Pics/Specs of your Guitars (Bass Included)

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Extracurricular, Mar 25, 2008.

1. I searched "guitar" and all I found was 5 pages of guitar hero threads and "Do you play guitar?" threads. Well this is different. I guess I care if you play, but more so I'd like to see what you guys are sporting; I would like to see what you play. So heres mine.. Deluxe American Strat > Elixer Strings .010's.

Full Guitar; New pickguard, loving it.
    [​IMG]

Headstock; Nothing fancy, just the American Strat headstock.
    [​IMG]

Inlays; Abalone, thinking about switching to Black Dot.
    [​IMG]

Body; Controls, all stock. Paint is stock as well.
    [​IMG]

Neck; Skunk Stripe. American Strat necks are some of the finest, wouldn't change it if I got paid to do so.
    [​IMG]

Made in Corona, California. [And my Olympus FE230]
    [​IMG]

Tuning Hardware; Fender Locking Tuners, work amazingly. s#, etc.
    [​IMG]

And there you have it, that's my current baby. At the moment it plugs into a Line 6 Spider III via Horizon 10ft braided cable [black]. Can't go wrong with a strat. Now, post your guitars!

2. Can't go wrong with a strat, CAN go wrong with a ss line6 amp :p Get yerself a tube amp dude. If you can drop 800£ on a strat deluxe the least you can do is get an amp that'll make it sing.

I've already posted these pics before but:

[​IMG]
    Epiphone G400, Blackheart Little Giant, Marshall 1912 cab

[​IMG]
    Alvarez AD60S-12

I just bought a new guitar on ebay. Olympic white MIM strat with a maple MIA V neck and upgraded pickups. Can't wait for it to arrive :)

3. yeah i hear ya.. likin your 12, er, 11 string alvarez. :D & MIA neck, you wont be disappointed.

4. 1976 Gibson Les Paul Custom [Bartolini pickup in the bridge position]
    [​IMG]

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
    [​IMG]

2006 Fender Standard Stratocaster [not pictured: a Seymour Duncan Performer single coil-sized humbucker in the bridge], Dunlop Crybaby, Vox Pathfinder 10
    [​IMG]

Montana acoustic guitar
    [​IMG]

Line 6 Spider III, Vox Pathfinder 10, Dunlop Crybay, Digitech RP50, Marshall Reflector Reverb
    [​IMG]

5. nice nice, i used to have a gibson les paul studio, the olympic white with gold hardware version. i sold that to get my strat though. :[ and another line6s3. huzzah! and how do the compact humbuckers sound?

6. epiphone dot studio

[​IMG]

kinda wish I had just gotten separate acoustic and electrics. I bought a hollow body so I could play it as either. The neck is too thick for my hands, I'm always surprised on how much better I play with other people's guitars compared to my own.

7. yeah definitely going to agree with that. i have a POS alvarez that plays like a dream.

8. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    '97 Warwick Streamer Stage II w/ all Wenge neck, Afzelia body, and Yin-Yang inlays

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    '01 Warwick Thumb NT Ovangkol neck and Bubinga body

[​IMG]
    Ibanez SR 506

Warwick Thumb is soon to be sold though :( (i really need money and the Streamer is the best damn 4-string i've ever laid my hands on so it's gotta stay)

9. [​IMG]
    Marshall 2203ZW (I hate Zakk Wylde but his signature amp is better than the stock JCM800s) and a Gibson Les Paul. I channel Jimmy Page with this rig.

[​IMG]
    Dr. Z Stang Ray fitted with 2 x Celestion Alnico Blue speakers. Any amp you play after trying one of these will sound muddy as hell. This amp is based on vintage Vox AC-30 circuitry. The guitar is a Rickenbacker 330. I channel the Beatles with this rig.

[​IMG]
    The Fender setup: a Blues Junior amp with an American Standard Strat (left) and a Jag-Stang (right) tuned to open D and set to medium action for alternation between fretting and slide play.

[​IMG]

From Left to Right: Dunlop wah-wah, Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail, Ibanez Tubescreamer, Fulltone OCD, Boss Hyper-Fuzz, and the purple number on top is a KR Megavibe.

10. DUDE !!! please tell me that Rickenbacker is NOT just leaning against the amp ???/

11. I took it off the stand and set it against the amp to fit in the picture. I don't keep it there. :D

12. Heres my telecaster and my vox amp. Im planning on buying a MIA stratocaster or a Epiphone les paul standard soon.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Ooh seeing that '78 Tele with a humbucker in the bridge and a Floyd Rose makes me sad :(

Did you do that or did you get it that way?

14. i got it that way at a pawn shop for 300. its all i got for now until i get enough for a strat.:( btw its a kahler not a floyd rose.

15. I dont have any pictures of just my rig, i only have live shots.

First, Ibanez RG340 from 1989, gutted and re-stained. One EMG81 in the bridge.
    [​IMG]

Next, Gibson SG. my backup fiddle.
    [​IMG]

And finally my acoustic. Michael Kelly Trio Rose. i fucking loooooove the way it sounds!
    [​IMG]

16. my flying v. the first guitar i bought, had it for a few years, never selling it

Attached Files:

17. I got a 18 year old squier strat it was my first guitar, but i dont play it much anymore. I'm thinking about picking up bass....would u guys recommend an electic+acoustic bass? I love acoustic basses but I want to be able to jam thru an amp with my friends when I get better.

18. Nice man, i've wanted V for ages. If I ever get a custom guitar it'll be based off the Gibby V, but with a spalted maple top, a P90 and a piezo bridge (along with master vol, master tone and a blend) and gearless tuners like on the GotM:

[​IMG]

One day.. one day..

19. Look what arrived..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. diggin that strat highbinder. def what i was going for with mine. i may still change the inlays to black dot but its yet to be decided. great axe though.