Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

smoking while sick

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by ugeman420, Sep 7, 2003.

1. It really depends on what kind of sick you are. I've got Pneumonia from smoking weed, must have gotten some caught in my lungs. I tried smoking a bit to help with the asthma, but it just made the pneumonia way worse.
    No more smoking for me until I get better.

2. im not a fan, because once i smoked while sick and 4 hours later when i came down i felt even worse. however, since ive started blazing ive gotten sick a lot less, and i think it might be because of pot.

3. I was in the country yesterday and my allergies were acting up like crazy, I couldn't stop sneezing and I felt like shit. When I got back I was still sneezing and my nose was burning like I'd been doing lines all day and I still felt like shit. One good bong rip later I felt much better. If you having lung problems It might not be a good idea but weed has made me feel so much better on multiple occasions when I was under the weather.

4. I'm almost better. Soon I'll be able to smoke again.

5. 98.6% of the time when i smoke i dont cough at allll, when im sick with a cold, or a sore throat i cough and it sucks ballas!!!

does smokin herb while sick take longer to get better, hmm for me, not really, i dont smoke cigs or drink beer, so herb is all i have.

she is my cig!

6. I smoked this past winter with a cold. I personally found it to be awful. Made me feel worse, and i'm pretty sure it made me sick for much longer than I normally would have been.

Wouldn't recommend it.

7. i always get better. weed completely takes away any sinus troubles I have. It usually gets rid of that sick feeling. But it doesn't do shit when it comes to a sore throat.

8. it depends on your sickness, right now I have flu like symptoms with a lot of phlem, sore throat, sleeping is almost impossible, and mild signs of fever. I've smoked and it only made me temporarily feel good for the duration of being high, but also being high I didnt compinsate for the cotton mouth and I feel like that keeps me sick for longer. In the past I've always felt like smoking everyday while sick has prolonged my sickness. But if you have stomach sickness I'm sure weed is the cure.

9. it probably won't help your symptoms, but it'll sure make u feel better!
    at least for me it does. I've been sick for like a week now...just starting to feel better today :smoke:
    it's better for your liver than taking a bunch of cold meds every day at least

10. helped me sleep with a cold but probably made me feel sicker longer

11. if i smoke when coming down with any type of sickness i get medicated as fuck hahaha:smoke:

12. I recently got dried out when I left the window open overnight and slept through.. the next day, I would have recovered by I took to spitting my throat dry and I guess this depleted my mucus for quite some time.

So, I had a dry throat cough.
    I don't like the idea of gargling with salt water when I can accidentally cough still and end up with saltwater in my nose.. one of the sensations i hate the most!

I drank some licorice tea.
    That was the main ingredient, it was called Throat Coat and soothes on contact. (at least, for me)

I've been drawing hits and feeling the soreness ease up from this.

During a session, if I dry out, tincture.

13. Now that I toke every day I never get sick in a throw up way haha but if i smoke with a bad cold or cough it's only a temporary fix. I feel better when I'm high but when I come down i'm still sick.

14. Smoking with a sore throat is pretty tough. Last night was just brutal on me after smoking 3 1/2 bowls...couldn't finish the last due to a coughing fit.

15. make some very potent cannabutter with kief or hash and put it in your tea or coffee, does the trick every time. I even do it when im not sick because i love the body high of a potent edible

16. weed helps with nausea so of course it will calm your stomach down.

17. I did this too. Last month when I had a cold, I got my hands on some super high quality stuff. I took just one hit and went about my day feeling great and did not even notice the cold after that :smoke:

Is there anything this stuff can't fix???

18. This guy posted this thread in 2003. Does he still have the same cold or something? :p

I'm currently sick right now and the only thing I have to say is if you have a lot of snot, you'll get nasty post nasal drip from smoking and it will irritate the everliving hell out of your throat.

19. haha googled this out of no where just got sick two days ago and I was like fuck let's see what some people say about it. I always did just smoke anyway. I've realized this and just wanted to post because I'm sure some of you have as well. When your sick you feel like crap, don't have that desire to eat at all. While I'll never smoke with a sore throat but ya know a common cold stuffy nose, headache, I'll blaze. Now I smoked got the munchies and actually ate some food which felt really good and I'm starting to get better I think faster because I'm actually eating and taking in lots of liquids. Although you do get more stuffed up because of smoking whatever you forget about being sick as most people said and you actually eat which Is awesome.

20. I'm on day 2 of my stomach virus I just smoked twice my normal dose of weed. I hope it helps cause this shit sucks. I'd rather have a sinus infection than this shit. I can't eat or keep juice down