The Official College Football thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Deutschbag, Aug 29, 2008.

1. [​IMG]

Coach of The Year!

2. HOLY SHIT!!!!!!

14-0 Oregon State!!!!!!

3. I want bobby to retire or die, only then will FSU make a calling like it once did, and even then it still won't be as great, the recruits in the area just are not on par to what they used to be, hopefully FSU can sign the entire madison county high seniors, they are good and right there next to FSU. Maby that school can be the Miami Northwestern of FSU.

4. down goes USC!

5. Let the Pac 10 and USC bashing commence...er, continue!

6. oh man I cant believe its happened! USC has gone down!!

7. Yeah, I think it might be time for Bobby to go... I think he might retire at the end of this season. FSU has had top five recruiting classes just about every year since '99. It's just we've got to find that right combination of athletes to click and we could beat any team in the country and return to the glory days.

Now that USC has lost, the whole season opens up for everybody (even the Noles.) No longer is it a battle for #2 to get a shot at USC. I think it'll be right next to impossible for any team to go undefeated, much less two teams. The days of undefeated National Champions might be over... of course, last year we had the first two-loss Champs ever.

It's going to be another wild year in College Football.

8. usc got but fucked by oregon sate!

9. im all about ut.they are looking pretty good this year.hopefully colt mcfag wnt fuck up later on in the season

10. I'd rather our boys worry about the ACC then getting back to the glory days, how a team like wake can beat us more than once in the past couple of years sinks my heart, it's fucking wake.

11. Yeah, I feel ya. It's like living in the Twilight Zone with Wake being the pride of the ACC... but of course after beating FSU, the Deacs go and lose to Navy... WTF, Navy!? You cannot be serious.

The Noles are getting back on track. Apparently, Jimbo Fisher wanted to establish the run game today... and that they did. The Noles put up 259 on the ground including 154 for Antone Smith who broke one for 60 yards and a TD; he had threee TDs on the day. Right after Colorado cut the lead to 11 in the third, Michael Ray Garvin, the fastest man in college football (that's right, faster than Trindon Holliday) returned a kickoff 94 yards for a TD.

Christian Ponder needs to learn how to check down and quit staring down his primary reciever and the defense had too many busted coverages which could have made the game alot closer. But all-in-all it was an impressive 39-21 win over a good Colorado team. Roll Tribe!

It is a great weekend to be a Nole. Miami and Florida lost (Ole Miss, lmao) and the Noles roll big in a game that everyone thought we were gonna lose ('cept me.) Some retard Gator fan was at the FSU game today wearing a Tebow jersey... after the UF-Miss score showed up everyone started a "Tebow" chant in honor of the lost GatrO. Twas joyous. :D

12. Just got home from Ann Arbor, watched the Michigan-Wisconsin game..most epic win in the Big House I've ever seen! Michael Phelps pumping up the crowd at the end..wow it was great. I really thought the game was over at halftime (UW was up 19-0), but Michigan made an awesome comeback! Go Blue!

13. Crazy ass week in college football!!!!!.......#1,3&4 alll go down!!!!!

14. I love it when i can quote myself and be right.

Alabama= #2... we're a hell of a lot better than i thought we were going to be... put a royal asswhoopin on georgia and just vaulted over teams from inferior conferences

15. Being an Auburn fan, I was pretty impressed at Bama's win. Needless to say but, the season is early. As much as I would love to see someone from the SEC go undefeated and take the national title, I think Bama is going to fall off their horse and lose one or two.

Auburn on the other hand...ugh, don't get me started. At least we're 4-1 and not 1-3 like Tennessee!

16. you listen to Paul Finebaum at all? I truly enjoyed listening to that guy, even as a 'Bama fan, he's incredibly ridiculous at times, but the man has balls

17. Ole miss lost to Wake Forest, and Ole Miss beat Florida...we got a chance bro to beat the gators:D, Tebow just needs to get them kneecaps broken.

18. I use to listen to the guy, but here for the past 2 years he has been saying some pretty off-the-wall crap. I agree he has some balls, and I understand he's just creating entertainment which is his job, but he really erks my nerve sometimes. I'll turn him on every now and then to hear all the REAL hillbilly rednecks call in (that goes for both teams) which is always good for a laugh or two while I'm at work. No offense to you Bama fans but you know how some of them still believe the "Bahr" is still alive, yea those are the ones who have been calling in recently...:rolleyes:

Nick has that program turning around, you gotta give credit where credit is due.

19. Let Tebow keep his kneecaps. We are going to shut him down like Miami did most of the game. It's all about pressuring him. Last year, teams would play timid and try to contain him but people are starting to figure out that you just have to go after him.

We've go the talent to beat Florida (especially on defense,) it's just up to the offense to click and put it together on the field. The motivation should be there... we can't lose to Florida five years in a row.

Do you live near Tallahassee?

20. Just ask Auburn how to beat Florida :D . Tebow couldn't beat us at all the past two years. Bet he is glad he doesn't have to play us again before he leaves!