Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

MOLD on pot - photos

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Lebowski, May 29, 2008.

1. Wait but the yellow powder isn't the mold right?

[​IMG]

2. Good photos.

I've seen mold that looks a bit different than that. Some light green colored mini-mushrooms.

To prevent mold and keep it fresh, I keep everything vaccum sealed and in the fridge. No mold since I started doing it.

3. Spider mites do infest marijuana plants quite often, so theres a good chance you have
    gotten weed with spider mite webs. Pics taken from .Ret3p^'s thread.

[​IMG]

4. Nice craig! Thanks so much for the contribution. That is some nasty ass growth.

Buffet: I think the yellow powder you are seeing are out-of-focus trichomes. The stuff I was pointing out were the spiderweb like filaments (there are only 3, you can see the sun glinting off them).

5. if you didnt tell me that was mold i would have smoked it, it looks really similar to trichomes.

thanks

6. No I know what you were pointing out.

I ask because on some batches of bud I get from my hook are covered with yellow powder like in that pic, mostly on the leaves and the middle insides of buds. These are def not trichomes, so I was wondering about it.

I wish I had a camera I could take some pics with but unfortunately I don't :(

[​IMG]

7. the OP's bud didn't look so bad. ha, i would still smoke it. couldn't be any more hazordous to your lungs than smoking cigarettes

8. Some of the pics it does kind of look just like trichromt but in the others that shit looks disgusting... great post man but I still do not think I would ever be able to pick out moldy weed simply because I never really look at it when I get it except to check it out and get a feel for it. I never really look at it close enough to see that stuff.

9. i always thought those long stringy fibers was cotton from the seller who wanted to up the weight or something

10. The nug in the picture was dense, and had just been ripped open, so the fibers were pretty deep in the nugs. I don't think it could have been added after, I thought it probably ended up there while the bud was growing.

Also, they were so small, they probably dont even weigh 0.0001 grams.

11. ill second a sticky!

12. wow i learn something new here every day.
    i always look for "white" weed around ca, u dont get that to often. Now I have to be carefull. thanks.

13. Why don't we make this a thread where ANYBODY who gets moldy weed can post their pics? After all, mold comes in many different sizes and, um... shapes...

14. Hey, im going to ask RMJL about this and see if we can sticky it in the growing forum's. I dont have access to Moderate those pages so someone else has too. - Nu Shaga

15. Thanks so much! There are already alot of stickies in rec. use.

16. I've got some weed that I accidently zip locked right after harvesting. Then after a week or two I had forgotten about it and it grew mold. I am so tempted to try it. The weed has been sitting in a bowl for about 5 months now all dry and crispy. It calls my name at night.

Maybe I will volunteer to try the weed and report back whatever happens. So if I get some weird lung disease I will still report here so this questin can be answered once and for all. I am willing to sacrifice myself for the cause.

Hey maybe nothing bad will happen. Maybe I will get the best high i've ever gotten. Who knows. I can't image there is anything living left on these tumbleweeds.

JP

17. We don't need a voulenteer. Smoking mold can cause allergic reactions which can end you up in the hospital or even kill you. No need to voulenteer for that, thanks though.

18. I agree, I wouldn't risk it. Of course, if you do, report back to us.

19. I may still try, I am running low on my supply and when I get bored I like to try new things. I look at this as a research adventure.

I will post in a couple days how it went.

Thanks for the support and encouragment everyone has given me.

20. ew i dislike mold :p