Best Brand of Nutrients and Soil

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by cannabislover, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Foxfarm and botanicare pureblend pro grow and bloom, plants love it

2. If you don't have a store that sells supplies for this, can you use the plant food they sell in the like the garden center of Lowes and miracle gro potting soil?

We're running a small CFL set-up. First growsky...

Thanks

3. OK then Ill take it down to five plants under the 600, and im deffinetly gonna have to try the molasses out:)

4. #24 doindia, Oct 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2008
    ill tell you what man, i got 9 ounces off of two plants. my first grow ever. and one of the plants only gave me an ounce (it was given to me by a friend just as an addition and it was sick. i also let the monster veg for two months. anyway like above stated dont try to guess yield because on your first grow you might be dissapointed. also there are too man variables to guess.

as for your scrog idea. im gonna go ahead and tell you, its a great way to grow, however the majority of scrogers like to use clones. im not saying it cant be done with seeds, but clones provide a more uniform grow. its easier and everything is on the same page. jfyi

also, if your gonna do 5 plants you either need to flower them immediately or do less plants you dont have the sq footage really in my opinion.

you look at it as one plant not getting much light (but still growing) i look at it as that plant taking that much light and space away from the other 4. even though they seem to be growing fine, you dont know what they would look like if they had more space and light. i would go by the rule of thumb for optimal growing conditions 1 plant per sq ft. like was stated earlier

5. Get some blackstrap organic molasses. 1 tbsp per gallon. Feed them molasses when you start flowering. Add molasses as a supplement to your other blooming ferts...

It works like magic... denser, bigger, thicker buds my friends...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ok just making sure but I just measured the completed flowering room and its 5.5 ft, 3.3, 6.5 it looks a little big for just 4 plants but Im no expert so if you say so ill take ur word for it.

7. #27 doindia, Oct 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2008
    well math is the last subject you should take my word in, but ill give you what i got...

height dosent really matter so

5.5*3.3= 18.15 area the sq of 18.15 is 4.26 so i would say taking that extra .26 and dividing it up between the four would barely be over 1 sq ft per plant...

like i said, YOU DEFINATELY want someone to check my math because everything above might not even make any sense haha and im fried as fuck to boot.

what are you looking for here? are you gonna try to scrog it? because if so you can put however many in there, it wont matter because the light will be covering the blanket of colas, and everything underneath will be trimmed off

8. many people say blackstrap is the best, but ive had the same yeilds on a strain ive got dialed in, with other molasses' too. the main thing when using molasses is to make sure its organic unsulphered, i think grandma's makes a brand, im just using the local health food store brand.

9. How does this happen all the time? I don't think those people from 2008 will answer you but you might get lucky.

Make your own thread.

Checked out your link. You need to fix this typo.. hehe. I do almost every post.
    "I see an astonishing number of high-quality cannabis pants"

I want some cannabis pants.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Switched away from the widely loved FFOF. Its buggy and its buggy. Did I mention its buggy? Went with Nectar of the Gods #4. I am experimenting with using it as a base for my own recipe.

• Like Like x 1
  11. both questions are subjective.

12. I just started using Necatar for the gods nutrients. They're pretty amazing. My plants are overgrowing my lights in the first two weeks of flower. That is definitely a company worth checking out. They're all organic as well so everyone should love that. The plants even do.

13. glad a grower with your skill set agrees. I'm working on making a soil mix with #4 as a base. so far, its promising but still have work to do. I am trying to do minimal amendments to save time and money. I am adding worm castings at 20-30% and of course more perlite among other things. BTW NOG makes a mix with 50% more perlite. I think its called #8 mix? not sure. Will check with them on a nute program with SIPs. Not sure they can help me there though. If so....work done.

14. Nectar for the gods makes a time release nutrient mix for long term lazy mode. I saw it at the store today but I'm a pretty dedicated hydro grower. If it's as good as some of their other products it might be worth trying.
    One Shot | Oregon's Only
    [​IMG]

15. wow all my work has already been done and looks like a lot less volume to add and a lot simpler.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I just browsed their shelf today. Almost went with the feather tea but ended up going Herculean harvest bone meal.

17. The only thing I see is lack of potassium. You could add langbeinite to your mix with it. It's a potent mineral sourced potassium amendment. It's over 20%.

18. Holy cow i got to look that up. Not that i dont believe you but bc i have a lot to learn

• Like Like x 1
  19. Blue planet nutrients