Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Passed A hair follicle drug test

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by growman944, May 29, 2007.

1. So, I stumbled across this thread after hours of research on the good ol' Google. I'm sure it's been covered at least once in the 200 something pages so far, but, can ANYONE reassure me that ONE small toke of weed WONT show up on a hair follicle test?

I took one hit off of a pipe on December 19, 2015 and have a hair follicle test this Friday. Prior to that I hadn't smoked in probably well over a year. I'm finding conflicting info online and just need some reassurance, possibly from someone knowledgable on the topic or who has gone through a similar situation.

Thanks in advance guys

-KB

2. Growman,
    good advice to everyone. I would like to share this story if I could. I hope it helps. it helped me a lot!

THE KEY TO THISMETHOD IS REPETITION!!!<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    GettingEverything You Need Before Your Start: Before you start, you're going to want to go out and buy everything thatyou need first. I got everything from a combination of WalMart and WalGreens(most of it at WalMart) you will most likely need more than one of all of these(except maybe the bleach). How much of each product you need depends on howmuch you will use each time you perform the method. How much you will use eachtime to perform the method depends on how long your hair is. If your ableto, I would suggest cutting your hair to about 2 or 3 inches (not shorter thanan inch and a half!!!!) Here is the list of things that you will need:<o:p></o:p>
    White Vinegar<o:p></o:p>
    Clean and Clear PinkAstringent (will have either 2% or 3% salicylic acid in it)<o:p></o:p>
    Tide Bleach Alternative<o:p></o:p>
    Neutrogena T-Sal shampoo,not the original one, the one for dry/itchy scalp (will have either 2% or3% salicylic acid in it)<o:p></o:p>
    Selsum Blue shampoo, not theoriginal one, the one for dry/itchy scalp (will have either 2% or 3%salicylic acid in it)<o:p></o:p>
    Bleach, the kind forcleaning, the kind that burns your nose if you're not in a well ventilatedarea, the kind that you're mother keeps under the kitchen sink. (you will onlyneed 1 bottle of this as you won't use much)<o:p></o:p>
    Aussie 3 minute miracleconditioner, the kind for hydrating the hair/scalp. <o:p></o:p>
    A shit load of shower caps.I went through dozens of them. Buy the cheap ones. <o:p></o:p>
    Swimming Goggles<o:p></o:p>
    End of list.<o:p></o:p>
    TheMethod: I am going to go throughthis step by step, it is important that you don't skimp, half ass, or skip anyof this. This is exactly what I did and I passed. You will be doing it morethan once. <o:p></o:p>
    1. Right off the bat, take 2cereal bowls and grab your bleach, your Selsum Blue and your T-Sal. Empty halfthe bottle of Selsum into one of the bowls, empty half the bottle of T-Sal intothe other bowl. Take a 1 tablespoon measuring spoon and add one table spoon ofbleach to the Selsum and one tablespoon of bleach to the T-Sal. Mix SLOWLY boththe Selsum mix and the T-Sal mix. If you do it right, the Selsum, should bubbleand foam after about a minute of mixing. The T-Sal should turn reddish-ambercolor after about a minute of mixing. <span style='font-family: "Proxima Nova";'>It is important that you do this step first as both these mixesneed to sit for about an hour as your doing the next steps that will eventuallylead to the use of both of these mixes right about an hour after you mix them,so it works out perfectly. Set the two bowls to the side.<o:p></o:p></span>
    2. Okay, this is going to stink (unless you like thesmell of vinegar, I sure don't). Grab your vinegar and grab a shower cap andhead to the biggest/deepest sink you have available to you. It's going to bemessy. Put on your goggles. Soak your head/hair in the vinegar..... and I meanSOAK. Rub it in. Soak. Rub it in. Get your hair nice and wet and your scalpnice and rubbed down with the vinegar. Then put on a shower cap and let sit for15 minutes. Take off goggles. Vinegar is going to drip down your face.... itsucks, but just do your best to deal with it and wipe it off with a papertowel. After 15 minutes, go back to the sink. Take off the shower cap and dothe same thing again. Soak your head/hair in vinegar, rub it in. Soak, rub itin. Put the shower cap back on and let it sit for another 15 minutes.<o:p></o:p>
    3. After another 15 minuteshas gone by, it's time for the most painful part. Go back to the sink. <span style='font-family: "Proxima Nova";'>DON'T WASH THE VINEGAR OUT AND DON'T CHANGESHOWER CAPS UNTIL I TELL YOU TOO. Take off your shower capand grab your bottle of clean and clear pink astringent. Make sure you haveyour goggles on. Just as thoroughly as you rubbed in the vinegar, your going todo the same thing with the clean and clear. Soak, rub it in. Soak, rub it thefuck in!!! It's going to start burning right about halfway through the rubbingprocess. Don't think about it, think about passing the test. Your hair IS NOTgoing to fall out although this is what it may feel like. Soak, rub it in.Soak, rub it in. Put the shower cap back on. Take off goggles. Once the showercap in back on, the burning feeling is going to get more intense. Suck it up.Let this sit for 20 minutes. You can get through it, many others have.<o:p></o:p></span>
    4. Time for some sweet,cooling relief. Go back to the sink and take off the shower cap. Grab yourbottle of Tide bleach alternative. Make sure your goggles are on. Rub your hairand scalp down with a generous amount. Use it like it was shampoo. Scrub,scrub, scrub. Scrub, scrub, scrub. Put the shower cap back on. Take off yourgoggles. Let sit for 10 minutes.<o:p></o:p>
    5. Go to the shower and washyour hair out with the hottest water that you are able to stand. Dry it offwith a towel, but leave it damp.<o:p></o:p>
    6. Grab your T-Sal mixture.You may not use the whole bowl, but make sure you use it generously. Put yourgoggles on the soak your hair with the mix. Scrub, scrub scrub. Soak, soak,soak. Scrub, scrub, scrub. Put on a new shower cap. Take off your goggles. Letsit for 20 min.<o:p></o:p>
    7. Take off the shower capbut save it. Go to the shower and rinse your hair out with the hottest wateryour able to stand. Dry it with a towel but once again leave it damp. <o:p></o:p>
    8. Grab your Selsum mixture.Put on your goggles. This mix should be the thickest of everything yet. Goahead and apply it just like the other. Scrub, scrub scrub. Soak, soak,soak. Scrub, scrub, scrub. Put your shower cap back on, take of your goggles,and let it sit for 20 minutes.<o:p></o:p>
    9. Take off the showercap but save it. Go to the shower and rinse your hair out with the hottestwater your able to stand. Dry it with a towel but once again leave itdamp. <o:p></o:p>
    10. You're going to rub yourhair down with another dose of the tide bleach alternative. So put on yourgoggles and apply another generous amount of tide bleach alternative to thehair and scalp. Rub and scrub and soak and scrub and rub. Put the shower capback on, take off your goggles and let it sit for 10 minutes.<o:p></o:p>
    11. Go to the showerand wash your hair out with the hottest water that you are able to stand. Dryit off with a towel, but leave it damp.<o:p></o:p>
    12. Grab your Aussie. Rubthis in your hair. Generously. And I mean generously (it's going to berelieving). If you need too, add a little water from the sink to get a nicegenerous application of the conditioner. Scrub it is and soak it well. Puta <span style='font-family: "Proxima Nova";'>NEW showercap on and let this sit for a half hour. <o:p></o:p></span>
    13. Wash out the aussie withthe hottest water that you can stand. Dry with a towel.<o:p></o:p>
    END METHOD - Yeah..... your gonna be sore...... and probably happyit's over.......don't be too happy..... that was only application one. Keepreading and i'll explain this.<o:p></o:p>
    My Experience: Okay, so this is gonna be full of information that otherthreads were lacking that I really wish they included. Once I start talkingabout this you'll understand why. This part was quite costly, but you don'thave to do it. I did it because it is my nature to track progress. My last daysmoking was 2/9/2015. On that day I smoked 2 blunts, a party sized bong packerwith my buddy. And lots of bowls with friends and by myself (probably 5 or 6throughout the day). This is more than I usually smoked daily but it wasn't tooout of the ordinary for me. The next morning (2/10/2015) as soon as I woke upis when I found out that I would be taking a hair test but I didn't know when.So at that point I didn't take another hit. I just gave the rest of my stash tomy buddy (lucky mofo got free master kush lol). Now, in hindsight I wish Iwould have tested my hair the first time with no treatment just to see what thepg/mg was at the beginning, but i didn't. I went online and I ordered somecommercial shampoos. Among these, the 2 most popular ones were the hair razorand the test'in shampoo. I forgot how much the hair razor was, but the test'inshampoo was a 3 part process that cost me $130. I also went and spentsome money and ordered 6 of those hairconfirm hair tests (Omega labs) so Icould both track my progress and make sure that the damn test was a definitenegative before going and taking the test that counted (Psychemedics). I calledthe woman from Omega labs that I would be sending my practice tests too andflat out asked her if her tests were as accurate as Psychemedics. Her answerwas a confident "yes, absolutely". <o:p></o:p>
    Before I went out andcollected all the information from people and did my research, I was under theimpression that one of these commercial shampoos would work. So I did the hairrazor first. I used as directed. After the treatment, I cut off a chunk of myhair (soda straw width, 1.5 inches exactly) and sent it in to the lab. Now,like I said, I didn't send any hair in pre treatment (though I wish I had) so Idon't know the pg/mg of my hair pre treatment. That being said, I fullyexpected the results to come back negative, because I followed the instructionsexactly. I sent that test in on 2/14/2015 and on 2/18/2015 I got my results....positive for marijuana metabolite. My heart sunk and the panic started to setin. <span style='font-family: "Proxima Nova";'>Deep breath whatwas the starting progess?....... I failed at 32 pg/mg.<o:p></o:p></span>
    Okay, shit, I need this tobe negative. I need this job. I have myself and others depending on me. Okaylet's try the test'in. The website said that this was <span style='font-family: "Proxima Nova";'>99.99% effective. So Ihave as good of chance losing the power ball lottery as I do failing with thisstuff. Cool. I followed the 3 step process. I felt that this was more expensivethan the other one, so it must work better. Followed the directions exactly.Cut another hair sample and sent it in on 2/23/2015. On 2/27/2015 I got myresults back...... positive. Oh no, oh no, oh no! I regret every having smokedweed at this point. This isn't fair. This isn't right. I start thinking it'sall over for me. Deepbreath. What's my progress?..... 14 pg/mg. Going down..... butit was supposed to work!!!! It didn't work!!!!!! I called the guy from thecompany. I let him know that I didn't want my money back, I just wanted to tellhim it didn't work. He argued with me. I told him to go fuck himself and hungup. At this point I don't know what to do. Deep breath. Resources... what are myresources? Internet, other people who have experienced this, I have intelligentpeople at my university who I am sure could chime in. And I'm a resourcefulguy, capable of research and development. This is when I put 100% effort intofiguring this out. I am not going to let this slip through my fingers.<o:p></o:p></span>
    Fast forward a few days to3/6/2015. I have my information and to the best of my ability have taken thebest of the best info that I could get and, with the involvement of others, puttogether the above method. Each time you do the method it takes roughly 3hours. I did the method for the first time on 3/7/2015 and started around 7pmto about 10pm. My scalp was sore. I did the method a second time the next day(3/8/2015) around mid day (about 3pm and ended at 6pm) and holy fucking shitwas my scalp sore. But I didn't care. About an hour later I cut another hairsample and sent it in. I figured that it probably wasn't going to benegative..... but I thought that that pg/mg would go down steadily until it wasnegative. On 3/10/2015 my results came back..... positive...... but, it waspositive for 4.38 pg/mg. A glimmer of hope started to develop. It was going tohurt, but this test could be beaten. My hair could be cleansed. It could work.That night I did the method again. The next day (3/11/2015) I did it 2 times,once in the morning, once at night. Brutal scalp soreness. But tolerable. About2 hours later I sent another sample in. On 3/13/2015 I received myresults......... positive. Looked at the results...... 2.38 pg/mg. The cutoffis 1 pg/mg. So I had to keep this up until it was below one to get a negativeresult. That weekend (3/14/2015 - 3/15/2015) I did the method once a day. Thisequals out to 2 more times over that weekend. My scalp was red, irritated andvery sore. But I took another sample and sent it in. On 3/17/2015 I got myresults...... I started laughing when I looked at the result. It's still funnyin a fucked up way........positive, 1.26 pg/mg. I literally needed to bring itdown another .27 and it would be negative. The same day 3/17/15 I did themethod 2 more times. This time it hurt so bad that by the time I did it thesecond time, I could only bare the clean and clear for about 3 minutes and Iwas literally crying. But I got through it the best that I could. Cut anothersample turned it in. This time, I got my results back the next day on 3/18/2015(good sign)............negative. I cannot explain the amount of relief thatcame over me. I mean I don't know but it would have to be comparable to thebaby finally being pushed out after 12 hours of labor. I mean it was so muchrelief it got me higher than any marijuana I ever smoked. On 3/19/2015 I calledHuman Resources and asked them when I was to be sent in for my physical andasked them how my background check went. She said that my background check hadno problems passing and that she meant to have called me already. She then saidthat from this point I will be given 24 hours to go to the lab for hairfollicle testing (she was probably putting off calling me because she had othershit to do, but whatever that worked to my advantage). Before going in, Imeasured my hair, it was about 1.6 inches. I had a feeling they were going towant body hair. I grabbed a new razor and shaved everything below my eyebrows(obviously not my eyebrows, but everything below them). From my hands to myarms to my armpits to my pubes to my ass to my taint to my thighs to my stomachto my chest to my legs to my feet I was baby fucking smooth. I went in thatsame day and took the hair test. She wanted to take hair from my body, but whenshe asked why my body hair was completely shaved I said that I was a powerlifter (not a lie) and that I had a coach (lie) that made me shave every weekfor the spring competition coming up (lie). She gave me a funny look and thentook it from my head. <span style='font-family: "Proxima Nova";'>HAVE ANEXCUSE READY!!!!! IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE GENIUS OR ELABORATE BUT HAVE ONE ANDSTICK TO IT!!!!!! I asked how long it would take forresults. She told me most negative samples come back in 24 hours. Well today(3/20/2015) - (so i guess technically yesterday at this point) I got a callfrom Human Resources saying that my test was negative for everything and I gota start date for April 20th (ironic, no?) I am in my mid 20's and will now bemaking over 6 figures a year. Persistence is key. I am now on random hair testsso I will not be smoking again until i retire. But I don't care. It's worth itto me. <o:p></o:p></span>
    I did the method 9 times beforeI got a negative result.<o:p></o:p>
    I hope this helps someone.Thanks for reading. [​IMG]<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>

3. I haven't smoked in 108 days, will I pass a 90 day hair follicle test?

4. I PASSED!!! I just wanted to share my story since this thread helped me.
    Background: 33 yr old African American female. About 35 days clean. Light smoker/ maybe 10 times over the last 6 months but high grade full blunts when I did smoke. Clean about 40 days. Dark brown short hair.
    After quitting my last job and starting training for my new job, I found out on the 2nd day that it was a hair and urine test and not just urine. I thought this was stupid because it's for car sales...Anyways. I was given the form and was supposed to go take the test right then. THANK GOD they were closed. So I started googling. I had already failed a hair test 2 years ago using Majucco method so I knew I had to change it up.
    My method:
    Apple cidar vinegar 30 min
    Add generic 2% clean and clear 3O min. Rinse
    Tide detergent 30 min while scrubbing. Rinse
    Neutrogena tsal 3% shampoo. Scrub 30 min. Rinse
    Baking soda water paste. Scrub 30 min. Rinse
    Repeated first to steps of vinegar and clean and clear. Rinse.
    Wash with tide 10 min.
    Apply regular dark and lovely hair relaxer. Let sit until could no longer stand the burn. About 15 min. Rinse with neutralizing shampoo.
    Wash with Neutrogena tsal shampoo and scrub 10 min. Rinse.
    Applied setting lotion and let air dry.
    I will say that I had 2 relaxers over the the course of my 40 days clean. And I read a study that weed is reduced by about 30% every time you relax. Either way I'm elated. Started my new job today. Good luck.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Hi Prissy80,

This is good news. I am a 45 year old black man who has a hair test coming up in about three weeks to a month. It is so hard to see a good method that has actually worked for a black person, I regularly relax my hair (about once every three weeks) and was afraid of the bleach and dye method because I'm pretty sure with my relaxed hair it would make it fall out. I will try your method and let you know how it turns out for me...If any other African Americans have passed recently without bleaching please post your method. It would really help a brother out.

6. Alright, I can't believe i'm in this situation and I really believe i'm freaking myself out over nothing, but I want some other opinions.

Background: 22 yr old college student. I'd say I have a pretty fast metabolism, 5 10, 175 and somewhat athletic.

Issue: I currently have an opportunity to intern/co-op at a sick company. My friends dad is working very hard to get me this position, so failing isn't an option. I have been clean from all drugs since early Nov and prior to that I wasn't a frequent user of anything. However, this past saturday I was at party. I know it's not an excuse, but my buddy asked if he could borrow my 24oz water bottle to take one of these pills his dad got from one of the doctors he is in charge of over in Europe called 'Solpadeine migraine ibuprofen & codeine tablets' to cure his headache (these pills are over the counter in the UK, but illegal in the US) I believe this specific pill had 8mg of codeine. It works like alka seltzer and is dissolved into water.

Well, my dumb and drunk ass completely forgot he did that and I took two sips out of it, like two normal sized drinks. Obviously I started freaking out and now i'm here. I was also exposed to large amounts of second hand marijuana smoke inside of a large apartment from a large blunt.

The company requires a drug test and it is a hair test and won't be happening until late April - Mid May and other than this dumb ass fluke I haven't consumed any drug since early nov at the latest. Do you guys think i'm fucked? Is there anything I could do? I do have a prescription of codeine cough syrup, but it expired this feb. The directions say to take as needed, so I was thinking about potentially calling my doctor, telling him I had a cough and took some, and asking him if it's safe to take and maybe see if I could get my prescription renewed?

Like I said, I think i'm just freaking myself out, but I really need some other opinions right now.

TL;DR - Drug free since early November, and prior I really wasn't a frequent user. I have a hair follicle drug test for an internship in late april-early may. Took two drinks from a 24 oz water bottle that contained a dissolved pill with ~8mg codeine and was exposed to second hand Marijuana smoke in large apartment, from large blunt. Am I fucked. Any advice

Thanks so much!

7. So I just got offered an internship that requires a hair drug test. I am expecting the drug test sometime in May potentially late April. I was a light to moderate user smoking a 2/3 times a week, just at night not all day smoking. I have seen people say that does not matter though for hair. The last day I smoked was March 6th and say if I have until about May 10th that'll give me about 65 days. I know the typical time frame is 90 days.

Fortunately enough I am a competitive swimmer, so I am typically trimmed and have very short head and body hair. I plan on staying 100% clean until my test, but I want to try and rid my body of the THC, what is the best way to do that naturally over this time period? Will the chlorine help? I am going to start fixing my diet also and I have recently added green tea (I know that helps detox). When should I potentially start doing all the different hair cleaning and detox methods mentioned throughout this feed?

Also if I came into the drug test somewhat shaved and with a fresh haircut (which I was planning on doing before I started my job anyways), and explain I am a competitive swimmer (my employer knows I swim competitively) would I just be required to take a urine test?

When the drug testing company contacts me and tells me it is hair, should I respond and say "I just had a swim meet, I do not have much hair to over" or do I just go in and play dumb not knowing they need at least 1.5 inches?

8. So here is my story:

Very light smoker in the past 2 years maybe once every three months. This January 2016 split a joint between a buddy and I after buying some edibles from him for a recent snowboarding trip. Ate three edibles that trip starting on January 13-15. Saved a small piece of the brownie which I had a small piece of on January 29th. After all of that super bowl weekend comes around and on Sunday I smoked a small dab out of a bong. So idk what category I would fall into. But there is the detail.

My delimma now is that I have a drug test coming in maybe a weeks less time. The test will be an HFT. Passed urine tests with no problem on February 24th. They sent me in the first time to get a hair test with no prep time. They took hair off of my leg. So needless to say I thought I was pretty much fired. That weekend I shaved my head to a wahl #2 or 1/4 inch and shaved all leg/arm hair. Probably pretty suspicious but whatever. The next week I get a call from HR saying that I need to go back in since the test came back inconclusive. So went back to the hair testing clinic and they inform my company that my hair is to short and can't take a sample. Had a meeting with the head of HR which she told me to grow my hair so they can retest.

So as it sits right now I am 32 days from last time ingesting. Trying to buy as much time as I can and see if I can keep my hair short without raising suspicions. Already done one maccujo method and planning keep doing it until I have to test. Most likely will try the straighting treatment as well. Can't do bleaching and re-dye since it will raise suspicion at my work.

Hopefully I have clean hair as of right now and can beat this dang test.

My bio is as follows:

26 year old male
    Brown/blonde hair average thickness
    Good metabolism
    5'11" 170 lbs

Please send positive vibes and I will do the same. Thanks and good luck.

9. #5069 JustWanderingAround, Mar 13, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
    Good luck!

11. Short update:

Done the maccujo method three times.
    Used hair relaxers twice
    - Be careful with this stuff = burnt head

Cut hair some. Been 37 days since I smoked a dab. My hair is about 7/16 in length maybe a bit shorter.

Hopefully this works my job and future depend on it. Thanks all for your post they are and inspiration.

12. Ryan -love how detailed you are. I know your post is old and you may never read this but wanted to give you a shout out for even including an excerpt from the pharmaceutical company - thanks really appreciate it!!

13. Thank you to everyone who has taken time to post methods and results. Not sure if I actually have to take the hair drug test....but it has been mentioned. So I have researched and order my products. Found my hair relaxer with lye online.... two rounds of bleaching kits and re colour dye....baking soda, Apple cider vinegar, clean and clear, washing liquid concentrated, tsal and shower caps. My hair is going to suffer......but this is too important not to start and I have partied ..... clean for two months but it could be a 12 month test .....just my luck lol.
    Will update as I go and thanks again x

14. Update:

Sent in sample to hair confirm express. Results came back negative for all substances tested. Called and confirmed results. So hopefully I will be good for the real test which will sometime this week. Keep the good vibes coming. Thanks again for everyone posts. This is a great outlet to vent frustrations and find solutions.

15. Fucking beautiful man. Looking good for me too. Actual test is The 28th, gonna do Macujo 5 more times before my test starting tonight for a total of 8 times in the pass two weeks w/ about 90 days clean at time of test and being a infrequent user. THANK YOU SCIENCE!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Seriously Dude? lol

17. Been perusing, but unable to go through a 200 pg thread. So what's the consensus on occasional smokers. Say 2 joints in a 90 day period. Will that require a maccujo method, or simply not show if you have a fast metabolism and that's all you had for realz?! Will a flush immediately after smoking eliminate the need for maccujo, such as intense exercise and fluid intake the following 3 days after? This should help clear THC I. Blood so very little makes it to the hair.

I'm asking in advance. I feel confident with pee tests using a flush thru creatine, vitamins, and fluids but am still worried if the dreaded hair test is set upon me!

18. Hello!

I usually frequent pages like this when I am in dire need of answers. I am looking for a new job and there is one I am seriously interested in. I was fully prepared to do a urine test, however this drug test is for hair. I keep my hair very short, probably less than a centimeter in length. Super clean cut guy! So it's very likely I'm gonna have to let them collect a sample from some other part of my body. I don't want to have to shave my entire body because that would be a dead giveaway. My friend recommended a shampoo I could use however she doesn't have any experience with this product, so I'm reluctant to go along with he advice. I have hair everywhere else (nose, eyebrows, eyelashes, minimal body hair) what should I do?

19. Update. Did another macujo last night and some baking soda paste, then Selsum and Tsal and Paul Mitchell 3 for another 30 minutes. Gonna do another 2 macs today, and then a full zydot treatment before the test. Hope it's been enough, if not, ill just find another job.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. Will this work for body hair?? Because I don't have enough hair on my head for that..