The official UFC/MMA thread...

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by BMISS, Oct 15, 2008.

1. I'm a MUCH bigger fan of Bas Rutten than Kevin Randleman, but Randleman got screwed in his fight against Bas. Granted, he had a lot of weight on Bas in those olden days, but still, he beat him and should have been awarded the belt there and then.

Kudos to Bas for staying in the fight. Randleman was destroying him with some GnP and had already broken his nose. Major physical mismatch, and Bas chose to keep going.

2. bas rutten and one of the shamrocks fought for some sort of vale tudo belt. They had these big ol' biscuit eating wrestling boots, the WWF style. Man that was funny to watch. They were slapping the living shit out of each other. Big ol fucking bitch slaps. Crazy rules like no closed fists and some other weird stuff.

I watched an interview where bas talks about that match and actually cops to closed first smashing frank shamrock in the face a bunch of times. He was all "ya, ya, good times" about it. I don't think he likes them shamrock boys at all. Bas also talked about his years as a bouncer and the ass whoopings he unleashed on dbags and drunks alike.

3. I wonder what part the PED's played in this.

4. At the danger of seeming presumptuous, I'm going to go ahead and say that being that jacked for that long of a time can't be good for the heart. Randleman and Coleman were Team Hammerhouse and if anyone was accused of roiding back in PRIDE it was them and Alisteroid.

There are many things that can weaken a heart, but when a horse of a man drops dead in his youth, I'm expecting his physique to have had something to do with it. In Randleman's case, the Staph couldn't have helped either.

5. Alister was what, 185-205 in pride. He didn't looked jacked like Coleman and Randleman.

6. Yeah, idk if PRIDE was still around when he started bulking up. I know for the majority he was around 205 like when he fought Chuck, but I could have sworn PRIDE was still around when he started his transformation. Maybe I'm off by a year or two?

7. Looks like his last fight in pride was Shogun (I presume at LHW or MW) in February 2007, then fought MW in September then HW in strike force in November 2007.

MW to HW in 2 months? Lol

8. Better believe it
    [​IMG]

Horsemeat + Jesus Juice makes for a healthy breakfast.

9. I guess most of the Ubereem devastation came in K1 like organizations.

[​IMG]

I have to admit. I'm still a huge Overeem fan. The dude obviously juiced and we don't accept that in North America like we do in Japan, but even if he got there illegally, I always had to bow down to the sheer power. I certainly would have never signed to fight him during those days.

10. Most likely they were all jacked though. I'm sure you have heard, pride contracts explicitly stated they don't drug test.

Yea I'm a big Reem fan too.

In one fight the commentator says "Alistair Overeem is freakin huge" "you could screen a movie on this guys neck"

11. pride called their classes different to everyone else- pride middleweight is 93kg/205lbs so its only up one weight class.
    205lbs (with a cut) in september, 224lbs (no cut) in strikeforce in november.
    it was his run in dream where he got huge
    september 2007 (strikeforce) 224.
    sept 2008 (dream vs crocop) 241
    sept 2009 (dream vs james thompson) 253

putting on 30lbs of muscle in 2 years (and continuing to gain for a bit after that) is some serious horsemeat!!

12. Good info thanks!

13. The Japanese need to just straight out come up with another organization that specifically doesn't test. I'm ready for more car accidents like this

[​IMG]

14. Overeem resighned with the UFC. I was hoping for a trend. But he is close to a title shot, as absurd as that sounds. So I get it.

15. Do rizin test?
    it seems to be pretty much pride in every other way

16. Wanderlei Silva vs Fedor in August should be interesting

17. Is it official? at what weight class? hw?

18. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1455627423.979832.jpg

Never watched this company so idk but that's what I saw lol

19. I wish juicing was accepted in all sports. Like seriously...fuck it...most of these organizations there are guys finding a way to cheat anyway.

I wanna see some wild shit in my lifetime. So it's about time we allow the boys to open the flood gates and let the steroids/human growth hormone flow like a mighty river. Who's with me? (Fuck the children [​IMG])

20. I think if both fighters agree to be jacked, let um.

I don't like the idea of jacked fighters fighting the clean fighters.