Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

MOLD on pot - photos

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Lebowski, May 29, 2008.

1. But spores that are on bud will not just go away because they are not living anyways. They are pretty much unnoticeable and indestructible

2. Ok, well a smoker who HAS SMOKED MOLD ON POT, I reccomend you DO NOT do this. I had an asthma attack immediately after smoking it, as I didn't know there was mold on it until a day later. This was when I was 15, 7 years ago, and I have given the same advise to anyone that I'm giving you.

No need for a "research adventure." There's plenty of research. Mold will make you sick. You wouldn't eat it on food, why would you smoke it?

That being said, I won't blab my advise any longer. You're 18 hopefully (though if smoking mold, unlikely), and you're old enough to make your own decisions.

Good luck.

3. Cant you just make iso or bubble hash out of it if you really need something to smoke? Theres no way id risk smoking mold.

4. i vote for a sticky.

+rep for sure

5. that happens whenever I put dank bud in an airtight container:( The bud starts to turn flaky then browns then grows the mold which looks to be brown hairs:mad:

6. I know i'll probably get flamed for this, but i've read in a lot of different locations on the web that smoking mold really isn't harmful. (This isn't fact nor my opinion so please don't take my word for it)

I will say, however, that i have some bud now that ive kept in a jar. It was some nice headies i brought back from school. They were dry before, so id occasionally breath into the jar a little. A month later, they are unusually fluffy and, well, not dry. Just a few days ago, I notice what either looks like mold, or like those spider mite web things. I smoked it anyways, but i only do a bowl at a time. I've noticed nothing, but i also smoked minimal amounts, and am not sure what exactly it was. Basically it made the weed kinda fluffy like a damp/dense cotton ball, and it looked unusually trichromey

7. I've gotta say I sort of love you for posting this haha. I think it's informative and I can say with confidence that I'll be able to spot mold on bud for sure now

8. Well gang, the deed is done. I finally cut up some of the weed I had that was definately moldy. I smoked it the other day, and I didn't die, or nuthing.

I actually have smoked two bowls since my orginal post. It tastes a little funny, but still good. I had no ill effects from the weed. I caught a buzz, coughed a little more than usual. The next day I had a couple raspy cough's, but other than that I am fine.

To answer the other post, I am over 18 years of age, in my 40's to be more accurate. I didn't like the comment that indicated I wasn't older than 18 because I was willing to try moldy weed.

I still have some more moldy weed. I may finish it up and report back.

oh well, life goes on.

PJ

9. [​IMG]

Nobody expected you to "die or sumthing".

You know something can be bad for you and you wont die on the spot? You know that right?

But I also know you don't care... And there I was making a thread to help people avoid mold.

10. So are these pictures spider mites, or mold ? Thank you.

11. Nice, very informative.:hello:

12. #52 Lebowski, Aug 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2008
    Thanks to WeedGoddess for sharing these pics of contaminated bud:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

13. Great job bro. +rep

14. Here's a picture I took of a little mold I've experienced.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. got my vote for a stickayy

16. yeah, really. this hasn't been stickied yet?

17. What I've come to release is that certain stages of mold do not always carry visual signs. Thus, many of you have probably smoked bud with some degree of mold on it. Whether it is harmful or not is seemingly unknown, but in my experience, it's nothing to get hung up on.

Common sense, however, would tell us to avoid any bud with visibly noticable mold. :smoking:

18. Nice pics, and good idea. :hello::hello::hello:

A lil + rep for you sir.

19. right on

never saw pics of mold

20. I don't know how you guys spot that shit hahaha