Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Recipe Hashmoufs Recipe Guide For cannabutter (Step By Step Pictorial)

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Hashmouf, Jul 17, 2008.

1. #981 labcoates13, Sep 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
    So thinking about trying this and had a few questions. I have close to 3 ounces of most stem, trim, lil bit of shake and such. is there a limit to how much thc the butter could hold? I'm trying to make to make brownies that will without a doubt fuck us up cause usually edibles don't work on us. So we don't care we still only get one batch with all that weight as long as they're good. Also, it really works with only cooking it for like 5 mins on low after it started on medium? Cause a lot of places I see say cook it for an hour or more and never heard of cooling it and then cooking it on low again. Also how much cannabutter do you come out with? Is it still 8 oz of butter or do you lose some? Sorry for the long post just very curious thanks a bunch in advance!

2. #982 Kiss420, Oct 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2015
    Made my butter tues. Made 2 dozen cookies and ate 'some' batter. I'm feeling it not even 10 mins later! Never had edibles before. Is that normal? I thought it took longer

ETA thanks for a great recipe!!

3. Instructions don't include decarb... Do you not decarb first? (I wouldn't think the short heating time would be sufficient for decarb?)

4. Great guide very helpful to many people. Just wondering why not put all your cannabis into a cheese clothe tie it off and just submerge in butter and using a double boil method for about 4 hours, remove cheese clothe bag squeeze all the butter out of it and viola no need to heat second time or strain. Just wondering why you do that I've never heard of cooling the butter then reheating then straining. Sorry I know its old thread but I'm new hear just reading through stuff

• Like Like x 1
  5. 2 sticks, 4 oz each=8 oz=1/2 pound

6. for people asking i have used this method a few times and never decarbed and the butter worked great. im doing a batch now and im going to decarb tho

7. Since first discovering this post, this is the only way I make coconut oil or butter. Decarb @240 for 40mins, put in oil for 5-10mins around 180-200 then in the fridge for 24hrs. No re heat is necessary unless you want to strain out material. I like this cold method because it saves allot of the terp taste in the oil or butter. And it keeps down on the smell when your making the butter, decarb always sinks but this is only 5 mins in the heat and then in the fridge if you can't have the smell lingering for hours.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

8. thanks i figured decarb was necessary before only cooking for 5 min.

Deciding with butter or qwiso

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  9. I hope this isn't too stupid of a question but I have never made butter . Is the bud supposed to be green or dried . It looks like fresh green in the pics . I have about 80 grams wet. What I call popcorn buds . There all tiny from the bottom of my plant .

Thanks

10. I would just break it up evenly, put it on foil for 40mins @240, it should turn to a dust when you roll it in your fingers. It's a very certain feel to it after it is decarbed and by the second time you know for sure. The color depends on the plant, ive had green and brown after decarb.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk