Things You should NEVER smoke out of...

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by HydroGanic, Aug 12, 2008.

1. are wood pipes safe?

2. Ive smoked out of one cheap one, it was fine, i see them at every head shop but i dont know why anyone would want to smoke out of one. Aside from the 80 year old tobacco pipe, amazing craftsmanship my buddy found at a yard sale, it burns forever amazing smoke.

3. ive got a wooden one hitter and a wooden pipe and they taste good and are very smooth compared to glass

4. I would imagine wood is just fine, that is if your smoking from a wooden pipe...which is what wooden pipes are made of...wood lol

Oh you get what I'm saying.

5. what about a metal tip from a pen? the tip im using right now is a small metal one with red paint on the outside. i burned away any paing around the edge and there was never any on the inside. ive been using it for awhile.

6. I have to disagree with titanium being on your list, as others have mentioned.

https://tokecity.com/forums/showthread.php4?t=1656 He's been making those things for a while, and he uses a titanium pad that gets heated by a small torch..there's more reasoning behind titanium than that, but I'm not in any condition to do research on such things at the moment.

7. I know that a lot of people use sockets (for a wrench) to smoke out of. I have in the past with waterfalls before I got my glass piece. I'm not really sure what it is made out of but I'm assuming it's steel? what are yalls opinion on that.

..btw first post hey everybody:smoking:

8. most socket sets are made out of a steel alloy w/ a nickel coating. as far as toxins go, nickel doesnt emit any toxic fumes when heated w/ a lighter (the hotter it gets who knows)

as far as plastics go.... pvc and abs are a no no... polycarb type plastics are fine because they arent 100% "plastic." polycarbinate plastics are used in EVERY medical facility in the us and around the world.

silicone - pure silicone is extremely heat resistant which is why its used as tubing in several different applications (vaporizer whips being one)

aluminum foil is fine to smoke out of.... if you couldnt get it hot you couldnt use it for cooking..... duh.

ceramics again are extremely heat resistant and dont let off toxic fumes when heated..

glass of course is fine, if you're attempting to make a homemade glass bong. iso and salt that bad boy first.... never know what was in it to begin with...

wood - hard woods are better for pipes and what not... they burn at higher temperatures because the tree's fibers are more dense and compact. softwood i.e. pine is a no no unless its completely dry (burning pine sap smells like shit, tastes bad, and probably isnt very good for you)

paper - who couldnt do w/o a fat joint every once in awhile

tobacco - blunts have increased in popularity in the past few years. some say it makes the hit smoother... idk.

if i left anything out let me know. oh i also think this should be a sticky in the apprentice toker sub forum.... just imo

9. i dont see a problem with stainless steel, i mean come on we COOK with it...

10. the "buttbong" from that one high times issue

11. i've always wondered if the insulation on wiring is safe to smoke out of. like u pull out th wire and just use the tube.

12. Like many have said, Stainless steal is SAFE. But what they forgot to tell you is that GALVANIZED steel is where the harm comes from.

Also be careful of DIECAST metals. They'll emite major fumes and toxins also.

13. Can we get an answer on the sockets? When I hold a lighter to it it emits butane fumes from the lighter, but I can make the same fumes holding a lighter to glass. So are sockets safe? We are kind of getting mixed answers.

14. Potato, just ruins the flavor oh your herb.

15. oak pipes are tasty

16. We've all smoked out of beer cans or soda cans. Doesn't mean it is healthy.

[​IMG]

17. You should never smoke out of my bong. It's mine, you can't use it.

18. Probably a pussy bong it'd be hot but you really want to smoke where another guys had his dick,

19. [quote name='"jomoyo069"']when i was in high school i smoked gbs out of plastic all the time and never got sick[/quote]

What wtf does that shit feel like