Finishing times, Photoperiod, Latitude, and how it all works!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by dankohzee, Aug 16, 2008.

1. I live at 29 *N latitude. Yesterday was Xmas day. I harvested my last plant 2 weeks ago. The trichomes under a scope said it was ready so I chopped it down. In another week or so I'll plant the next crop. If we have a freeze I'll cover them up and add a warmer light ( halogen)as well as my LEDs. We pretty much have 365 days of growing down here with an occasional freeze. Starting my seedlings inside means I have to add supplemental lights until the days get long enough.

• Like Like x 2
  2. #102 vcxnxvjvh, Jul 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2015
    i agree, backcountry has some amazing grows on icmag. [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. can anyone tell me what week this girls in. ww from cropking.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thank you for this post, been wondering about this

• Like Like x 1
  5. outdoor all year would be nice

• Like Like x 1
  6. Do a search for which strains grow in my area. Many site will pop up and let u choose a few strains by ind or sat. Also seedfinder.eu usually adds when they are expected to finish by area.

Sent from my VK815 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  7. #107 Pro GMO 2, Mar 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2016
    Moldie I am curious. Ur pricing shows 28 dollars for 5 seeds then 83 or so for 10. Wouldn't we be better getting 3 packs of 5 for the price of 1 pack of 10?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hi Pro, yeah you are right about that - nice catch. Save yourself some money and get more seeds!

Happy growing.

9. Strange, when I went to check out the numbers were all much higher. I checked out blue dream which I had gotten from Seedsman recently.

Is there a link that explains the pricing?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ahh I see what
    I dug a little deeper and I found the answer - here's your Blue Dream:
    Blue Dream Seeds | Humboldt Seed OrganizationThey are listed as packs of 3, but when you go to select other pack sizes you see the prices +$23.40 for 5 pack and +$82.58 for 10 pack. It's adding onto what the price of the 3 pack already is. About $60 dollars for a 5 pack and $119 for a 10 pack, so no big difference.

Hope I was of help. That Blue Dream is a big cash cropper, treat her well and she will take care of ya.

11. Not worried about cash but if she holds out I will have a large yield for sure. I have some friends that in will take what I want and let them harvest the rest.

Read so many good things about the strain. I am excited about cbd crew's Hammer Shark. They will grow outside while I am in Europe this summer.

12. Hey I live in denmark and here there is no night but very dark dusk/twilight during the summer. 12/12 comes during mid september

Sunrise and sunset times in Copenhagen

here is an average light cycle

So i had a talk with a local hydroponics guy and he said that the plants might not switch. I am growing Critical

is that true?

13. Khazad..
    No.. Not true.. People grow cannabis outside in the Manatuska Valley in Alaska USA. and that's in the 60s North Latitude..
    12-12 is an artificial number inside growers use to save on power and insure a solid flip to flower.. The actual trigger for cannabis is about 14.5 hours..
    Try a fast finishing indica and you can do things to shorten the flower stage.. Vegging inside under 24-0 for example will let you veg up a much bigger plant then your going to get otherwise.. Dusting with freshly ground Malted Barley Grain can take a week or more off flower times..
    BNW

• Like Like x 2

14. thank you mate!!!

I will gradually start to give more and more dark to the plants.

If they actively start to bud in the period of the next 2-3 weeks everything will be good and they will finish on time.

I am growing Critical which has pretty fast flowering.

15. I would say between 2 - 3 weeks, middle of the 2nd week to 3 weeks max... still a long way to go!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Can I get a opinion on this? Is it ripe yet it's my first grow and its outdoor og Kush they pacer said 40 day flower time it's been 46.

Attached Files:

17. Na man for me at least I like my Og nice and ripe

18. Could you offer a novice some advice?

19. this is true. funny thing is my malawi and my blueberry are both stating to bud the same time @ 13.5hrs. daylight currently in my greenhouse! malawi is a pure landrace sativa and blueberry is nearly pure indica! go figure! couldn't be more different plants! im in n. maine.

20. hard to tell without looking under the scope but from what i can see by the orange hairs she looks done to me.