Bonsai Mums: A Guide

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by nugglord_420, Nov 9, 2008.

1. theoretically, wouldn't they be really big buds since the plant is mature (really thick tree trunk and stems)?

2. im pretty sure there would be genetic decomposition if you flower then revegged and repeated. i would imagine it would put a whole lot of stress on the plant.

3. Excellent Guide thanks ;)

Just a question about it, is it possible to root to the trimmed out Top again to test the "Mums" gender?

4. +rep to you. We are putting the bonsai moms into play now. Wish us luck since we have so many different strains coming through the grow it will be really cool for this to play out . Thanks for putting such a great guide together to help the rest of us. :hello::hello:

5. No kidding, I have 10 plants in about 13" x 34", and I'm depending on this technique to allow me to keep a library of genetics.

Thanks for posting it!

(Hi MrsEd!)

6. I don't understand how it never became rootbound through all that, and never sagged.

7. OK, so I was practicing this on some bagseed, and have grown them in party cups for two weeks...

Today I pulled half of them and cut the roots down and planted into a plug tray....

But I did notice during pulling them out of the cups that the roots did not look the same as the article, they had many roots...I basically cut all of them down to size for the plug tray...

When I reviewed this thread afterwards I realized that this is from cuttings, not seed.

If planting from seed, should I have just planted them in plug trays to begin with instead of the way show in the article?

8. Love the thread man :hello:.
    And your profile picture of the wee guy Stoned i get :D.

Thanks for clearing up what to do wa that Tap root:smoking:.

9. anyone know where one could find some bonsai seeds?

10. Bonsai MJ seeds? If so, they are just normal seeds or clones that you train to go bonsai. :wave:

11. Quick question, do bonsai mums smell like weed? If they dont i could have one sitting on my dresser and no one would even know its a weed plant! Also how do you keep it from flowering? eventually the days get shorter so do you have to keep a light on it?

12. please read the stickys here Absolute Beginners - Grasscity.com Forums
    before posting in the advanced section,
    at least you didnt start a whole thread

bonsai plants WILL smell like weed,
    bonsai plants WILL need a light if you have it on your dresser, unless your bedroom is a greenhouse

you keep a plant from flowering by having your lights switched to 18/6 - 24/0

in short
    i dont think you'll be growing anytime soon.

13. Well i appreciate you answering my questions but Im already growing, have been for a few years, I was simply asking if i could have a bonsai mum sitting in the open on my dresser without fear of smell or starting a flowering stage.

14. No need to be an ass about it....

15. sorry dog
    the simple answer is no

16. I dont want to start an arguement but, if youhave been growing for years then you should not have to ask anybody about how any type of light will affect any plant in your collection. Those type of comments speak negativly on your years of experience. Just an observation it was not my intention to offend. Just wasting pennies(2cents) Props on bonsai mums please give mor info on cab demensions looks perfect for my space restrictions. Any fans needed with the floros is it inside w/ a/c ,or in no a/c garage or similar? would love to know.

17. awesome freakin pics. nice job!

18. Excellent write up dude