Hermie Pics

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mystic, Dec 8, 2007.

1. This plant was 4 weeks into flower and was one of the strongest looking plants in my closet...and unfortunately...

Well, I've attached some pics for you all to see the sad sad news......I'm so upset...however, I just ran out of my middies that i picked up a few weeks ago yesterday...so maybe it was meant to be...because I was thinking of calling some old friends that I don't really want to be around. Strange how things happen sometimes, huh?

Anyhow...here's the pics.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mabye im missing something, but what am i looking for in these pics... they look like nice buds to me (untrained eye)

3. im taking a guess... and i may be wrong... but a hermie is both male/female sooooo unsmokeable... right? so yea that would explain his sadness... sorry man

4. hermie is smokeable.. just take out the seeds dur

5. hermies are just nug producing plants except you get seeds in the herb

6. That's no hermie, fool. They're not balls. They's seedpods swollen with resin.

7. last pic down, those look like nanners.Sorry mate you got a crossdresser.

8. Umm....no.

9. Am I glad that I posted these pics, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but some of you cats have no clue what you are talking about...and these pics can be a lessoned learned, so you'll know what to look for in your plants. This is the first time I've ever seen it in person and am I glad that I'm a freak and look over my plants frequently, my better half says too frequently, she's says I cheat on her with my plants...LOL anyhow...

llama - Bro, look at the last two pics...those are nanners for sure...right in the middle...little yellower than the rest of the bud.... If I was to pinch one of those nanners, millions of microscopic "spermies"...aka pollen would be in the air. I showed my old lady what it looks like and it almost look like the dust from a moth when you squish one. Honestly though, if you have an untrained eye before you read this...now you have a trained eye and know what to look for.

KingsCounty86 - Unfortunately man, you are completely wrong....in one sense. Yes a hermie is male and female parts...but is most definitely smokable. Here's the deal...IF i wouldn't have seen this and those pods would have opened up and burst, I would have had a whole closet of seeded buds...even still it would have been smokeable, just "schwag" per se.

ziNgerfoR2o - luckily I found these before it had time to pollinate and make seeds, but if I would have let it go another day or so, AND wouldn't have noticed and let the plant finish, then you are correct, i would have had to get the seeds out. Because I found it so early, NOT a single seed...just too early of a harvest, so the potency won't be there...although I did sample last night and this morning and although the high doesn't last long...it's nice.

apathy951 - Not correct bro. Seeded buds can come from hermie plants, but most are female plants that were pollinated by a male that wasn't pulled early enough...or purposely pollinated...or field buds...aka grown outdoors with no regard to male or female.

OldPork - Nothing nastier than sour OldPork...especially considering most pigs are pretty dumb...no offense bro, but you have no clue what you are talking about...look at the pics again...the seed pods have nanners popping out of them. Correct there are some swollen ones in the pic, but look at the center at those yellow things...that look like bananas...you know that fruit that kids love, that you buy in bunches...they look like this:

[​IMG]

StarGatherer - FINALLY! You are correct sir. Thanks for helping educated the noobs. Hell, I'm still a noob myself, so this is a lesson for me too.

toastybiz - Thanks for the stop in brother....question, because you or someone you know might know the answer to this...IF i use the pollen from this plant and pollinate a female...is THAT techincally feminized seeds then???

smalltimetoker - I know, it sucks!

10. Here is a nugget shot of Bag Seed 1...Not bad for a hermie!!!
    [​IMG]

11. ummm listen to toastybiz he knows what he's talking about.