Most influential and moving pictures of all time...

Discussion in 'General' started by fvaambush, Dec 19, 2007.

1. to the person who posted "a woman crying as she's forced to hail hitler"

chances are she wasnt crying because she was hailing hitler, hitler wouldnt have gotten into power if the germans didnt agree with him.. it is most likely that that picture is simply propoganda to make the german army seem like a tyranny that the german people hated... remember, ur U.S. history books are heavily BIASED to make our enemies through history seem as though they were doing horribly wrong

and since someones gonna bringup the holocaust... auschwitz had a theatre and a swimming pool... seems like an obvious death camp to me

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2Y_zdhH6dEo

of course he later changed his views after numerous death threats from jewish figures, but he points the shit out in his origional video documentary

2. lol are you seriously going to try to argue that auschwitz wasn't an extermination camp?

3. Thanks, I was actually surprised at how few pictures were posted :(, I would of expected more from GC :eek:

It was horrible events like those that shape the world as it is today. It's how history works, and photos like these depict very "moving" events in our past. A lot of them showing what people went through and how lucky a lot of us today have it, and for that they are very "influential", especially to me personally.

I posted that, and I really wouldn't doubt it. Chances are if she hadn't hailed Hitler, she would be killed. A dictator and his army running your country, killing your friends and neighbors. I would say it's a good bet she is not willingly hailing him.

German people aren't hated at all for what happened. What would be the point in that? Nazi's aren't allowed in Germany, they would be put in jail or killed. Also, Germany is an American allie (sp?)...

If you are actually trying to say Auschwitz wasn't a death camp, you've got something else coming to you :)

4. Yeah, people act too hard on the nazi's :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

^baby hitler

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Your right the holocaust is greatly over rated. Not to many people were killed. The extermination camps were really white collar country clubs and oh yea, all Germans were nazis that proudly supported hitler....:rolleyes:

Thats the dumbest shit I've heard.

After watching that beautiful video attached I've decided to write the following to you: I've been to the museum of tolerance(a sight documenting the holocaust in Los Angeles, CA), I've seen the tattoos marking the inmates of Auschwitz. Have you talked to a survivor? I have. Do you know any Nazis? I do. My grandfather was a Nazi. Did he want to be? NO! Many Germans didn't support Hitler privately but they had to publicly. I've heard the stories I've seen real photographic evidence. The director of that film makes decent points that can be shot down easily. The theater, could have been used by the Germans to make Jews create plays for their own entertainment. The pool could have been used to let the guards relax. See I can make up bullshit too. The "gas chambers" he speaks of used to clean the clothes and mattresses is a great idea. If you have sick workers at Auschwitz how will they preform well? You have sick workers then it will take longer to complete your projects. How do you explain the thousands of images depicting starving women and children? Were they faked too? The nazis treated the jews, gypsies, gays, blacks etc all the same like shit.

Knock some sense into yourself.

6. the starving women and children pictures were most likely taken towards the end of the war, when the german supply lines were cut and what food they had was given to the nazi soldiers and german people, cant be stuffin POW's when you barely have enough food to support your own people

you can believe your american history book propoganda if you want, but i think the shits way exaggerated.

7. Benito Mussolini

[​IMG]

"We shall turn the Mediterranean into an Italian lake!"
    silly fascists.

8. Negligent-
    You have your views and I have mine, and completely respect that.

That being said I think you can argue that the US History books exaggerate but when it comes to the holocaust just look at the number of people killed by the Nazis. The numbers don't lie. Also I would be shocked if a Holocaust survivor were to say that the stories told in the U.S. about the Holocaust were exaggerated, and since they have first hand experience I'll take their word on it.

9. Armenian Genocide

[​IMG]

10. Notice how he ignores everything else you said Rythm? :rolleyes:

11. I believe the truth and you would understand my point if you could read more than just once sentence. Explain the other points in my first statement and lets have an adult conversation about this. I'm really confused how you think the holocaust was a "good time." I watched your videos now you watch mine.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pkgaq_9UpHI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pkgaq_9UpHI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YO_XMBWXI3w&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YO_XMBWXI3w&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

HAHA It's like everything I said makes his statement sound uninformed and he was too scared to man up and response to an intelligent statement.

12. This whole holocaust denial thing has gotten me pretty fucking angry, you know if you went to germany and you started your little rant they'd throw you in jail? You know the phrase history repeats itselff? THATS WHY WE LEARN HISTORY TO LEARN FROM OUR MISTAKES NOW STOP BEING A DUMBASS AND LEARN. I had family that i personally lost in the holocaust. You need to shut the fuck up and slow your role bud.

13. Take it easy bro. Theres ways of calling bullshit on the man without resorting to negative words. Bust out the facts and let him counter. Eventually the youtube bullshit he uses as a factual basis will become null and void. Edit your last statement and think about this maturely.

14. I have a brother who did a 12 month Tour in Iraq and those Army pictures got me really shook

It's a good thing he came home unharmed but still suffers from a couple "shell shock" habits..he say's he would never wish War on anyone after going through what he has and what he's seen

You people need to calm the fuck down..god damn

15. Killing because of killing is never the answer. You perpetuate a vicious cycle.

@ The Holocaust exaggeration thing, sure, it was exaggerated, but not very much. Find something in history that WASN'T exaggerated and I owe you a cookie. And before you smile smugly and think you are right, look up the definition of exaggeration. Even 9/11 was exaggerated by the media, because of the points the chose to emphasize (the terrible ones) and the ones they chose to ignore (the people who survived). Think about the pics of 9/11, which are the most popular? The ones of people jumping out of buildings. The media was, is, and evermore shall be sensationalist to the core. Sensationalism sells. That isn't to say the events weren't terrible, they were; just saying that the media has a way of making a terrible thing seem even worse, as though it were necessary.

@ Chronik Judge, please chill out man. Arguing with someone about an event that both of you are equally fucking ignorant about is stupid. Neither of you were their, neither of you know the truth, so all you are really arguing about is which 3rd party source you chose to believe, which is pretty silly.

16. ChronicKing302 - "Seeing the pictures of the Holocaust just make me so pissed off. Those fucking bastards. I'd kill 'em with my own fucking hands if I was around back then. Fuck em all."

That is an ignorant statement that I hope you retract. There were people that fought for the Nazi's yet they did not want to be there. They were forced. Would you kill them too? What do you expect them to do defy orders and be executed on spot? Not all the military personal were Anti-Semetic, hated blacks, gays, gypsies etc. They fought because their lives depended on it.

17. I don't even know your homies but those last two imgs. definitely got me a little choked up. Pictures are indeed powerful.