my sugar/yeast setup.. really amateurish.. I've quadruped
    the number of bottles in there.. these photos only show my original single bottle.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh159/experimentalist/SANY2008.jpg

You see the bottle.. i use 4 cups sugar and 4 tbsp of yeast, fill to the halfway point
    with water.. watch out, the reaction can get violent in there causing a sticky goop
    to come out the top and all the way out the end of the hose. I use a that clear tube
    you see there. It goes into the back of a fan where the fan distributes the CO2.
    Once I had the bottle 2/3 full of water once and it went nuts overnight and the goop
    got splattered all over by the fan. Not fun to clean off my room or my plants.

And do not ever pee on your plant.. the nitrogen is concentrated and will damage your
    plant, and the ammonia in your pee will kill off a lot of the beneficial microbes living
    in your soil.

:bongin: ~Experimentalist

4. If I were you I would use a root beer bottle and not a 7 up bottle.

5. It doesnt matter.. the light wont destroy the yeast in either of those. I have since wrapped
    them in black electrical tape anyways.

6. it was joke..meaing root beer tastes better. haha..

7. Oh.. yeah well light will destroy yeast if its in a clear bottle, so I wasnt sure if you were
    alluding to that or not. My bad. Yeah.. RB does taste better.

8. well, that's something I didnt know..my grow box is someplace dark anyway so I'm not real concerned with that.

9. Glad I saw the thing about the clear and light killing off the yeast got to paint it black guess was gonna just use a big ole sugar conister that is glass and about a gallon size for the jar and I got a shelf over the plants and my fan circulates the air from the top down over that shelf any how to kinda cool the lights and then down on top of my plants so that would carry down on my plants cool thanks again for all the info ( ! )

10. Wrapping the Jar with tin foil, or even a couple brown paper bags would work as well
    as painting it black.. its the direct light that hurts yeast the most.

Keep the questions coming my friend.. we're here to help!

11. In the past I tried a vinegar and baking soda deal but was not impressed with the output at least with the sugar and yeast you got a little while during fermentation. Besides I got tin foil in the drawer thanks again

12. Yeah.. I really have no idea what kinda output I'm getting from my 4-bottle system, I
    don't have any kind of PPM meter for it. I'd imagine its probably not that much but
    fuck it.. if it helps! Yeast costs like $12 here for a little jar.. that sucks, but sugar is
    really cheap. I completely replace my mixture every ten days.

13. I have smoked in my grow room before and it killed my plant. I dont know if it was directly related but it was doing fine until i smoked it out and then it began to wilt then died :(

14. Yeah a lot of the things produced in the combustion of MJ can clog the stomata on
    the plants leaves. The stomata are the pores on the leaf which allow the plant to "exhale"
    so by clogging them up, its like suffocating.

On a side note.. I know a lot of rasta's that smoke with their plants.. claim its part of the
    spitirual side of marijuana cultivation, and I can sure appreciate that. Talk to you girl,
    Love your girl, smoke with your girl, etc.. I do the first two.. I'd only smoke with my plants
    when its outdoors. It's definatly a connection thing. But I digress...

15. LMAO that was a good post anyhow

16. If tobacco is smoked near plants I hear they can contract a disease, which escapes me right now.