Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Passed A hair follicle drug test

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by growman944, May 29, 2007.

1. #1621 BaldSoon, Jan 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2012
    After reading almost all the post the only thing i can do now is cut my hair. I am going to cut it to .5 I am a girl so shaving my armpits , legs , an pubic hair should not seem strange. A black women with really short hair shouldn't be that strange either i think.

I have been clean for about five months by the time i take the test but it is cocaine i am worried about.

I also plan on putting a lye relaxer in my hair and using the gman method for about a week before the test and doing one of thoes at home test.
    No matter what i will come back to update b/c i wonder about the other people who never come back

i did a hair test on my own back in Oct with only 2 months clean and no prep and failed. But now i have 3 more months clean and i am cutting my hair and hoping for the best i am so stressed!! I really need this job

2. [quote name='"BaldSoon"']After reading almost all the post the only thing i can do now is cut my hair. I am going to cut it to .5 I am a girl so shaving my armpits , legs , an pubic hair should not seem strange. A black women with really short hair shouldn't be that strange either i think.

I have been clean for about five months by the time i take the test but it is cocaine i am worried about.

I also plan on putting a lye relaxer in my hair and using the gman method for about a week before the test and doing one of thoes at home test.
    No matter what i will come back to update b/c i wonder about the other people who never come back

i did a hair test on my own back in Oct with only 2 months clean and no prep and failed. But now i have 3 more months clean and i am cutting my hair and hoping for the best i am so stressed!! I really need this job[/quote]

Good luck

3. I have read on this forum that you should use heat to activate the vinegar. Now is it necessary to do so with the clean and clear as well?

4. #1624 dancingmamabear, Jan 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2012
    Also when should u start the bleach/redye method? I have Almost a full month clean..not exactly sure when I will be tested but should find out soon. I have thick dark somewhat coarse hair...that dreds easily when long..hair is short now and will get cut again but cannot shave...please help...I need advice...

5. Thanks

6. Hey there 122walls. Did you do the baking soda step inbetween the bleach and redye? If so how long did you leave it in? And does it help get at thee metabolites better?

7. I am a 25yr old male, ~150 lbs, fairly active ( work out every other day), have a military haircut (buzzed on the sides and about 1.5 inch on top/ blonde medium thick hair)and before dec 20 I smoked everyday, 5-6 times a day. I worked in a processing plant and everyone smoked so even on days I thought I'd have to go without, co-workers would come through. My father has told me since I moved here to Alaska that he'd get me a job in the oil patch but nothing ever panned out (it's been about 3 years now). Well, I was introduced to a district manager of a very prestigious company here and the benefits and pay sound all but made up. The only kicker is that there will be a hair follicle test. There is no hire date yet but I spoke with the lady on the phone today and she said that I will for sure be hired, it's just a matter of when a trainner gets back into town - way less than 90 days.
    Here is my plan, please please please offer any suggestions to alter/modify it!
    First, I have been washing my hair with nutrigena tgel (and just bought the tsal today) since dec 20.
    Second, my wife is a stylist and will be bleaching and redying my hair at least twice.
    Thirdly, I will be doing the MAC method as often as I can starting tonight after the first bleach treatment.
    I saw this ultra kleen ultraclense at the smoke shop today and might toss that in my hair the day of the test for good measure.
    Do any of you gurus have any advice? Oh, I've man-scaped all over so they will either have to take the hair sample from my butt crack or the top of my head, FYI
    all input is appreciated!

8. I am a male 25. decent shape. i have short hair, so i have cut all of the hair on my body down to 1/4 of an inch, shaved my chest and left my armpit hair. The last time i smoked was September 27th, and the time before that was in july. I have to take a hair test sometime this week, but I am taking it after I start the job. It is my dream job, so I am going for it. I've done three mac's my my arm pits and got toxic wash, and have done three treatments. It's been over 100 days since I last smoked, but i keep reading that it stays in your body hair longer. How short should I cut my armpit hair?

9. #1630 naughtyhair, Jan 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2012
    I haven't posted lately because I've been SO CONSUMED with passing this HFT test! I finally took test and waiting on my results. Here's what I did & learned:

Background: Occasional use, only on weekends just the white stuff. I had only 3 weeks clean time. Black healthy shoulder length hair.

Started gman method 3 weeks ago. Did it 3x 1st week and 2x 2nd week. In 2nd week did one home bleach/redye. Mid 2nd week took test to see where I stood. Found out results Monday of 3rd week. Failed miserably. Levels showed a threshold for daily usage. Needless to say I was shocked. I presumed just being around it was enough for a positive result thinking the test was so sensitive. Immediately went online to find out what esle I could do. I could bleach redye again...if hair was healthy enough I could try perm or relax hoping it doesn't fall out. Bought supplies and contemplated what to do.

I then came to the same conclusion as you did. Decided to cut my hair off. After 2nd bleach n dye went to salon and got boy cut. Explained my scenario and talked with chem tech. She recommended I test some hair to see if it could withstand relaxer in an experiment. So I took some of my hair clippings and did just that. I had bought no lye kid relaxer. Experiment didn't work. Hair turned to mush. Bleach and redye multiple times was my decision afterall. Lucky me I didn't like the way my cut looked and went back in for a touch up. Chem tech there remembered me and asked how HFT went. Told her was still in prep mode ready to bleach & redye at home.

She told me best bet was a salon bleach/redye job. The store bought are never as strong as salon jobs. She made me sign waiver of course. She got my hair a bright yellow (best home bleach ever did was orange) then filled it in twice with 2 different colors. Did 4 more Gman's in 3rd week. Interestingly enough after all this hair still feels somewhat healthy.

So while getting salon job found out why my levels came back so high. Trying to be inconspicuous I cut my sideburn for preliminary test since I didn't want evidence of a pretest showing. She explained hair on head grows slowest in that area. Felt so dumb...so my pretest was crap results. So end of week 3 was test day. Did Gman for 10th and final time. Also did HEET...only left in a few minutea worried it would make my hair fall out. Also applied Hair Mudd cleanse kit. Went to take test. They took from 3 different spots on head.

Now its up to the God. I can honestly say I've done everything I can do. Good thing about this ordeal is I dnt ever want to do it again which means I'm done taking my chances and walking a straight lines vs taking the other kind. Good luck to you all in this situation. I'm praying for us all. This has certainly been my real life science experiment in my adult life. I will post results when I get them.

10. I know that in just another person on here asking questions but I feel I may have some answers/suggestions that may put your mind at ease. Hair tests only go back 90 days (in most cases) so if your at 100+, you should be ok anyways. I know it may seem and feel a little gay to shave your arm pits (I did) but fuck it, it's your dream job- do whatever it takes. Just say you didn't follow through with a new years resolution and you bet your buddies you'd shave if you failed, chances are they won't even check. Just keep up with the Mac treatments; do whatever you feel necessary to pass and undoubtably, you will.

11. I am going for the big cut sat and to be honest i cant wait i want it gone. I got an at home kit and i am going to take it this week to see where i stand then I am going to the pros for another hair test next week. I cant seem to concentrate on anything else it is driving me crazy.

I will get my hair relaxed then wait two weeks and bleach and redye hair once at home and once at salon. I think i can push my test back another week.

I am with you i am done never again. i am to old and the funny thing is it was five years and i didnt have anything stronger than a lortab until that weekend its been five months and i just pray it is enough

I also made the same mistake i did not perm my hair B4 pretest so it was very curly and the back of my hair grows really slow and thats were she took sample. so i am going to shave the very back of my head this time. I am praying for you too i hope you pass as well

thanks for the info really i didnt plan on going to salon for dye just relaxer but i will go now.

looking like the first week in feb is when test. I have been monitoring my hair growth and it looks like i have 1/2 in new growth in the past month and if that is all that is on my head to test and i have been clean five months i just pray it is enough.

you have my support ,best wishes, and prayers Good Luck

12. i am thinking about HEET and Gas as well

13. #1634 naughtyhair, Jan 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2012
    :p
    Before you go down that road let's see what's happens in my case. If you can postpone until 1st week in Feb and have 5 mo clean I think you could just do bleach redye or relaxer treatments with mac/gman treatments in between. Since they only go back 90 days I assume you are doing all this because you have slow hair growth? Otherwise I think you should be fine with minimal treatment.

God's will always reigns so no matter what there is a lesson He wants us to learn...I just hope and pray its in the form of a negative result! God bless u hun...I'll post as soon as I find out.

14. Yes i feel like i have slow hair growth. I think that my hair has grown at least a 1/2 an inch in the past 2.5 months since my last test so that is what i am cutting it down to nothing but the new growth then i am going to take another pre-test this week end after the relaxer and cut and wait for results. Then mac/gman method and a pre-test by the pros and then another on the week of the test ( the last one is an at home kit from the company that is doing it they say they are the toughest to pass) From what i have read my new growth should be clean and i should be cutting out the unclean hair i hope this is true it was the last week july or first week in Aug that i messed up so it has been a while i just cant take any chances. I haven't done any drugs at all in way over 90 days.

I just really hope the first pre-test is clean that would make me feel so much better. I will still do all the steps but it would give me some peace of mind b/c i am going crazy right now

I really hope that you pass. Please keep me up dated and did the Heet burn like crazy?
    did you do the gas and the heet?

15. So I just received the job offer I've been waiting for! I knew this company did hair tests so I'm currently at 88 days clean but I was a daily smoker. Just one or two bowls a day. I've done the Mac method at least 20 times, used a whole bottle of paul mitchell 3 and about 8 of the ion treatments. My hair is long and really fine and really light blonde naturally, it also grows wicked fast and I've been taking biotin to help speed it up. With the baking soda and tide treatments I mixed the baking soda with propylene glycol to hopefully help remove any thc metabolites. So my question is does anyone think I need to bleach and re-dye. I really really want this job! Any input would be awesome. Thanks friends

16. This might be for a different forum but this one seems to have members with the most knowledge. Here is the scenario:

5 '11/210
    30 yrs old

I smoked a couple times in september and once in mid october. Before that it was over 2 years and another 5 before that. I keep my hair relatively short and it has been cut at least 3x since the last time I smoked and is roughly an inch long now. I took an HFT on Friday the 5th 2012. I didn't do macujo or anything like that. Do you think I will pass or is it too close?

17. Like most of you all, I'm about to take a hft. I'm freaking out right now since I'm in a dream job that is going from urine to hft. The consequences are far grater than just losing my job. Can anyone explain the scientific process or reasoning behind soaking with vinegar first and the other steps as well. Bleaching makes more sense in opening the hair while the vinegar is supposed to close it. Like many of the other posts I'm an extremely light smoker. It just so happens the only time I have taken any hits happen to be within the 90 day mark

18. I've been doing the Mac method 4 times now and am going to try bleach method tonight. Toxin wash will be in my hands tomorrow. Have to take test on Friday or Monday at latest. Someone please help me understand the process and how it's supposed to work. It would actually be better for me to quit my job than fail the test. I do believe I can pass with help however....being that I virtually don't smoke anymore nor have for a few years now

19. You should be fine, they only go back 90 days and have cutoff levels. if what you are saying is true only october would show and if it was one time it should fall below the cutoff. Keep us posted on how it goes. good luck!