What do you like your PPM at?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by mjboy, Oct 15, 2008.

1. What do you like your PPM at?

State your PPM for Veg and Flower. If you want to state why t hen go for it!

Veg PPM =

Flower PPM =

2. PPM depands on the strain and the light u got
    i do hydro under 400W HPS
    and i feed my babys from around second week

starting from 500 ppm and up to 1000-1200 in veg
    and 1200-1400 in flowering

peace

3. thats pretty good. I dont go that high in veg is about the only difference

veg = 400 - 600

flower = 1100 - 1400

4. Where would you put your ppm under a 1000w light?

5. refresh just trying to see what best ppm is for different stages of a plants life...

6. How do u raise ppm does anyone know. Do I have to add more nutes ???

7. Yes. You'll have to add more mutes to raise, and add water to lower. As for the orginal question, I work with many strains, and different size lights. My veg rooms range from 300 to 800 ppm's. My flowering rooms range from 800 to 1950 ppms. To find the best ppm for your plants start low work up slowly, always watching for signs of burn. If nute burn is seen of course lower ppms.

8. I go by the chart thats on the GH bottle.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Thanks Stoneth I just started Hydro in a bubble bucket it's looking OK but it's been a week and the growth is slow. Ppm at 650 temp at 65-70 and ph 5.7 to 6.0 I'm growing Super Lemon Haze. The leaves seems to be turning a lighter green I hope it's not nute burning.

10. Depends on the nutrient line I'm running, the medium I'm using, the strain I'm growing and how far along in the grow I am. There is no blanket answer to this question.

11. I use the GH expert feeding program.

veg = 1200
    flower = 1550

seems to work well on the NL that I've grown. haven't used it on any other strains, but going to start nirvana jock horror next week, and I wonder how they will do on GH. been considering trying advanced nutrients, but then again, if it aint broke....

12. I have been having some issues with slow growth, I think it might have to do with my high PPM in flower, so I'm backing things off to 1100, vs. my last post.

13. Thank u for this thread. I'm on my first grow. My 5 weeks vegging plants I have at 1100. And ima do 1400 for flower. In 10 gal dwc. And for my 4 clones in undercurrent in 10 gals I have their ppms at 500. They been in there 4 days and I see a few roots popping out. Check my grow If u like.

14. Wow your ppms at 1000 mine in week 4 and I'm at 450 ppms and finally the growth is explosive. I'm afraid to up it cause I burned her at first

15. I use anywhere between 1000 to 1300 ppm for veg and then flowering 14-1600 ppm no problems at all but u have to work it up slowly and build em up. I go by the general hydroponic chart for week 3 throughout veg and for flower jump right into week 5 on the chart works good for me

16. image-1255189813.png

This is the chart I go by

17. mrtttka209 can you post a link to that if poss please
    thanks Middy

18. I like my ppms to be just right :)

19. PPM is a conversion from EC. Some meters use a x700, some use a x500. If you are not specific about what conversion factor your meter uses then this could lead to quite a bit of confusion.

Since conversions make for confusion it is better to speak only about EC when dealing with measurements.

Early Veg: 0.6ec to 0.8ec // Balanced profile
    Mid Veg: 1.0 to 1.2ec // Increases to Nitrogen and Calcium
    Late Veg: 1.4 to 1.6ec // Increases to Potassium and Magnesium
    Transition: 1.0 to 1.2ec // Balanced profile
    Mid Flower: 1.4 to 1.6ec // Decreases to Nitrogen and Calcium. Increases to Phosphorus, Potassium, and Magnesium
    Peak Flower: 1.8 to 2.1ec // Increases to Phosphorus, Potassium, and Magnesium
    Late Flower: 1.2 to 1.4ec // Decreases to Nitrogen, Phosphorus and Calcium.

I should also add that different grow systems require different nutrient solution strength. I grow in an organic coco mixture which provides some food on its own. People who use other Hydroponic methods will usually use greater volumes of nutrients and higher EC levels.