Beginners First Grow - Balcony in Pakistan

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Aliph, Oct 29, 2007.

1. i dont see any mg deficiency. try upping nitrogen for fading lower leaves.
    The CFLs can be at touching distance from the leaves. they wont burn (always keep a fan on the plants).
    aluminum foil....i used regular tape.

i would flower ur plants when they reach a height of 2 feet to keep max height 3-5ft. (youll get a good yield thatway)
    id say you have 1 to 1.5 months of veg left to go.

enjoy

2. those spots on a couple of your leaves COULD be mg or ca deficiency.
    the fading and yellowing of lower leaves is nitrogen.
    you shouldve been adding ferts by now.

3. Problem with the larger plant is getting worse. Bottom leaves are turning yellow and top leaves are starting to curl and turn dark green. I'm adding ferts and upping the amount till I see some response from the lant, but so far it hasnt responded. I've got this 20-20-20 fert from Growmore which I added one tablespoon of to 1.5 liters of water and watered the affected plant. I'm gonna go to get those epsom salts from Kausar and add them to see if it helps. How much did you add?

4. 1 teaspoon/1.5 liter of fert is alot. i think a teaspoon gives you about 4-5 grams.
    you should dilute a teaspoon to 1 gallon of water (3.7 liters)
    if this is fert burn (from your soil) you might have compounded the problem.

you should see how your plant reacts before flushing.
    if it gets worse, be prepared to flush.

epsom..add 1g/liter. ferts also 1g/L. this is the way i do it (varies by fert strength, ofcourse)

5. I've got the new indoor grow room set up. The Sensi Star is growing very well. The larger one is from the combo pack and thats the one that is having problems. I've attached several pics to show you what I'm talking about. I didnt think its fert burn because the leaves aren't showing that burnt look. The symptoms seem more to be related to a lack of certain nutrients as opposed to fert burn. I checked the ph and its about 6.2ish. Epsom would give me the Mg I need, but what do I do for Calcium? Also, this growmore stuff didn't do a thing to help the plant, I would've thought that it would give some of the nutrients needed.

Attached Files:

6. In agriculture and gardening, magnesium sulfate is used to correct magnesium deficiency in soil (magnesium is an essential element in the chlorophyll molecule). It is most commonly applied to potted plants, or to magnesium-hungry crops, such as potatoes, roses, tomatoes, and peppers. The advantage of magnesium sulfate over other magnesium soil amendments (such as dolomitic lime) is its high solubility.

7. The plant isn't responding to treatment. I've added approx 1 gram of Epsom salt to 1 liter of water and watered it as well as fed it through a spray/mist. Did that this morning. Leaves have all kinds of indications on them but I can't seem to make out what the trouble is. Its not fert burn and I can't figure out what it is. Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

8. Totally correct thing to do. The most successful grows done are those that the grower says nothing about, never advertises or boasts about.

The First problem with some people is that the flap of skin that they refer to as a mouth often springs into action over "Knowing" something that others don't. Even your best & long time friends are prone to this phenomena which its actual "Psychological" reference evades me, the term "Gushing" is what best describes it.

But it is very wise to keep it quiet.

9. Liquid measurement... 1g of water = 1ml, so 500mls of water (50CL) is half a kilo...

1 Imperial gallon = 4.546 Liter
    1 US Gallon is = 3.785 Liter

SO BE CAREFUL when measuring.

if the fert mix to water is 5ml then an 8% to 9% mix is what your looking at, when using US measurements, they are 20% less so a mix of 4ml is what your looking at.

Water... is is chlorinated by the water company? if so, you will need to draw water and allow it to stand for at least 24 hours for the chlorine to evaporate out the water. This is a problem where I live as the water company deliberately pump extra chlorine into the water which is why the water tastes like its come out of a swimming pool.

Too much food/feed in the water can actually burn the roots, roots should be a nice white colour and where too much nitrogen feed is added, the roots look a brown or yellow colour and will often be very short and small in size compared to a plant that is grown without feed.

You should not rule out parasites in the soil either, if you have something that you can take a soil core with, examine the soil for signs of little bugs.

THEN! Don't forget that if you have packed the grow medium down the roots can't develop as quickly as a lose packed pot AND pot drainage, people have various ideas on drainage, some put a large stone in the bottom and other put chunky gravel and other make up a perlite medium to grow in.

Finally, it could be the plant is not happy with its location, daft as it sounds, if its too cold it will show in the leaf.

10. This plant was moved from outdoors to indoors a few weeks back. It didnt have this problem at that time.

I've checked the soil and actually treated it very thoroughly before using so I doubt it is parasites or bugs in the soil. Its not fert burn because the leaves are not showing that burnt look on the tips. I keep the water standing in an open bucket for several days before using so thats not it either.

I guess one thing left to do is flush the soil and see what happens. The other alternative is to move it back outdoors and see if it improves. Any suggestions?

11. that deformed growth is worrying. 2 possibilities in my opinion.

those spots and deformed growth are a pretty good indicator for Mg or Ca. (think we went through this earlier)

the epsom salt should help. give it some time.
    and get yourself some gypsum salt and add 1 gram/L. (dont if u have lime in your soil)
    ive been using calcium carbonate tablets (gypsums a better way to go)

and check pH.

just water as normal. the plant will survive. doesnt look like it could be fatal. is it getting worse over time?
    ferts at low strength.
    i think just a good fert with micronutrients would help.

The other possibility would be macro nutrient toxcicity. You have organic ferts in there, right?

trial and error man, you know your soil mix best. try out each of the above nutrients and see how she reacts. or flush/transplant if it turns out to be toxcicity, especially if it gets worse.

12. put it back where it was happy.

13. I'll try to get gypsum salts from Kausar and if they don't have that I'll get the calcium carbonate and see how that works. If both those fail, the plant will go back outdoors for a few days. If that fails, then I flush the soil and see how that goes. I have organic ferts i.e. buffalo manure, wood ash, top soils, tony amounts of bone meal and fish meal. so I thought that it wouldn't have required ferts or other additions. Lets see...I'll take these steps and hope the plant gets better.

14. did you get gypsum? im gonna take a trip there today.
    they didnt have any when i visited last month.
    will order some.

hows ur grow progressing?

15. managed to get flowering fert.
    lotias has miracle grow 15-30-15

what happened to u? you get busted or something?

16. You suck at growing. Why make your stupid grow so complicated if you have no idea how to make a good organic mix. Just use some soiless mix with perlite, and feed the plant with floragro or something and follow the directions, its not that fucking hard you morons. ITS A PLANT. Stop with the madness you retards, you shouldnt have to be adding all that shit to your plants then flush them. your an idiot

17. @ Kottonspore,Damn it Man what a negative dick you are.I just went back through your past posts and almost all of them are obnoxious negative crap.I don't see anything from you showing you even know enough to give anyone advise,let alone knock someone thats actually trying to learn.Grow up. -Rep

18. -rep kottonfuk

Go stuff your soil up your ass...

19. even tho that kotton kids bein a dick; he has a point... try 2 find some organic potting soil, or any potting soil without added nuets... now it sounded like u flushed the soil after u blended all of ur ingreedients... u prolly needed 2 flush it a couple times more with water before planting seeds in it... cuz manure usually is High in shit you dont need (at such a young age) for the plant... but either way- mad props for tryna grow in the middle east....

shit i hope u just harvest somehting this time; and just progress with the wisdom u've gained from this experience. one day u'll have some high times centerfold nuggets :smoking: