Hydro Shrooms

Discussion in 'General' started by ridronthestrm1, Dec 6, 2007.

1. well the water could be kept sterile with hydrogen peroxide.. and by keeping it cold you prevent any contams from birthing in it.. the only problem ud encounter, is standing water invites contams.. so the water the shrooms were sitting in, would need to be constantly moving.. perhaps just some type of motor constantly circulating the water.

You can ask me some questions..

2. I need something that will grow shrooms harvest, after harvest. Like a continual set up... I don't mind spending a little extra but not a shit ton. What should I aim for and where to get it. A place with descrete shipping would be cool ;) Thanks bro.... Also any links to things I have to do to take care of them.

3. Just wondering do ya mean fresh or dry shrooms?

4. http://www.shroomery.org/ Get started with some reading from that magnificent source.

5. how would you support the mycelium network, what would you feed it?

6. Dried, they weren't the strongest I've had, but still quite potent.

7. This site sells terrariums and kits http://www.mushbox.com/mushroom-kits.html

8. you would still need a substrate colonized first, that will house your "mycelium network".. the casing would be literally floating in the water.. meaing the substrate would have a constant water source.

im just saying it is possible.. i havent tried it yet or worked out all the details..

AutoRock- check out Mycotopia.net .. mycotopia pwns the shroomery for information..

also, I have a picture of my automated greenhouse in my gallery.

EDIT- and dont waste ur money on mushroom kits, you can get the materials much cheaper at a hardware store or walmart.

9. Interesting, do you think you would be able to make a cake fruit longer this way?

I agree, but if your lazy. :p

10. Well you would also have to have a way to replenish the casing layer for nutrients.. but yeah, it would definetely have substantially larger fruits and more more flushes.

11. 1/4 of homegrown mushies would have you FLYIN ... field shrooms are a lot less potent.

12. sounds too complicated though, my fish tank gets the job done, lol.

13. depends on what fields you are picking your mishies from ;)

S. America has some beautiful wild mushies that are amazingly potent.

14. yeah i agree.. itd be very hard to do.. but someone with a lot more experience than me might be tempted to try it.

im just getting into cloning right now.. thats kinda my project for 2008.

did you check out my greenhouse in my gallery?

15. um must get some shitty shrooms if u need 7g. 4g and some brains will give u a trip to the depths of hell and the hieghts of heaven

16. Werd, I was just speaking from having field mushies from random fields in Texas before - usually had to eat at least an 1/8th of those to trip and the trip wouldn't even be that intense:( Had to eat a whole quarter if you wanted to leave reality:cool:

17. Oh yeah, youd have to dry them still.. mushies are 90% water.. if you just pick them and eat them fresh youd have to eat a lot more to trip.

18. yeah I did, what do you useually grow, whats has been your fav variety?

I've tried the pf and b+ ones, I've been wanting to try some different strains though, was looking at some info on some Panaeolus Cyanescens because it's suppose to be like 5x as potent as Cubensis.

19. yeah I havent played with cyans at all yet.. maybe somewhere down the road.

I really like Brazilian's and Hawaiian's... I have some Golden Teacher now that are fruiting pretty nicely for me.

20. How long have you been at it for?