How can I help you? Car issues anyone?

Discussion in 'General' started by italian stallion, Dec 28, 2007.

1. The age of the vehicle matters little the principal is the same. Your issue sounded more like a pulley noise. The idle pulley bearings go bad and make noise. Then they break. Since I can't be there to see for myself. I'm trying to keep you guys safe. If the worst case senerio is bad I'll recommend you have your car checked out.

Better safe than Sorry.:smoke:

2. thanksfor the help serg! +rep:D

3. Great service you are bringing to the community bro

quick question about my 96' Mustang V6

whenever it idles it tends to sputter and the car kinda jumps around, i assume it is the fuel injectors either being dirty or just malfunctioning. I hear it is a common problem but im trying to find an easy fix, maby an additive of some sorts?

Thanks for your help!
    -Mark

4. Now that I got the thinking, a website that offers your service may be a pretty lucrative business. Never seen a site like it but that would be pretty sweet. Somehow point out that when you actually go to a shop and get an estimate you are going to be hit with extra parts and things that you truly do not need.

Youy website should charge 5-10$ to quote a persons car troubles. If you cannot find an answer their money will be refunded.

-Mark

5. Thanks man< one thing every one can and should check is the throttle plate. That's where the air tube from the air filter connects. Pull of the tube and shine a flashlight into the hole and look for a black ring. That's carbon buildup and can cause numerous idleing issues. Get some carb cleaner and an old tooth brush and spray down the plate. You'll have to hold open the throttle plate in order to clean the ring away.

After your done cleaning the trottle plate put the hose back on and start the vehicle. Don't be alarmed if it spudders and may be hard starting after the cleaning. When it starts rev it up alittle and that will get rid of the carbon in the motor. The more smoke you see on start up = carbon you had gumming up the works.

If you or anyone is handy this is an awsome 5 minute thing to do and it will save you cash. Your gasmileage will get better too.

6. Too much like work. Haha Thanks for the props.:smoking:

7. i have a 2002 chrysler sebring with about 120k on it
    when i start it and put it into reverse it mades a loud as fuck kinda rumbling noise, it like shakes the whole car, kinda sounds like some sort of belt is rubbing or like the motor mounts or loose. it does it too when the car is in idle in drive. but it stop doing it once the engine is at running tempurature.
    the check engine light is on, but it's been on for about 3 years , and i've had that looked at and they said its just an electrical thing.
    any ideas?

8. my car (2001 4runner) sometimes makes this wierd screeching noise only when the air is on and to make it stop i either turn the air off or let go of the gas

9. fan/alternator belt, at least that was what it was for me.. bloody cheap to buy a new belt if its that, and fairly easy to fit yourself

10. so i have one of ^^^these right, well just recently (about 6 months ago) i had the clutch pedal and clutch resevoir replaced, then like 2 weeks later i had the rear brakes done, cost like 900 bucks.

whats happening now is that when im at a red light and im sitting there for like 2 minutes, the pressure on the brake pedal goes down. i can make it go myself if i dont press so hard. like keep some pressure on the pedal but not as hard as i can. then i can actually feel the pressure get bad, and the pedal gets closer and closer to the floor.

then when it hits the floor the brake light goes on, but then when i take off the pedal and press again, the pressure comes back and i feel a slight click in the pedal and the light goes off.

i dont have a real problem with stopping but i try not to brake too hard when i get to a light.

also, my shit is squeeking, only when i am pressing the gas tho. like when i rev to start moving. but when i switch gears i can hear the squeaking slow a bit then speed up as the RPMs go up.

i know im long over due for an oil change and i was gonna do that in 2 weeks when i get my paycheck.

so can you tell me what i am looking at as in prices and if i could possibly do something myself, like the squeaking thing. hopefully its just a belt.

thanks a lot

11. If your feeling it and hearing it it may be a motor mount. sounds like the engine is skipping. If the engine is skipping and you have a worn out motor mount you'll feel it even more. Have the engine running thing checked out first.

12. sounds like your a/c compressor in making noise. If its a metal sounding noise the compressor clutch is going bad.If it's a screeching noise it could be a belt.

13. Mustang GT 2004.. no check lights on.

I haven't changed oil in a while .. need to do that its on 46k miles now :(

14. Sound like your brake master cyl. is leaking internally. That's the pedal issue going to the floor.

The squeeking sounds like your wear indicators on your brake pads are rubbing the rotor. If the noise goes away when you put your foot on the brake that's what it is. If not it sounds wheel related. Maybe rust on the rotors?

Brakes are inportant and most garages will check them at no charge during an oil change.

CHANGE YOUR OIL PEOPLE!!!:smoking:

15. If you have a six cyl. mustang your noise and your starting issue might be the same thing. Those vehicle have faulty Cam shaft position sensors that make a chirping noise from the engine. If that's the case it may not start and it will break down sometime. Have the sycro replaced with the sensor if thats the issue.

You may want to have your fuel filter replaced soon too.

16. Nah man GT = v8 I don't mess with pussy shit. lol

17. ok, so i have a 1975 chevy single cab custom deluxe pickup and its got a bad tranny, screeching starter, the two front tires are flat and the motor is in pieces in my friends garage:eek: actually i pulled the motor a couple weeks ago cause i was doing some pseudo-donuts in my horse pasture and suddenly my tranny went out and lost all power

got any ideas? i think its just the torque conveter and so does my friends dad who builds drag racing boats

so me and my neighbor pulled the crate motor out to replace all the gaskets and check valve clearances. But the real real reason is to get the tranny looked at by a transmision shop probably get a new torque converter, re-wire and start turning this thing into the 4x4 its destine to be

i will get my pics of it up soon, but i dont have the camera with me now

:smoking:just my blazed 2cents

and heres a video
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=h0VjxgunJSA

18. Good for you. Haha. Remeber this when a vahicle does not start it's missing one of the three things it needs to start: Fuel, Spark and compression. So in your case when the engine won't start it's prolly missing fuel or spark??? You need to find out which one.

No starting unless it's common for a Year make and model are tuff on the computer. Have that thing checked out.

19. A vehicle that old you should be able to find a used tranny pretty cheap. Sounds like an internal issue. Even if it is the torque convertor you will still want to replace the tranny. Porblem is when the torque convertor go they send crap into the tranny. Put a new convertor on it and it will happen again.

20. Did you get this vehicle checked out? Sounded dangerous.