Great places to be homeless....

Discussion in 'General' started by durty nugget, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Anybody know of any cool places to live outside and camp for the summer? I stayed outside of Nederland in Colorado in the National Parks for some time. Also, I heard of people camping on beaches in Northern Cali....any ideas?

2. How about...get a job and don't be homeless?

My friend once said that Boston was a good homeless hangout though...

3. California-nia, really nice to the homeless.

/Cartman.

Don't mind me. :smoke:

4. homeless people blow get a job, hey why is this thread posted twice?

5. I'm thinking about moving someplace nice...living off the land...camping....WORKING...
    My intention is not to be a bum, but to find somewhere in this country where I don't have to pay for rent, housing, property taxes. I'd like to be in nature for a summer, and live someplace pretty. NOT to be a burden, or a sponge....jeez. I'm sure that someone understands what I'm talking about here...A couple of months in a tent, with a job, and I bet I could save up for a pad. Anyone every volunteered on an organic farm before. I also considered that as well.

6. Man, you could do that anywhere, provided the weather is right and the land provides. Just the other day I tripped shrooms in a decent sized (couple square miles) wooded area not too far from where I live. If I wanted to, I could take a sleeping bag and a camo tent out there and - as long as no one caught on - I could stay and feed myself off the land or on the cheap indefinitely.

Yes, some places are better than others, but isn't the great part about being homeless the ability to be wherever you want whenever you want?

7. sure you could do it anywhere, but some places are more accepting of this kind of thing...some places even allow it. Shit, I have done it before...and have some good ideas where to go. I was just trying to start conversation, and get some ideas from fellow "travellers"

8. sorry man thats not homeless, thats your choosing and your doing it on your own, thats cool, i have a cousin who does that he has a tent down by a stream, he drinks his beer smokes his herb, and gets a sleeping room in the winter

9. Not trying to be an argumentative little bitch, man - but if not having a home is not homelessness, then what is?
    <dl><dt class="hwrd">
    </dt><dt class="hwrd">

10. <DT class=hwrd> <DT class=hwrd>i agree...thats why i said homeless....

</DT></DL>

11. No worries man, that was directed to the buddha.

I'd say go for it. For the longest time I wanted to do this but my situation at home wasn't enough to justify such drastic steps in place of college. Some day I plan on doing it.

What I'm trying to say, though, is just do it. Get yourself all the supplies you'd need to survive and go find a good spot in the woods next to a river. California would be nice, Oregon would be nice, even Oklahoma would be nice, but anywhere will do. You could plan this forever but its not going to happen until you actually go through with it.

Heres a good website; www.roadjunky.com

Theres a ton of good info there and some great forums on vagabonding.

12. thanks for the website....i HAVE done this before. It was the best time of my life. I learned alot about myself, the world, and what is really important. I try to pick places that are very "green".....like humboldt county....boulder county....etc. Just checking to see if anyone had any more ideas....

13. <DT class=hwrd> <DT class=hwrd>why you callin me a lil bitch, what the fuck i do to you

</DT></DL>

14. nobody called you a bitch....reread what was written.

15. nice links, thank you for your input....

16. well if your into kids and cheap h, the Portland in the summer.

umm Mexico if you can get there, just becuase it may be cheaper...not sure tho.u might get buy like ventura, or another beach town in cali.... cant hitch hike to well tho.
    oregon is easy on homless and hitch hiking.

go to a place where you can hitch hike