Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannagliss? "Pot Drops" *MUST READ*

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Chronik-Judge, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Hashbean from TC does a good vid on this

edit: <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lKuOik1pcNs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lKuOik1pcNs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

he puts it in his chocolate milk and swishes it around for a while. he knows his bud and extracts VERY well so im sure this works, will have to try it sometime

2. Yeah I know smoking it is the most inefficient way but 60 doses off one gram? so your saying I could get 60 doses(or close too it) with one gram of cannabutter? I dont believe that.

3. i just read about this in the current High times mag... THEY WOULDENT LIE TO US!

4. Yeah, the math doesn't work out quite right. If this actually extracts 80-90% of the THC in the bud, that's still only 8-9x as much THC out of the same amount of bud. On the other hand, what does it do with the other cannabinoids? Do they remain in the bud or do they also get extracted by the glycerin? Because if the CBDs remained in the bud and only the THC were extracted, I could understand the extravagant potency claim a little more, but I doubt the other CBDs are left behind in the bud.

5. It will not be pure THC without using an isomerization process and converting all other cbd's to THC and then all THC to its delta-9 isomer using sulfuric acid. Also, all of those methods are assuming you are starting with high quality hash oil.

If you want to read up, I suggest:
    "Cannabis Alchemy" and "Marijuana Chemistry"

edit: also according Dr. Atomic isomerization increases the potency 2-5x

I swear some this stuff sounds like a potions class out of Harry potter but it works. lol

6. wow that's awesome. that's basically a full proof way to not get caught with cops.

7. i do believe its called a tincture.

8. Are you serious about changing all the other chemicals into THC? Im sorta skeptical. Link please?

Oh shit I for some reason skipped that.

9. Yes, it is completely real, isomerization removes (it could be adding, but w.e) hydrogen atoms off to convert cbd's into higher rotating forms of THC (all on molecular level).
    **NOTE** this is very dangerous (highly flammable compounds and acid that will eat through your skin) and is pretty advanced chemistry so I really don't recommend just "trying it out." You really need to know what you are doing.

"Marijuana Chemistry" by Michael Starks. ISBN 0-914171-39-9

• Like Like x 1
  10. I'll try this with my next pickup.

But it said you can make it with a gram. So would the timing be the same? Also I don't get the whole stick it into a computer exhust part?

11. For heating purposes.

12. I want to do this but it's all about speed baby, but if I wait great prize.. hMMM

13. i hate your thread i spilt a .5 while reading it...

14. [​IMG]

cannabutter and "cannagliss", which is what this thread is about, are two entirely different things, man.

this thread isnt about putting 3 drops of cannabutter on your tongue. read the OP! :rolleyes:

15. So do you have to strain out the used up leaves before putting it in the dropper?

16. Anyone tried this and know if it actually works? I doubt the numbers are correct, even if you do get much higher from much less...

1600 doses for an ounce? Thats 200 doses for an 1/8 of weed. I highly highly doubt I could get high 200 times from an 8th of weed with this method... But who knows?

Also would mold be a problem? And I'm guessing you strain the mixture at the end of the 2 months?

This sounds too good to be true, but I'm very interested. (+rep to op for finding this)

17. I ended up reading the whole post that the OP linked to, all 16 pages. Seems like a fair amount of people have NOT had success with these pot drops.

18. I think it would work well, get you very high in a short amout of time with the drops under the tounge method.

and for all you skeptics about the dosage, there are about 20 drops in a milliliter. there are 5 milliliters in a teaspoon, 3 teaspoons in a tablespoon, and 16 tablespoons in a cup, and he used a cup of glycerin
    multiply all that out and you get 4800 drops and recommended dosage of 3 drops 4800/3 = 1600 doses.

now i dont know if 3 drops would really get you blazed but if it does...you could get high 1600 times from an oz.

• Like Like x 1
  19. i'm finding it hard to believe that the overall potency of the zip (of course we're thinking in abstractions) is will be affected much in either direction. of course the thc per volume will be higher than plant matter, but will the tincture really be more potent overall (in the long run) than your smoked plant matter from the same ounce?

sounds like its for sure worth a try, though. i'll probably give it a whirl with a quarter of the goods first and make sure things are straight.