Dwc?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Chronitron, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Hey guys. This may sound dumb, but what does DWC mean? I know it's something in the realm of hydroponics but what does the actual DWC mean? haha I feel dumb.:confused:

• Like Like x 1
  2. DWC stands for Deep Water Culture. It is an hydroponic, or more closely known as an aeroponic system. It is when there is a res that is completely light sealed so algae growth does not occur. Using an aquarium pump with some air stones cause highly oxygenated water to bubble on the base of the roots causing extreme growth. Not recommended for a beginner but with enough research anything is possible. Good luck man!

• Like Like x 1
  3. OK. I know how to run hydroponics, I just haven't ever heard it called DWC before. Thanks for the explanation :)

4. DWC and aeroponics are two completely different things. DWC is actually water in the res. with the roots sitting in water all the time. aero has a separate res. and sprayers that spray a fine mist of nute. solution on the roots.

5. Check out my system.

Easy to make.

-C

6. DWC is BEST for begginers i dont care what anyone says

• Like Like x 1
  7. I agree with doober that DWC is great for beginners. My latest grow was a few in coco, a few in soil and a few DWC with all the same strain side-by-side. The coco and soil plants did fine but required more attention whereas the DWC grew like crazy, yeilded about double, and took half the maintenance. Now I only use DWC and I recommend friends of mine who are just getting into the hobby to do the same. Check out Rumpleforeskins thread on how to make a bubble bucket at the top of the Gen. Indoor Growing page. Those buckets work great. The only thing that I changed was I didn't put a sight level indicator on mine and I added a 100 GPH pump to mix the solution better. Good luck!

8. I just started my grow 3 weeks back with decided and would appreciate consult with it. First time and I really don't know how to use the sight so can someone help me? I made a thread I believe you can get to it from my page? I think?

9. Do I need a water chiller for dwc?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

10. No. I also started with DWC. Made sure I had everything in order and working properly before I germinated and it’s been smooth sailing. Harvest in 3 weeks or so. Easy. But have everything ready. Make sure temps and air flow are squared away first. Have calmag, hydroguard, all nutes, ppm meter, ph meter, air pump, fan, filter etc. then it’s just fun. No sweat.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Can't really strong with this method?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

12. My decision is coming along beautifully. I've been at the hospital the last 2 days and haven't checked on her but I'm sure she's fine. With the research I've done dwc is without competition the least amount of work to get a good sized crop and from what I understand 1lb yeild is extremely common for hydro grows. I would recommend having a support system for the colas once you decide you've maxed out your space.

13. I meant scrog.... dammed autocorrect

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

14. Lol
    Screen of green.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

15. Ohhhhh from what I've read screen of green is applicable when using DWC. But I found a method that seems much easier. Basically it involves a canopy ring being mounted to all of the colas under the canopy and letting all the colas hold it up. That way you can remove the planter from the Reservoir without disturbing the plant to complete your water changes and test pH and tds

• Like Like x 1