Strains with high CBN %

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by plugged, Mar 31, 2008.

1. I was wondering if anybody here is aware of strains with high cannabinoid content, or if anybody knows a website/book where I can look at many strains with THC and CBN % listed.

I'd like to take a couple plants from 2-3 strains with high CBN %, one each with low THC (10% or less), medium (between 10% and 15%) and hopefully one with high (18% and up) THC content.

Thank you for any help.

I'll quote someone who replied to make it easier to understand why it'd be nice to know which strains have more/less of each chemical :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. If you want high CBN content in your plants do a late harvest (7 to 10+ days beyond the normal harvest time).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks for that tip, but there are also strains that naturally have higher CBN content. That's what I'm after.

4. "THC percentage was calculated at 16 to 18%, while the strain (medical note) is high in THCV, CBD and CBN."

Jorges Diamonds #1

5. Thank you!

More resources are helpful and appreciated! :)

6. check out strawberry haze from greenhouse...21%THC and 1.2 CBN

7. we have strawberry haze at 7 wks flower right now... they are beautiful

• Like Like x 1
  8. Blueberry has somewhere been 18 and 19 % THC

THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) gets a user high, a larger THC content will produce a stronger high. Without THC you don't get high.

CBD (Cannabidiol) increases some of the effects of THC and decreases other effects of THC. High levels of THC and low levels of CBD contribute to a strong, clear headed, more energetic high.

Cannabis that has a high level of both THC and CBD will produce a strong head-stone that feels almost dreamlike. Cannabis that has low levels of THC and high levels of CBD produces more of a buzz or stoned feeling. The mind feels dull and the body feels tired.

CBN (Cannabinol) is produced as THC ages and breaks down, this process is known as oxidization. High levels of CBN tend to make the user feel messed up rather than high.

CBN levels can be kept to a minimum by storing cannabis products in a dark, cool, airtight environment. Marijuana should be dry prior to storage, and may have to be dried again after being stored somewhere that is humid. ​

9. seems like an excellent explanation ... if this is accurate ... might help to sticky this

• Like Like x 1
  10. The "messed up" feeling is what I want for when I smoke at night :) It helps me sleep all night without waking up a million times.. and without taking benzos.

11. BLUE freakin RHINO dude it has tons of thc and 1.9 % cbd

12. barnys red cherry berry from attitude. has high thc and cbd i believe

13. For lower THC and higher CBN look to indica strains, stay away from sativas...

14. Heya
    I started the same thread...didn't know one already existed see
    I researched and looks seems none of dispensaries in the west carry a strain with a lvl of cbd higher than 1.6 cause none of em do a late harvest

15. Salmon Creek Big Bud apparently is too perfect on both thc and cbd, giggly, euphoric and good for sleep if this strain not a legend or a myth, dunno which

16. would not too much thc produce paranoia if over-smoked,

and freezer-dried hemp make one more dizzy?

From personal exp:smoke:

17. Yes. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J7cZf2tFCQ"]Watch this video[/ame] that shows a THC and CBD test.

18. CBN is a breakdown product of both CBD and THC.

you really dont have to be too picky about what strain you want to grow if your trying to go for cbn levels.

Why do you want CBN anyway? are you sure your not after CBD?