Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to get a license in MI?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by ihaveathumb, Nov 5, 2008.

1. No one NEEDS it. Take a tylenol and get over yourself.

2. Well I have gout, a form of arthritis that is very painful and currently receive tramadol for it,before modern medicine cannabis was used to treat this so I will ask my doctor on friday when I go if I will qualify to find out,I am also prescribed vallium for social anxiety and stress which I am wheening myself off of and am almost off but was taking 30 mgs a day I had to get off the vallium because I was getting a side effect of tunnitus/loss of hearing in my right ear, so I will also inquire on that as well so we can get some info from the doctors mouth.I have a feeling it may be up to your doctor if they themselves think marijauna is valuable as a medicine or not so keep your fingers crossed that my doctor voted yes on the prop and I will report back in on friday night with what I find out-l8as

3. if you check out cali's,Colorado,Oregon's. they are very lax.

MI just got it though, so 2-3years it'll be a better mmj law there. all i care is that it changes before my lil bro graduates.

also do you know that they are only giving out a certain amount of licenses/cards in MI?

4. Really? Where did you hear that?

5. I didnt hear about that. Do you mean total or a certain number per month/year? I dont see how a number could be placed on something like that. I mean people get sick/injured every day and people are gonna move into the state who need the card also. Well hell, I bet thatll get changed anyway.

6. yea per year, it was a real low number...
    it was more of a badly worded question that i was asking to see if it was true.

7. someone's stoned! :smoking:

8. I looked over the MI Act and didn't see any language to that effect. I know there were some proposals in other states that included a limited number of participants (like 1,200 people) and also a "sunset date" that the law would have to be renewed. Shoot, I forget which state(s) that was for. Maybe NY or IL??

9. I do have a medical history of migraines along with all of the meds that have been perscribed for them.

10. I can't find the link now, but the other day I read that as long as you have a doctor's recommendation that you can get the ID card. The doctor just has to specify that in their professional opinion that you can obtain medical benefit from medical marijuana. You don't have to be half dead in order to be eligible.

11. this was in like September on some site, so very well could be wrong.

12. no one NEEDS anything,
    the world today just revolves around self-satisfaction and insantaneous gratification.

13. I'm pretty sure I need oxygen, water and food!

14. This has nothing to do with me, it's the people who openly abuse the system that are thinking about themselves.
    There are many people who greatly benefit from the use of marijuana as a medicine. I would definitely say that some people NEED it.

Being very open about abusing the system is only going to have that system taken away from the people who do need it.

It's important that we understand how hard people work to get these marijuana laws change but it's also important to not take that system for granted and abuse it because it can still be taken away from us.

15. Without going into details I'm as debilitated as many of the people who are qualified (by the prop's circumstances) to receive MMJ here in MI, but due to my medical history and what I'm trying to treat with Cannabis no doctor would ever write me a recommendation.

The only real physical illness I have that would rightfully qualify is my nausea/eating problems. Too bad every doctor thinks I'm out to abuse every substance I can get my hands on and I doubt they would ever believe my stomach problems are that bad... can't remember the last time I ate without having to smoke bud beforehand, not including crackers... I have to force even those down, but at least they don't make me any more nauseous than I already am.

It's a bummer, really... I just don't think about it because I know I don't stand a chance at a recommendation so I just keep on self-medicating until that day comes. Still ecstatic about this passing because I know just how many people it will help live more fulfilling lives.

16. Lol, you know what I'm getting at.:)

17. #37 Hippie23, Nov 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2008
    This may seem dumb, but say I lived in MA, could I get a card in Michigan? (I have had since i can remember horrible ear infections and ear pains due to a pressure build in my ears, tried a lot of things for that and also anxiety)

This probably will not be allowed but could I?

haha thanks

:EDIT: Nevermind about the Michigan thing, would this be eligible anywhere if I was a resident there? (IF it came to Mass for example could I qualify?

18. No you have to be a resident, but since you're in Mass you really don't have to worry since it will be decriminalized now... only downside is cultivation isn't decriminalized.

19. Yeah but read the edit now, sorry :)

20. Well, it all depends.

Take Cali and Michigan for instance...

In Cali you can get a card for just about anything, from depression to minor pain.

However in MI the laws are much more strict. Only those with debilitating illnesses can attain a recommendation from their doc.