Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Getting my tonsils out - can i smoke?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Moto823, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Anyone know how safe it would be to vaporize after getting my tonsils out? maybe not so much negative consequences..?

2. I wouldn't recommend it, either. If you want your pot, try warm tea or edibles. Smoking in any form will lower your blood oxygen some. If you need to be intubated, it's pretty obvious if you smoke. Smokers cough like hell after tubes are removed. If you're hacking, you'll make yourself bleed and could end up in the hospital with complications. I'd also avoid alcohol because it will burn like hell.

Using some canna butter to make soft foods would be a better way of dosing during recovery. You'll probably get some pain relief from it, too. Fry up some eggs in the butter, put some in oatmeal, make homemade pudding with a couple teaspoons of the butter. After a few days you'll probably be able to get down bread with butter, brownies, etc. I was pretty sore for a couple weeks, and then felt like I had a sore, hoarse throat for a couple weeks after that.

3. I wouldn't recommend smoking at all...I had my tonsils taken out last year and i wanted to smoke soooo badly but my friend told me he had his taken out and smoked and it made it worse. I just waited a week and then smoked and i was back to normal. I recommend just making brownies or tea...Tea would probably be best though as to you won't want to eat a thing for a couple days. Good Luck though.

4. When I was young and had my tonsils removed I stopped smoking during that time, you'll most likely not even be able to talk. I hardly ate anything for 2 days, I was fucked up on liquid hydrocodone for about a week.

5. #25 t2rfiend, Feb 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2010
    Don't smoke.

That's how you get infections.

It's also going to feel like shit.

Eat/Drink your thc.

6. weed infused ice cream!

7. Tonsils are a first line of defense. That they would be flairing up that often is a strong indicater of a weak immune system.

I would get another opinion! Seek out a naturopath.

Most likely your GI tract is involved meaningd you will need products for both your immune system and GI. FYI the GI tract makes up 80% of your immune system!

Google Pet Flora. I take it every day (5 years). It is a human grade product repackaged for pets. Take 5 caps twice a day for a week along with a potent Vitamin C (Rosehips/Acerola: buffered of course). If you own cats or dogs get a big bottle and share it.

I highly recommend you begin ASAP! doing Dr Hulda Clarks' LIVER CLEANSE. Over the last 4 years I have done about 15 of them. Some alien looking objects have come out of me. It will clean out your liver and gall bladder, which are the equivalent of replacing your oil and oil filter.

As to smoking: I usually swallow a TBS of oil; Coconut, Olive, Pinenut, Hemp right before I smoke. Saves the lining of your throat, and is much needed lubricant for skin, joints, etc.

8. you should vaporise man.

9. i just got my tonsils and adenoids out this morning, and my doctor recommended i quit burning for a total of three weeks (one before the procedure and two weeks for the recovery). regardless, the last week was spent smoking just as often as i usually do, and a blunt was smoked on the way to the hospital this morning. but as far as burning after op, i havent today, made some oatmeal w a g or so in it. ill probably hit the vape tomorrow, then back to blunts in full force whenever i feel ready..

id advise to just take it easy. if you feel youre recovered enough to roll a L, then by all means, split the dutch my friend.

10. I'm surprised no one else has mentioned this, to my knowledge, but when I got my tonsils out, my doctor told me I couldn't even drink out of a straw for a while. The suction it creates could rip open your sores and you DO NOT want that. I wasn't toking at the time, but on day 3 I had a coughing fit and my sores ripped open and blood was gushing from them for a good while and I started feeling light-headed. I had to go to the ER and my doctor had to reach into the back of my (very very sore) throat and remove hunks of coagulated blood. And this was just from coughing. Luckily, the bleeding stopped and they didn't have to sew my sores back up. But, I wouldn't toke until you feel that you can pretty much eat regular food again.

11. i have never got mine removed but i dont think it would be bad there is just as much shit in the air we breath i would do it. i would start off slow and it probably would irritate it a little but it then end inless you were caughing and everything then it wouldnt do anything i have found thc to be extremely helpfull in healing cuts and stuff you can put dank rezin on cuts and it wont get infected or anything it seams to make it a tiny bit bettter i would do it, try taking a rip out of a bong and not get any smoke in your lungs or mouth then just start sucking it with a straw! just dont take any massive throat ripping tokes or you will probably cry and regret it. go slow :smoke:

12. you can do whatever the fuck you wanna do mate