Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do i NOT get munchies??

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by thomasman, Nov 4, 2008.

1. I rarely get the munchies anymore. When I used to get high at home, my parents were usually home, and so I usually wouldn't want to look sooo obvious (my eyes already get redder than anybody I have seen) by pigging out. Now, it's just habit and I don't get hungry. That was my cure, maybe it will work for you.

2. The other thing to is DO NOT THINK ABOUT THEM. The less I think about getting the munchies, the less likely I am to actually get them.

3. I just eat a slice of bread then chug a glass of milk, that does it for me............ most of the time haha

4. well since the initial posting of this thread and the time now.

i've spent well over like 300+ on munchies.

just bombed 50$ added to that last night.

I HATE THE MUNCHIES to death..

nothing has worked.
    the chhronic smoking, drinking lots of water, gum.
    what should i do? :(

5. wrong

Actually the more you eat the more you come down. Eating before, during, or shortly after smoking will cause your metabolism to rise which will process the THC in your body much faster then if you didn't eat. Some of you might be able to remember a time where eating caused you to lose your high a bit.

Honestly, the only thing I can recommend is appetite suppressors, but that doesn't really work that well after smoking. Just fill up on cold water, it should make you less hungry.

6. just drink water every time you feel the urge

7. So true. I was on a T-break for a week and lost my apetite. I got the feeling that even though i felt mildly hungry food wasn't really satisfying.

P.S. Dimebag and PanterA rock! :smoke:

8. Same reactions with me

except my doctor never talked to me about it...you got a cool doctor

9. eat before, then if you get hungry after get a drink or some gum

10. I get the munchies very rarely, usually it's just initial cotton mouth, everything I put it in it tastes like the consistency of mashed potatoes. It's not an appetite increase though.

But I'm accustomed to having water because of the above and the few times I've had the munchies drinking water sates them.

11. Yes, eat before you smoke. Then have a tasty diet soda or chew some flavorful gum. That way you can get all the flavor you want without all the calories.! hahaha
    fuck i'm BAKED OUTTA MY MIND!!!!!!

12. You speak of the truth..

13. You want to eat something that slowly releases energy about a half hour before you smoke like bread or potatoes or something. Save any sugary food/drinks for after you smoke to get your blood sugar level up again.

14. Eat a big meal instead of junk food, like steak and mashed potatoes w/ gravy. mmm...

yeah you won't have munchies after that

15. I feel sorry for you man. For me, eating while high is the best.

Back to the OP, just smoke yourself stupid and zone out (jk???????).

16. I know this is super old but I just wanted to call this kid out. Cause there's numerous times I went to red lobster and chowed the fuck down. Even dessert. Then go home blaze and I'm In the kitchen Makin a sandwhich. IMO there's no cure except eating lol

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. as ive smoked more n more over the months munchies dont happen anymore to me

18. I've been smoking 6+ years, and for me, the struggle with munchies is very real. Blazing at night is by far my favorite. So I'll tend to rip a vape, watch some good tv or movie, and munch the fuck out.

One thing that has actually been working for me to curb the munchies is to brush your teeth after you smoke or right before you start to get the craving to munch out. Brushing your teeth not only feels amazing (try flossing too, feels great and you know it's good for you-double win) but it totally helps me not munch b/c I know I'll just have to brush them again before bed, and who wants double work? Not my lazy stoned ass.

Essentially, you need to figure out your normal pattern of munching or smoking is and then figure out a way to disrupt your munch time before it happens. Some people need to get up and move/go for a walk, some people use gum or mints, some use water. I personally have tried all of those and nothing works like brushing your teeth, at least for me.

Give it a try. Hope it helps!