HOW TO roll a dutch palma (lots of pics)

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by bostondutchmast, Sep 19, 2008.

1. So pretty much i ll get right to it :). what you need is weed and a dutch palma.

First. heres the bud ill be using some pretty shitty headies but it will do for now :(
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

start by breaking up the bud i use fingers you can use a grinder or whatever else.
    [​IMG]

once the bud is broken up you can then open the dutch and lick the outter leaf. then by the mouthpiece peel a small piece of the leaf off and the rest should unravel pretty easily.
    [​IMG]

once the leaf is off peel the cancer paper off
    [​IMG]

next find the gum piece that goes down the middle or where the inner dutch overwraps and use your fingers or a knife to split it along that line
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

next peel that extra piece of gum stip off

[​IMG]

then you can put the broken up weed inside the palam spread in the shape you want. for this i will be making a spliff

[​IMG]

now this is where alot of people have trouble. what you want to do or the way i do it is i pretty much have the weed in the middle and i use my fingers to roll the wrap back and forth until the weed is in the shape i want . then i will likc the bottom of the inner wrap or the part thats closet to the weed and i will roll up slowly starting at the end of the mouth piece moving all the way to where you spark it

[​IMG]

then lick the end about a few cm of the rest and with your tounge or lip go along the outter edge getting it a lil wet not to wet. this will keep the palma stuck and ready to put the leaf on. heres a pic of it before i put the leaf on

[​IMG]

the way to put the leaf on is the same way it came off. when you do it this way it will keep the blunt from canooeing and it will burn a little slower from my personal experience.

start by lick the edge of the leaf

[​IMG]

then with your fingers roll the leaf around ,do not table roll unless you have to.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

wrip off any extra paper and sm0oke it

[​IMG]

thanks for reading hope you enjoyed. if you have any questions post and ill answer or ger some photos or a video.

2. Nice detailed guide, I've seen alot of guides like this sticking to hand ground rather than through a grinder. Just personal preference or does hand-grinding give the blunt a smoother inhale? either way +rep.

3. Very nice detalied how-to. Great pictures also.

4. well theres lots of reasons i use my fingers. ill try an explain. its all preference tho. when you break it up by hand the nugs are a little bigger so they its not like shafey. and i think it burns slower and tastes a little better. the only time i use a grinder is when its too sticky to break up or to dense. i can also get all the stems out when you break it up by hand and all my friends complain if you use a grinder so those are my reasons behind it.

5. no offence yo, you could ripped that blunt in half.

6. what do you mean i dont get it?

and btw i dont pack my blunts either how they are rolld they never need to be packed :)

7. Also if you use a grinder you could grind your shit up too fine and end up rolling your blunt too tight. Then you won't be able to pull it at all. That being said... I LOVE my grinder lol. I just make sure that I get the stems out before I grind it up, and save them to shake for keif.

8. #8 bostondutchmast, Sep 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2008

yea well said...they do get rolled to tight some times when you use a grinder and a result to rolling it a bit looser is that you can get weed in your mouth so i try and stick my fingers for everything from breaking bud up to splitting the dutch theres no tools around when your driving and rolling blunts in boston :)

if i could find a grinder that would break it into nugs that would be good. i have 3 right now ones a 3 piece and the other 2 are mini ones that you can put in your pocket. the 3 piece one has lots of kief that im gunna have to empty :)

later on after im done smoking this L ill go and take a few pics of the grinder and my phx and a couple of my other glass pieces and possible some pics of some more bud when i pick up later

9. Yeah I've got a Space Case 4 piece grinder and it grinds my herb up to a nice consistency to roll blunts, joints, or whatever you're smoking out of. On a side note I've always wondered why people call blunts L's?

10. I like dutch palmas, but Im more of a fan of the corona deluxe's. Good guide, and yeah I prefer breaking up bud by hand for J's and Blunts. But useing my grinder for cooking,bowls, and bongs.

11. they call em L's because there suppose to be passed to the Left. or so i was told lol. pass the dutchie upon the left hand side. some lyrics from some rasta song :hello:

and im a strict dutch palma fan :). just because you can taste bud alot better and when you pay as much as i do for bud its important to taste it. the stuff in the pic was 300 for an oz and was the last of it so hopefully i can get some piff onight which is 500 an oz :( but none the less worth ever penny. i have tried all the dutches they have to offer and while there all good i still prefer this or a cornoa. the grape and strawberry are to overpowering for me and give me a headache. i will try and post some pics of that bud when and if i get it or just some more other type of cheap headies.

12. Makes sense... At least it's the best explination I've gotten yet lol.

13. pics of my 2 favorite pieces

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. i wish i could i only had a gram left and that shits dense and i want to roll another blunt because i wont be getting more until 3 or 4

15. I've heard they're called Ls because when people smoked way back when weed was called "el producto" because it came from Mexico. So eventually smoking el producto became smoking el to smoking Ls. That's what i've heard anyways, keep :smoking:

16. it could be but i have no idea...lol someone mentioned the pass on the left and it made sense so i just agreed ...lol maybe some one has facts on it or theres a thread ill search later

17. Hmm that explination sounded better than the last one haha. I just think it's funny how many people refer to them as L's and no one knows why.

18. Im not a fan of the dutch palmas. I had a 4 pack of them, everytime i went to roll ( i consider myself a veteran at blunt rolling) the inner wrap/leaf what ever you call it was always very thin, the outer leaf was fine but i always had trouble with the inner wrap

19. yea was about to post this. But this is the correct reason.