Football Official NFL Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Johnny Blazed, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Hes a elite pass rusher no doubt. Mvp noo im talking league not super bowl he deserved it and was best person on field Sunday. But 30 tackle in 16 games. ....cmon now!
    There's kickers that have that many im guessing. ....jk

2. As long as he does his job, he rushes the passer, thats what he's paid to do. Tackles is an overrated stat for an outside LB pass rusher, how many times does Miller wreck havoc on the other team?

How do you defend great qbs and left tackles, the 2 most important positions on offense, a great pass rusher.

Miller's accolades speak for themselves, 4 time all pro and pro bowl and DROY.

I will give you credit tho, Mack looks like he's the next great thing.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. i just got madden 16 and they have revis at 89. i thought that was fucking tragic, did he have a bad year or something?

4. Just wanted to drop this here for the people shitting on Cam's postgame behavior:

[​IMG]

5. I saw something on NESN where they played Brady's press conference after losing to the Giants versus Newton's press conference from Sunday.

6. Anyone notice Eli wasn't too happy about his brothers td?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. @stickyickyricky cam can still go fuck himself. He acts like a cocky motherfucker when he wins but acts like a little baby bitch when he loses? Fuck that, the MVP of the fucking league flopping around and crying like a little bitch during the game and walking out of his fucking pathetic press conference (yeah i know he could hear what the other player was saying, sack up little bitch you are supposedly a grown fucking man) is not acceptable at all. I am glad old man manning put that cocky pos in his place, maybe he will come back a little more humble next year and he can revive my faith in him, but until i see that, fuck him and that cocky horse he rode in on...oh wait, that bronco knocked him the fuck off and stomped him into the dirt on sunday...

8. he's cocky because he speaks what is on his mind and express emotion win or lose ? You got me. Until you're in a NFL players shoes and understand the love for this game those guys have, can't really make assumptions about someone. Cam obviously loves the game, and inspires kids to be great. Is it cocky to celebrate after you score for your team? No. It's a part of the game and has been for awhile. Let the man be himself, just because he doesn't want to answer a million questions in an interview about his team losing the biggest game of the year doesn't mean he is a bitch lol I wouldn't wanna answer stupid questions either.

9. Eli. Upset. After touchdown. Anyone?

10. He looked like it but of all people Eli knows it's not over until it's over. There's a reason he's the clutchest QB in the league. And I say that without bias.

11. Didn't the Giants blow hella 4th quarter leads this year?

12. Because of defense and bad play calling on the coaching side. Eli actually had his best season since 2011 imo. And that's saying a lot because he had nothing but back ups almost the entire year minus OBJ.

People really don't give Eli enough credit

13. That's good lol

14. There wasn't that much to think about, Eli...

Two TDs in 3 minutes... unlikely... just celebrate like that 8 year old in front of you. :p

15. #76516 chenzough, Feb 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2016
    No!!!! Eli frowned while the rest of the Mannings cheered . He almost looked pissed, like the team he bet on was gonna lose and that t.d. solidified that lol. It was the look of a man who was about to lose a finger.

16. Lol Archie didn't look happy either

17. Perception is reality. Could be that the sibling rivalry has been in Eli's favor rings-wise for quite a few years now, but also, Eli Manning has permanent aloof-face going on, so it's hard to say.

18. That part is true, his demeanor. Although this just seemed so different. If I could pinpoint the exact moment I would(if I wasn't so *busy). It seemed as though he looked dead pan straight into the camera. The likelihood of that being true is highly unlikely but it just added to the awkwardness of the situation. Drunk,aloof,stoned out of his mind all have different expressions. Unless this dude is short a few pebbles up there and is just limited to throwing a ball around really well(besides licking windows), I would imagine it's hard to get an expression out of him.

19. Let's be absolutely clear: Peyton Manning did not put anyone "in his place". That defense carried them to the title -- Peyton was stifled by the Panthers defense almost as much as Cam was by the Broncos defense. Granted, I do believe a QB as experienced as Peyton was a huge boost to the Donks -- he's able to do things at the line of scrimmage most quarterbacks are unable to do -- but he had a 56% completion rate for 141 yards and an INT (still played better than 1998 John Elway tho). Wasn't lighting the world on fire.

It's also strange to me that when I point out that Peyton Manning did the same thing after he lost the Super Bowl on that Tracy Porter pick-six in 2009 (and as mentioned above, Tom Brady exhibited similar behavior in 2007 after the Giants beat the Patriots, and http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/02/tom-brady-cam-newt...]admitted the same exact shit that Newton admitted[/url]) you double down on your irrational distaste for him. Cam exhibits a lot of emotion. I don't see what the big deal is -- I get the feeling you would have continued to be pissy had the Panthers won and Cam played well. You're entitled to your opinion, but hating on him for being exuberant is fucking stupid.

Football is a children's game played by oversized grown men for millions of dollars. I'm okay with watching these drugged-up behemoths act out while they're playing a children's game. If he was playing dirty (Aqib Talib, Vontaze Burfict) or a general cunt (Pacman Jones) I would understand it, but being mad at a guy with a crazy amount of talent being pissy that he can't get anything done behind an impressively fast defensive line?