Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana Recipes.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Chronitron, Jun 17, 2008.

1. I never tried that. Do you think the butter would work the same? You know what, I'll go do it RIGHT NOW at 1:34PM (Pacific Coast) on 10/13/2008 and report back in a little bit on how well it works. I'm actually going to start a new thread about it if it works so watch out. :smoking:

2. :bump: Just wanted to refresh and bump this thread for anyone who didn't see it a few months ago.

3. so did the oil work? i am very interested. is this the same way rick simpson cure for cancer guy does it, just cook it like regular cannaoil??

4. +rep awesome list

I'm going to pick out something to make tonight

5. Haha! Oh man I forgot about that. Yes it worked. It is not the same way the Rick Simpson does it to cure cancer. This is just cooking oil. You want to make sure that ALL of the plant matter is strained out (I made that mistake and had dried pot in my leg hair for 3 days). Just take the oil, enough to get your fingers wet, and rub it where you have an ache. It takes about 20 minutes but I definitely didn't have any pain in my knees when I did it. I ended up getting stoned on top of it so I definitely forgot to make the thread haha!

6. yeah its pretty rediculous:smoking:

7. For anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

8. :bump.

Maybe someone can throw this thread into the Harvesting/Processing forum? I think this would be perfect over there.

9. nice list, im gonna make the pasta w the peppers tonight. ill tell you how it goes :)

10. ? how does the milkshake work if your not heating anything in it? thanks

11. The milkshake would be made with Horchata - weed milk. YOu do want to boil the milk with the weed in it for a few hours and then let it cool in the refrdgerator for awhile. Then go ahead and make the milkshake.

12. #32 LuvitHeart, Feb 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2010
    Greetings Chronitron,
    Thanks for a gang of great recipes:hello:.. I can hardly wait to try some of them.. I just made my 1st tincture this week it is on my counter in a dark dish covered with cheesecloth, I have a small

fan on low. I just Luv Luv Luv U for sharing all these wonderful ideas with me... I have found a

source to try my edibles, and tinctures out on.. My honey is such a lightweight he went off to La La

Land on 2 bite size brownies that I made.. Now he won't try anymore edibles.. Good for him he did'nt eat the x4 Butter cupcakes with

cannacreamcheese icing.. I found out that patients with extreme pain like there meds very potent

so they don't have to consume alot to get relief.. I don't want them to get fat eating all my yummy

treats:D... Thanks again Chronitron your the greatest!!!!

13. How do you make cannashorting? Same as canna-oil/cannabutter pretty much?

awesome thread btw. i'm REALLY sensitive to the taste of bud in edibles, it makes me gag. unless i'm medicated, in which case i shouldn't be eating edibles really anyway ahaha, not making that mistake again.
    gonna try out a few of these and see how it goes :]

14. If you are sensitive to the taste of canna, you will NOT want to use these recipes. There are many things wrong with the instructions as given, too many to realistically go into without starting over entirely. The water is the primary issue, it's an inferior, old-fashioned and cheap method of monitoring temps, it extracts huge amounts of chlorophyll and other inert, unpalatable properties from the plant, when what you're truly after is potency, via oil-soluble glandular material. Water contamination inhibits the process, while pulling out and enhancing all those flavors you dislike. This is why clarified butter or 'ghee' is used when making a canna butter, and why it's recommended for any oil that your plants are, not only dry, but decarbed to further remove water and carbon vapor.

When using a pure oil source, it takes much longer at much higher temps to extract the impurities you're trying to avoid, than it does with water which is almost instantaneous (chopping your leaf or buds even in ice-cold water for instance, will turn the water green right away). And when you're using pure oil, the cannabinoid extraction and glandular breakdown you're actually after occurs much more quickly than it does when water is present, reducing the time required to achieve the most concentrated potency, and further reducing the risk of flavor contamination.

http://forum.grasscity.com/incredib...-hash-candy-canna-bombs-more.html#post9431861

You'll know your oil is finished when it reaches a glossy dark brown, almost black color:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

When made properly at the correct temperatures, and with a good pure oil source, you should be discarding green leaf and will be left with a more pure, thick, amber-black glandular oil, with little to no green color, or flavor.
    [​IMG]

Good luck!

15. well i am hungry now...what a great set of munchie ideas