Things You should NEVER smoke out of...

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by HydroGanic, Aug 12, 2008.

1. You fool I grow my Marijuana or get it from one.

2. Boy do YOU live in a cave... (And I thought _I_ did)

Titanium is the new preppie material to use when making ridiculously expensive smoking items for dork-nuts that have more cash than brains. You know... the ones that have a glass pipe to match each couch in their house?
    (Point in your favor for not having heard of them)

Thanks for pointing out I'd missed that tidbit. :)

3. party on? *shrug*

4. Then it probably isn't total crap.

party on? *shrug*

5. nice guide...

6. Smoking aluminum doesnt give you Alzheimers... thats a stupid hippie myth from the 70's :rolleyes:

Are brass nuts and bolts used in plumbing safe to use as a bowl?

I got a couple from Home Depot, and its perfect for a bowl.

7. a bowl that resembles the male anatomy.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. should sticky this...aluminum is bad for you!:mad:

9. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned apples yet. Or any fruit for that matter. They easy to make bongs/bowls out of and they are safe to use.

10. Titainium is perfectly safe, do you think thy would use it for oil domes if it wasn't?

11. What about wood? that seems to be pretty safe as long as you dont burn it.

12. Hhhmmm. oh man! In my younger days my favorite piece was a home made bong with an aluminum foil bowl and the downstem was copper refridgerator pipe..... and i always lit up with a plumbers torch........
    now im scared ill have alzheimers :(

13. Titanium turns awesome colors when you heat it up (a lot)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] (same as mine)
    It would be a cool looking piece though, thats for sure.

14. My dad always stressed intensely to never use pvc for anything. PERIOD. He was a plubmer went to technical school for it and everything.And they taught them one quarter of a lungful of the smoke from heated pvc will kill you. He freaked out and went buy me my first bong to prove his point.

• Like Like x 1

15. No, you speak (although incompletely :p) the truth. Its a fact that smoking out of the metals you describe to be harmful are toxic.Good thread, although I think it might belong in the A.T. section, as thats where people go to get advice on home-mades and such.

16. is it safe to use a copper downpipe with a plastic bowl? the metal isnt getting hot at all..the plastic is some really hard shit.. doesnt even melt..so thers no fumes or anything i would think..so wat do you say??

17. what about sticky notes? the lil post it ones.

18. #39 Notro, Feb 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2009
    Stainless steel is safe as long as it is high quality, not all stainless is actually stainless, if you paid $10 it isn't stainless just like a cheap stainless pocket knife gets rusty.

Stainless is required for maple syrup boiling, evaporators are made of stainless and heat up to 450 F. With the strict health standards for those who produce maple syrup there is no way stainless is unsafe to use with a damn bic or a torch.

"if it ain't glass, paper or cigar, gtfo" in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Gotta love my glass :)