White Widow Bubbleponics Grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by trueg115, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Here is an update for day 19

Should I cut off the leaves that are yellow/brown?
    I Fimmed one of the plants today, and am planning on going into Flower sometime next week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Leave em on there bud, if you cut them off before you get things fixed, it will just go to the next set of leaves IME.

Nice plants bro.

3. #23 Essentials, Nov 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2008
    You're gonna want to take some black electrical masking tape and tape over the the entire tub several times.

A big problem with the StealthHydro tubs is that light can easily penetrate the light blue plastic, meaning over time scum and algae can grow in the reservoir slowly killing your plants and creating brown root rot. That's a big problem I ran into in my first grow (caused one of my girls to turn hermie) and that's why I opted to not to go with them this time.

4. I have no clue what happened... but I turned the lights off for 12 hours because I was switching to flower a little early.. and when I switched the lights back on OMG. Most the leaves shriveled, I found a few leaves with that looks like something had devoured parts of it.

I quickly sprayed baking soda on them in case its some sort of fungus because thats what I thought a few days ago. I dont even know if they are revivable now, but i'm going to keep them up and see if they can bounce back.
    All my time and money in this pretty much gone in 12 hours

I'll get pics later they are to bad to even be photographed right now.

5. #26 dutchgirl78, Nov 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2008
    ya my response do those day 16 pics was "jeez." keep it up, looks good. i wouldn't worry too much about burned first set leaves, a few of my plants have that, too, and as long as the new growth looks healthy and you correct the problem they'll be fine.

cheers on a great grow so far :wave:

edit: just read through the second page...hope that burn's nothing too serious at this point. the plants are still looking incredibly lush, i'd recommend cutting leaves off only when they're a completely lost cause. have you gotten the ph under control? posting pics might also help someone diagnose the plant, just a thought. good luck with the girls and i'll be watching this one.

6. If anyone would like to help to diagnose what could have happened:

They dont seem to have gotten any worse, could it be that something accidently got into the water that hurt the plants? could it be some kind of fungus? I noticed some of the roots were pink.. maybe some type of algae?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. wow i'm not sure what that is but it looks bad. did you change the water? maybe try flushing her... also are all your plants like that? i couldn't really tell if that was just one plant in the picture. i hope she clears up for you fast

8. #29 Essentials, Dec 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016

That's probably what happened, I saw the same things happening to my leaves when I used the SH tub before I masked it in electrical tape.

9. Also it may have been pH burn, I read that you had trouble keeping it below 6.5?

If you hadn't stabilized it, that's what may have done it... also if you used rockwool as your starting medium, did you pH it for preparation first?

Remember hydro likes a slightly lower pH... 6.0, I find, is too high... I usually shoot for 5.5-5.8...