40% bigger buds

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by alprazolam, Dec 24, 2007.

1. I have induced stress to my plants before by slicing vertically the main stem and creating a gap kept open by a small pebble.It completly healed over and made a large knuckle,on the stem.The buds were noticebly more sticky and dank,on this one compared to it sisters.I think i got the idea from the mj growers guide/bible but cant remember it was over 10 years ago.I plan to do some more experimenting in the future will post results. btw FUCK GRAMMAR ha

2. How far in advance before harvest should you try a stress technique?

3. #23 MINGLED, Mar 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2011
    tell him that he's confused his plants with his penis.

30-40%. in one week. uhhhh yeah right....

this is an old thread obviously, just don't want other people trusting those crazy asian's giving growing tips :)

4. im new here and just tryin to learn so id like to keep up with how this works for ya

5. [quote name='"alprazolam"']Some crazy asian said if you stress the plants to the point where they think they are going to die like a week before you harvest the buds will be 30-40% bigger

His theroy everything in nature is hardwired to protect their young. Or future offspring. Or genetics. Or something idk im pretty high. So when the plant senses its dying because of the stress sends all of its energy into the buds.

I dont really know know.[/quote]

Kinda like super cropping

6. hahahaa Never this is just plain stupid trying to stress a plant anytime during its life
    Stress = less yield , when in flower you stress your plant it goes into repairmode thus taking away from bud production yes plants hormones change
    I also read that either soaking root system hahaha another stupid thing to do soaking roots only deprives plants roots its 02 needed to break down minerals
    then Letting soil completly dry this also is not good again stresses plants
    hahahaa

You want 40 percent more Yield run c02 keep plant green and healthy throught its life right up to harvest and you will see smoking Yields :hello:

7. your not going to get 30-40% yield increase from ANYTHING.

running Co2 wont even get you that type of increase

dont let people blow smoke up your ass

8. Tested doesnt work Girdling/Banding Experiment - Page 4 - GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum

9. i beg to differ C02 will increase yields 20 - 40 percent very easily
    heres my grow 4 plant scrog 3000 watts C02 enriched half way done day 28 from flipping can i say 4 - 5 pound yield ???

Attached Files:

10. id say most of that weight comes from the 3000w your running, your scrog set up and possibly the strain/genetics.....

dont take all this as me being a dick either, thats not my intention.

im sure the Co2 contributed to that a little bit......... but 20-40%?

id say maybe 10-15%, which is still pretty good. any increase is good

if Co2 worked that well (20-40% increases), im sure everyone and that mom would use it

11. #31 Majesticseed, Mar 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2012
    Marijuana plants breathe what we exhale, and marijuana plants love CO2 because it fuels photosynthesis for faster growth and bigger yields. When you add CO2 to your marijuana hydroponics grow room, you greatly increase your return on investment.

Ambient CO2 concentration is 300-400 parts per million (ppm), but be aware that many cities such as Phoenix, Los Angeles, and Denver often have intermittent “CO2 domes” floating on top of them that add CO2 and other air pollutants to your urban air. Check with your local air quality agencies about that. Urban air pollution is a killer.

Inside your marijuana grow room you can add CO2 to increase concentrations to 1000-1500 ppm so your plants grow about 25% faster in grow phase and produce 10-35% more harvest weight.

It is a matter of opinion, but many believe that added CO2 also helps your marijuana plants produce more THC.

Extra CO2 in your hydroponics room enables your plants to handle more heat. With ambient levels of CO2 in the regular range, you keep your hydroponics room temperature at 70-74F. But when you’ve added CO2 to create 1000-1500 ppm , your cannabis plants tolerate temperatures as high as 85F.

When you increase CO2 concentrations in your grow room air, you also have to feed your marijuana plants more hydroponics nutrients, more light, and more water. If you don’t give them more food, water and light, the extra CO2 may hurt your plants instead of help them.

You can use dry ice, fermentation, and a variety of contraptions to add CO2. Dry ice and fermentation are cheap and simple, but you can’t precisely control how much CO2 they produce.

Serious marijuana growers use hydroponics devices that distribute CO2 from tanks or produce CO2 by burning propane or natural gas. Distributing from tanks requires using the proper regulator to control output, but even then you may have a hard time getting precise levels. It’s important to have precision control over CO2 levels because too much CO2 (above 1500 ppm) can damage your plants.

Tank CO2 costs a lot and the tanks weigh quite a bit. You create security risks just to procure and get refills of CO2 tanks. That’s why most marijuana growers choose CO2 generators that burn propane or natural gas. If your grow site is already connected to municipal natural gas, you may be able to adapt your device to feed off the municipal supply. Or you may have to buy tanks of propane or natural gas. Consider the security and logistics of how you will source propane or natural gas before you invest in a CO2 generator.
    so you ask everyone would use it c02 setups are expensive probably 60 percent of the growers are growing on a budget , cfl, growers, you name it could very well be scared of it as C02 will kill you
    the other 40 percent of growers are most likely veterans growing for many years dialing in there room how many grows you know of if you fart in it it will detect it ????

12. hi
    I am realy interested in this method and others variables. You can post more information please?

13. I see what hes saying. But I dont think that it will make bigger buds...more maybe, and that maybe is coming from the thought that IF IT DID DO ANYTHING. I prune/fim(m) mine. And it makes sense. Trim whatever will take away from your target. I just dont trim to much. A good hand full of what looks like 2g nugs vs a bunch of 0.5-1g nugs is what I go for. And ive had a few with some stragglers but thats cause I havent perfected this fimming technique

14. hi i know this is random but new to this website, just seen this message box but how do i ask my own question ?

15. #35 EMERALDRECTANGL, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2013
    I do a light deprivation for my plants. The last 3 days of the life cycle I turn the lights off completely. I have never noticed an increase in yield but I HAVE definitely noticed an increase in oils. I was taught this by an old school farmer in Santa Cruz that had been growing for decades. It induces a stress response that will make your nuggz stickier than they could be without the dark cycle. 72 hours is enough time to induce the response without degrading the quality of your product.

16. So on the last 3 days just leave them in complete drake?

17. I defoliated these plants many times in veg then let them go till the third week of flower and did a half defoliation this is them week 8 SAM_7697 - Marijuana Pictures, Photos & Videos - Grasscity.com Media Gallery

SAM_7708 - Marijuana Pictures, Photos & Videos - Grasscity.com Media Gallery

SAM_7691 - Marijuana Pictures, Photos & Videos - Grasscity.com Media Gallery

This is them the first time I defoliated them then let them grow back strong before doing it again and give them till week three flower before doing again only removing half

20120915_120531 - Marijuana Pictures, Photos & Videos - Grasscity.com Media Gallery

18. Not even close, have you ever seen a 5 pounder.

PW

19. Ive tryed scrog, lollypoping, and super cropping with good results but have also had good results just leaving them alone but for the most part i atribute my good yeilds to good nutes. I used to use the cheap stuff and i would get 1-2oz or so.. now i get at least 3-4 oz. I swear by them.

20. If you want to stress your plants, just tell them stories about the drug war.