My 3rd grow; how to get ALL big buds?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by aboutb, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Here's my third grow, first grow was 1 plant, second was 2 plants, and this one started out at 15 plants in ubiquitous red cups; Now I have 9 females (7 transplanted to pots) and some of them are obviously doing better;

the two still in red cups are obviously not doing anywhere near as well as the others, but I'm unsure as to why i have two plants with big bud stacks, and the other ones in pots aren't that fantastic (could be the diff type of plants, as I'm just using shitty seeds)

I think the bigger buds are due to the fact that I moved the light farther away: it seems the buds are growing towards the light since the plant isn't anymore; think this is true, or did I just luck out on those two?

setup: [two light bars (obviously) with daylight fluoro's and miracle grow 3 month dirt]

i've been pulling the yellowing leaves off some of the plants. maybe the stress helped the budding? I'm also unsure when to harvest, i had a picture that said to harvest after the hairs start turning brown. is the one in the 3rd pic changing for harvest? thanks all!

Attached Files:

2. That was the original setup I was thinking about but I didn't know that those lights would be enough power and definitely not enough for all of them! Good job though man, looking pretty good.

3. yea, i'm quite pleased to have two plants that are twice the yield of my last one.

4. I'd think that your plants still have some miles to go before your harvest
    I've always thought that fluorescent grows take longer, and your pics suggest that they still need some more time before full maturation.
    You might want to keep track on the colour of the trichomes on the buds after half of your fan leaves have turned yellow, then harvest from that point on according to your preference of the high you want.

Nice grow :D

5. #5 smokinafatty, Nov 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2008
    yo about2b, what size floros are you using? if i was you i would try throwing in some compact floro's. about three set of them. you can by what you need at lowes or home depot. it looks like a flood light but has a clamp on it. they are about 15.00 $ each. then get some screw in light fixtures they are shaped like a y 1 end scews int the power socket then you can use 2 cfl's in each use 3 set ups. and you shoud have somewhat of a close spectrum to a hps system lumens wont be as high but, you shoudd be able to pull about 8,000 additinal lumens. be sure to use warm light the look kind of red in tint..remember coolwhite or daylight bulbs give enoug to veg. but warm light gives the red spectrum which is needed for flowering . if you like i can find the threads i found and give you the link. it has detailed info on how to make it plus really pictures too. its how i am making mine. i use 4 4 ft daylight floro tubes. for veg and clones. and 6 42 watt cfl's, you the spiral shaped ones total watts are 150 each with a lumen out put of. 3000 lumins each i think but nonethe less you willhave an additinal 900 watts . try to keep your lumens at about 10,000 min remember at least 2700 per plant per sq. foot.when i get my cabinet finished i will get you the plane ok so just send me a privet mesage. but all and all, grow for only eusing floro tubes. next grow try pruning your plants so they dont get so tall, make them bushy like a shrub. you can also cut the very top of the plant which will give you 2 colas on each top when you flower . which could double your yeild

6. daylight fluoros...i've been thinking about the cfls, i keep seeing people with the tubes have additional cfls, and extra light cant hurt right? :D

we're going to work on topping the next batch, but what do you mean by pruning?

7. one thing i did notice is that you are inviting insects and or diseases keep the dead leaves out of your pots, for such a small amount of area and light you have they don't look to bad, you should try to get a strain like the auto flower types,lowryders have a good selection of strains that are pretty good,check them out

8. oh and by the way the lowryders are pretty simple to take care you just run a constant light of 18 hrs of light and 6 hrs of dark, you do this from seed to bud to finish "or harvest". put a couple more light in there and you can get a decent yield for personal smoke, if you don't have a small fan you should good luck

9. i've been reading about lowryders lately, i don't have a problem with timed light as i have a timer, but that definitely sounds easy to take care of....is there benefits to lowryders? (e.g. shorter flower cycle or something) that's better than something that doesn't autoflower?

10. Here is a very good autoflowering strain. It is from joint doctor. Its a cross between new york city diesel and lowryder #2. Keep the lights on 20/4 throughout the entire grow cycle and you will be fine. you are gonna need more light tho

11. i have a question if im using miracle grow for soil can i use any nutes with it during flowering stage...