Oxygen tank to CO2 tank?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Kaptain Kush, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Ok, here's the deal: I got this aluminium oxygen tank for free, dont ask how, but i want to use it for a CO2 system. Is there a way i could use the tank for CO2?
    heres a pic of the tank

2. as far as i know a tank is a tank just take it some where ,i think some walmarts do it, to get it filled up ask them or just email a scuba site im sure they know their tanks

3. GOOD LUCK.....Unless you KNOW somebody and I do mean KNOW somebody -aint noone gonna fill a oxygen tank with CO2...Thats what I interpret you are wanting to do. Also 99.999% of the time the screw on parts are usually a differant thread pattern so you cant just screw on a CO2 regulator AND usually they Flow at a differant rate. Just go get what you are supposed to have and have peace of mind and less aggrivation. They arent that much ..... seriously.

4. Kinky pegged it. They cant fill it because it wont fit their plumbing. CO2 and Argon use the same fittings (I think). Also I think they have some rules about such things, it keeps folks from getting killed.

5. Yea, that's what i was afraid of. Oh well, maybe i can sell the thing on ebay or something.