The official UFC/MMA thread...

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by BMISS, Oct 15, 2008.

1. [​IMG]

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' >
    Just after the UFC announced Jon "Bones” Jones will have a championship
    fight in April following a long layoff after he crashed into a pregnant
    woman and took off, KRQE News 13 has learned his driving problems
    continue.

Online court documents show on January 31st Jones was cited for driving
    without a license, registration and insurance, by a Bernalillo County
    Sheriff"s Deputy.
    </blockquote>
    http://krqe.com/2016/02/07/jon-bones-jones-in-trou...

No Bones, Not now. You must reclaim your title as the baddest man of the planet, you must solidify your legacy. Also DC is super annoying. I might take a break from watching mma all together if Bones doesnt make it for that April fight.

2. This cannot be true....

He must be mentally handicapped if he was doing this again at this point in time.

3. So how about Mike Pyle, Quicksand wins again. Love watching that guy fight.

4. Just rewatched the Wonderboy massacre of Big Rigg. I'm not a big fan of Hendricks but I give him major man-props for that fight.
    Just towards the end there is a sequence where Thompson just lays a good 3-5 shots into him, which unfortunately ended with a mediocre kick to some of Hendricks' crotch which didn't really connect. Thompson paused for a brief moment giving Hendricks a chance to say if he's ok in regards to the crotch kick. At this point Johny was already visibly hurt from the 3-5 legit hits he just ate, and he could have easily taken the crotch contact to ask for several minutes to recover. Instead, he took 2 seconds, and calmly nodded at Thompson that he is ready to proceed to take his beating and go down fighting.

Hespect

5. Theres a lot of things you can say about big rigg in terms of how out of shape he lets himself go, missing weight etc- but when hes in there that man goes to throw down no questions asked. hes never going to be one of the that went a bit near my balls, the reply will probably show it missed but dam im tired lets milk this for the full five minutes types

6. Ben Rothwell is fighting the ghost of JDS. Rashad Evans vs Shogun, and Machida vs Hendo. Gonzaga is fighting Magomedov. Some nice fights coming our way in the next few months.

7. Mighty Mouse is fighting Cejudo on the same card as Jones DC 2. Stacked card already

8. its so disappointing whats happened to JDS- When he started in the ufc he was a beauty to watch, I called that he'd be the one to dethrone cain (the first time) some way in advance, I won some money on that fight. There was a point where he looked like he could be really great.
    Then cain 2, cain 3 and stipe fights all inflicting more damage than he'd had in his career before those fights combined and I find it hard to believe he'll ever look like his old self again. It kind of feels like hes gone from being a young/newer fighter with great things ahead of him to the old guy thats not going to ever beat the top 5 again and soon youll start wondering how long he's going to keep this up for in the space of like 2 years and pretty much skipped the prime bit that normally sits inbetween.

9. I know what you mean about JDS. The Cain wars took years off his life.

This is Heavyweight however. Anyone is capable of going on a K.O. streak and certainly JDS is. Look at the run the ancient Arlovski put in. I'm not writing JDS off just yet.

10. I'm about ready for Jones to shut Heavyweight down and become the undisputed baddest man that ever lived.
    His legacy will be cemented by another decade of devastating total domination at Heavyweight. 260lbs chiseled dominance as if Anderson Silva and Alisteroid had a baby and it grew up with Lebron James.

1. [​IMG]

Hire this man a driver

11. Yeah Dana needs to hire a driver for Bones. Its been said over and over again by a lot of different people. Also am I the only one who would really love to see Big Ben get a title shot? I wish more people liked him, to pull of two consecutive identical chokes, latter of which he subbed Barnett with is no small feat.
    I think Big Ben might even beat JDS, at least this JDS. Hes so much more durable then a lot of these heavyweights.

12. This is a tad late but anyone see Derrick Lewis "the black beast" do the dab after his fight? Lol funny stuff

13. I really like Rothwell as a person. I remember a documentary I saw on him years back and since then have always wished him all the best.

Having said that...

If he ever wants that gold, he better get it asap. If JBJ returns the same guy and goes up to HW it is over for that belt for a long time.

14. If bones continues to take his strength and conditioning as seriously as he has during his suspension then hes going to be uterly terrifiying when he goes up.
    Part of me is very suspicious of it happening during his suspension (presumably usada wernt testing while he was off the rosta),we'll see how he looks going forward.

15. Took me a minute.

16. #28056 Rotties4Ever, Feb 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2016
    Stop. Time out from everything. Kevin Randleman passed away from heart failure after losing a bout with pneumonia. I have no words. Incredibly sad. He was 44. A Pioneer and a Legend. God needed help fighting the demons from Underworld. I hope hes body slamming demons now. Protecting Heaven's Gate. Rest In Peace you glorious mother fucker.

This beer is for you. Fuck man I am sad now, hes was genuinely a good guy. I hope he gets the burial he deserves, with full honours.

edit :
    [​IMG]

17. Sad about Randleman. Do they know details yet?

I'm guessing considering the guy was ripped @ all times, the heart finally tapped. It reminds of other powerful greats like Jon Pall Sigmarsson whose heart gave out @ 33 while in top shape.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. The life of these two...

Coleman, wrecked body and completely broke in his 40's. Randleman dead.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. #28059 Rotties4Ever, Feb 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2016
    From the outside looking in, its hard to imagine how much these guys really sacrifice. Most people see them as just fighting like theyre a bunch of cavemen. Its easy to draw all sorts of uninformed conclusions.

Edit- From Mirko Filipovic
    [​IMG]

20. i remember seeing a video of randleman with a staff infection in his side. it was fucking monstrously brutal. you could see day light from the bottom of his side up to the top under his arm pit. like a flesh tunnel. he just laughed it off for the camera.

fedor was at one time one of my favorite fighters tom watch. he just couldnt be beat no matter what. he would just take the best you had, spin it around and give it riht back to you. like that super smash that kevin threw fedor with. man was that fucking crazy. then fedor just spins around and practically twisted randlemans arm off.

if i had to describe kevin randleman in a single word, EXPLOSIVE would be it.