Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dirty Bong = Dirty Health?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by GasganoFJ60, Jan 20, 2008.

1. #21 Stork370, May 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2015
    Nobody really seems to know about this subject, and doctors Ive spoken to have mixed responses.. I am a very lazy person, and have gone weeks maybe even longer than a month without changing the water. I have been smoking tobacco only out of a bong for almost 2 years, and hardly changing the water while doing this, and never cleaning the actual glass itself. My lungs have felt perfectly normal even when quitting for a week or two, to be honest.. And when I have smoked cigarettes my lungs have hurt much more especially when stopping.

I can't actually be sure whether or not dirty bong water is bad for you, in fact it may be /better/ for you.. When you smoke through mucky water, the resin will absorb a lot of what you are trying to smoke, and will work as a pseudo filter.. The only thing Ive had issues with is the rim (mouth opening) getting dirty, probably with bacteria over time, and causing a breakout in my skin around the mouth, though its basically just a zit and rarely occurs. When I clean the water and take a tobacco hit, my lungs are very painful after this, and its no secret that clean water doesn't filter that much.

As a final note, before any of you freak out, which im sure you will.. I am aware of how dangerous tobacco is in a water pipe, and am doing my best to stop as I suggest you do as well, before its too late

2. Wet resin can easily get moldy or get bacteria

3. I can't even begin to imagine how harsh a bong hit of tobacco is compared to a bong hit of green

4. Fuck that. I always use new water before each session. And I clean my bong with isoprophyl alcohol and salt about once a month.

5. #25 Lawlerskates, Jun 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2015
    Not true at all. My parents love their dirty bong. Here's a pic for reference
    [​IMG]

6. That's fucking gross dude

7. I have seen fungus growing in the water in a bong my brothers friend forgot in my bathroom closet for a month.  clean your tools guys!

8. Ugh...used to be lazy too. Had this bubbler I'd been smoking for weeks without changing the water, and one day I go to change the water and it was brown and actually had a bit of a thicker consistency to it it was so nasty. Ever since then, I try to change the water for each session but definitely at least once a day.