How to make your own cannabis blunt wraps

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Humboldtbuddha, Jul 25, 2007.

1. How many times have you said ..." man I wish i had a blunt wrap made from good old , no flavoring , just all cannabis wrap " ?
    Well now you can make your own ........
    MATERIALS
    - wooden frame
    - sieve with holes of about 1 mm (available in a hardware store)
    - Formica sheets
    - rectangular bowl/container large enough to fit the frame
    - mortar with pestle
    - jug
    - hairdryer
    - good dry leaf matter
    - buds (optional)
    - flat sponge
    - water

step 1 . With wooden boards, make a frame like that of picture frame size of wrap you want ( add a little for lose in removal from frame work ... say 1/4 inch per side..). Mount the sieve underneath, with strips of wood and nails enclosing it thus making what will look like a small wood window screen..

step 2 .- soak some of the dry leaf in water (it's better if you let it to set for a day or two);
    - squeeze out the excess water;
    - with the mortar and pestle, crush a little bit of leaf at a time until you get a homogeneous paste, consisting of fibers isolated from each other (figure 5);
    - repeat this until you have enough paste;
    - fill the bowl halfway with water;
    - put the leaf paste in the bowl and stir it to separate the fibers;
    - remove any resulting clumps (a dense suspension of fibers must remain in the water);
    - immerse the frame in the watery suspension in the bowl (the sieve should be facing the bottom of the bowl);
    - slowly remove the frame from the suspension keeping it steadily horizontal; eventually move the frame to even out the layer of fibers - wait for the water to drain

step 3 . - place the smooth side of a sheet of Formica on top of the wrap still soaked with water;
    - press on the Formica a little to drain the water, taking care not to deform the sieve - with a sponge, collect water from underneath and squeeze it away every so often;
    - carefully remove the sheet of Formica so that the wrap remains attached to it - let the sheet of paper dry. To do this more quickly, you can dry it with a hairdryer

So thats it let it dry wrap it up and think of me ... lol

2. wow, that crafty shit.

3. pics would make this post sticky worthy

4. Yeah man, I agree with Tumble.

5. Yea pics would be great. I understood but some things were a little unclear.

+rep for the great post though

6. if you could clarify some parts and add pics this would definitley be a STICKY imho.

+rep for the awesome idea.

7. this would be a great sticky, please add some pics, i understood most parts but still need more.

8. Seems like a cool idea.

I've got a guide on how to roll your own cannabis cigars.

It involves wrapping the leaves around a thai stick, then soaking the whole thing in hash oil. Then wrap again and soak again.

9. Making Paper

Simple Recipe:
    Sponge
    pantyhose
    Wood Frame (old picture frame can be used too) size of a blunt wrap
    Plastic Basin/Tub (Large enough to totally immerse frame)
    Blender/Food Processor (For making hemp pulp)
    White Felt or Flannel Fabric
    Staples or Tacks (For tacking screen on frame)

Most important, hemp material. Hemp contains two types of fibers, vegetative fibers like leaves and stems(we won't use stems here) and then they have the fiber from their dense stickybudz. You can use straight leaves or you can make straight bud paper. Or you can make a hybrid paper and get benefits from both different types. You want to use at least 10% bud in any paper for some natural gluey properties.

Instructions:
    1. Prepare your hemp by soaking it in warm water for a few minutes to maybe overnight if you wish.
    2. Squeeze out excess water and place hemp into the blender. (about half full). Fill the blender with warm water. Run the blender slowly at first then increase the speed until the pulp looks smooth and well blended. ( 30 -40 seconds) Check that no flakes of plant material remain. If there are, blend longer.
    3. The next step is to make a mold. The mold, in this case, is made simply by stretching pantyhose over a wooden frame and stapling it. It should be taught but not so tight as to make the openings in the fibers too large. We are going to have a thinner paste solution than normal in our basin as we are making smoking paper.
    4. Fill the basin about half way with water. Add pulp. (the more pulp you add the thicker the finished paper will be, if you want a heavy blunt wrap make your mix thick, if you want a lighter joint paper make it thinner) Stir the mixture.
    5. Place the mold into the pulp and then level it out while it is submerged. Gently wiggle it side-to-side until the pulp on top of the screen looks even.
    6. Slowly lift the mold up until it is above the level of the water. Wait until most of the water has drained from the new paper sheet. If the paper is very thick, remove some pulp from the tub. If it is too thin, add more pulp and stir the mixture again.
    7. When the mold stops dripping, gently place one edge on the side of a fabric square (felt or flannel square). Gently ease the mold down flat, with the paper directly on the fabric. Use a sponge to press out as much water as possible. Wring the excess water from the sponge back into the large plastic tub.
    8. Now comes the tricky part. Hold the fabric square flat and slowly lift the edge of the mold. The wet sheet of paper should remain on the fabric. If it sticks to the mold, you may have pulled to fast or not pressed out enough water. It takes a little practice. You can gently press out any bubbles and loose edges at this point.
    9. Repeat the steps above, and stack the fabric squares on a cookie sheet. Save one fabric square to place on the top of the stack to cover the last piece of paper. Use another cookie sheet to press the remaining water out of the stack. (do this outside or in the bathtub, it can make a mess)
    10. After you press the stack, gently separate the sheets. They can be dried by hanging on a clothesline or laying them out on sheets of newspaper. When they have dried peel them off the fabric and voila! you have paper!

<DL><DT></DT></DL>

10. Yeah i have been looking for away to make these little bastards THANK YOU!!!!!!

11. I'd rather buy a cigarillo for 50 cents

12. i dont mind cigar blunts but i think the idea here is to smoke a blunt but only be smoking weed and nothing else

13. enjoy your processed tobacco paper that contains glues and other shit.

I do it too once in a while but I prefer a homemade wrap so I know exactly what I smoke. It's why I grow my own weed.

14. neato +rep

15. Wow... im a stoner, Not Jesus.

16. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]Frame seen from the bottom.

[​IMG] [​IMG]Homemade frame seen from the top

[​IMG] [​IMG]Pulp ready for the basin.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]paper just pulled from the basin.

[​IMG] [​IMG]Remove the paper from the frame.

Tips

For a more artistic flair, you can also incorporate plant materials into your paper, such as shreds of buds or pods, or leaves The resulting beautiful effects will motivate you to make more - no two pieces are ever the same.

When drying the paper, you may wish to try hanging the sheets (with fabric or Formica still attached) on a clothesline or standing them up vertically. It's best to let the sheets dry a little first; otherwise they may be too fragile.

You can press a drying sheet of paper by placing another piece of fabric or Formica on top of it and gently pressing. This will make the resulting paper smoother and thinner. Leave the second piece there as it dries.

You can make your paper a little more dense by using an iron. While it's still very damp, place it between two pieces of cloth. Iron on low, no steam, pressing down and always moving. Check it frequently.

Hey Hope those pictures help guys ... they of standard paper making proceedure which this basically is with a GC twist of course ... any thing else I can do just ash ... wiith lub and rep from da boldt

• Like Like x 1
  17. oh man I thought about this just the other day but I was so lazy I figured I'd do it some other time hahaha

I might jsut have to try this now

18. How does that thing work? Looks like a cement block...

Ill stick to my phillies or blunt wraps.

19. what is that supposed to mean??

and I think those pics are of denim paper. you can make construction paper from recycled jeans. and that's a pretty thick slab of paper.

Hemp paper is much better looking.

20. This is really creative, dude. I just might have to try it one day.

+rep for the creativity...

You should take a pic of how one of those things smokes. :D