Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

smoking while sick

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by ugeman420, Sep 7, 2003.

1. man I think I might have as well but I never go to the doc so theres no way to be sure

2. It's helped my common colds and sinus problems, but I've learned that smoking weed while being sick with Strep Throat is just discusting. Well, for me at least...

3. kinda off topic but when my allergies hit real bad and i cant breathe a bowl usually clears everything up

4. blazing when sick has a nice warm feeling. being sick kind of remind me of being high a little

5. I too am sick right now with cold and strep throat and ear infection and all this stuff all of a sudden but anyways would smoking weed do something to the antibiotics ?

6. It helps stuffy nose for me like if you notice when u blaze ur like nostriles dry up too opening your air ways :)

7. #27 brody15, Mar 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2009
    I just got over a cold and sinus infection. I smoked as I regularly do. I'd say it helps with some of the pain of headaches and sinus, but I definitely still felt sick. I don't think it made it worse. It did help with the boredom of having to stay home over the weekend.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I had to really watch the cotton mouth, which made the whole cold thing worse. Drink fluids!

8. I am currently sick [bad cough, asthma, stuffy nose] and smoking really does help. I had a really big head ache and i was just feeling down in general, two blunts later i felt great. My headache was gone, i wasnt coughing one bit (just a few times while hitting the blunt) and i was breathing just fine.

So smoke away if your sick..

9. well im sick right now and im still blazing. evertime that i have blazed when sick i feel a lot better and dont feel that sick and it helps for headaches and stomachaches and if you cant eat without throwing up then the herb will help that too

10. In my opinion bud also relieves the symptoms of a cold but that's just my experience

11. The only time smoking helps me while sick is if I have a stomach problem..Never done it when I had a cold so..cant say anything there.

12. I'm starting to get sick... started with a sore throat, now I feel warm and it feels like it's getting worse. (runny nose, sneezing)

I started vaping, and it does improve my mood and seem to make me feel better. It's not a cure by any means... but it seems to be helping :)

13. I don't understand how so many people have positive smoking experiences when they're sick, even with the respiratory ailments. I just got over a bad cold, possibly flu (wouldn't know cause I can't afford a doctor) and my lungs still get too irritated from the smoke. I can't even take a proper hit without coughing up a lung. Sometimes I can hold it barely, but it feels like my lungs are going to explode from the pressure, lol.

14. Last winter I continuously smoked with a cold and it lasted until summer but that is just me. I am currently sick and have a tiny bit of bud. Just a cold though a dry cough (not painful) and a sinus infection. I will be back in a few min to tell you my result of how I feel and if I remember I will get back to you guys when I get better.

Back now after roastin whats left of my KB bag, I coughed pretty bad and couldn't hold my hits for long at all. I've been feeling good sinues feel alot more open but a little dry, and I have been coughing not more but when I do cough it is more of a wet cough. Normally this would seem bad but I feel that it is good because it is coughing up mucus that I couldn't cough up before. At this moment smoking is good while sick but I don't know how I will feel the next few days. I will be back with more information.

15. don't worry about it man, i had an awful cold yesterday and ran through like 50 bucks worth of weed
    nice way to treat a cold ;)

16. same thing happens with me. However when i sober up the cold hits me harder

17. I never stopped smoking while I was sick. I rearly get sick and felt that When I did get sick no matter what I had smoking would help me get over it faster. I developed serious stomach problems years ago and would be violently ill every morning and would throw up after being awake for a little. Smoking was the only thing that would keep me from throwing up and that would allow me to eat a regular diet. I feel that burning away a cold is a great idea but you do need to still be taking cold meds or whatever. :D

18. ive got a pretty bad cold or whatever, and after a few days of smoking, i felt ok when blazing at first but a few days later i feel even worse. i'm coughing more and everytime i cough theres a nice gob of mucus in the sink..i think i may have gotten a bronchial infection or another infection cuz of not drinking enuff fluids. i think im gonna stop blazin for a few days, see if that helps my recovery time

19. I had had a bad cold and cough since Yesterday, didn't sleep well last night (~2 hrs), still had a bad cold while I rolled up a joint and smoked it, and 20 minutes ago finished smoking the necessary dose required to get me high (1/3rd of a decent width 100% Marijuana joint made from 1 OCB Premium Slim paper).

I'm high now! No cough or running nose!

Just took a Vicks throat lozenge to mask the smell and to help with my throat.

Listening to Massive Attack's Mezzanine album. Trip hop!!:cool: This is awesome stuff to listen to while on weed!

WoW! ''Teardrop'' is playing now! (''House MD'' opening theme)!!

I am still high after some half an hour! Feeling fine. A little trippy since I haven't slept well last night and am tired from coughing all day!:mad: That's relieved now!:p

...Oh, Smoking up actually has temporarily (or permanently) stopped my cold and cough! :)

20. Yeah i dont think it is good to smoke when you have fewer and cold because when you have cold and cough problem you will cough continuously and if you smoke at this time then there will be lot of coughing. So it is better not to smoke.