Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Passed A hair follicle drug test

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by growman944, May 29, 2007.

2-5 days for blood to stop depositing into the hair follicle, but additional days for that hair follicle to grow through your scalp. So for example, the very base of my hair follicle that's growing today couldn't be shaved off my head for x number of days (say, 5). The numbers I've found for this aren't very consistent but generally I've found 7-10 days, which includes the time to get the blood clean.

But hey, I'm no expert. Just a guy who's done some research.

2. Going in for my test today, wish me luck!

Its been 81 days since I've last smoked, I got a haircut about the first week of may down to 3/4 in and the last time I measured it from the root to tip it was at about 1.2-1.25 in. (I've been taking a lot of biotin but I didn't think I would see that much growth in so little time, which is good since I was worried my hair would be too short for them to take it from my head. I've done two bleach and redye sessions about a week apart since it felt like I was going to lose all my hair if I did them any closer together. Ive done several baking soda paste sessions followed by acv or tsal shampoo mixed with some propylene glycol I bought online. Today I am doing one more baking soda paste session, one more apple cider vinegar session and then I will finish with a paul mitchell three before doing a full zydot treatment before going in for my test. There really doesn't seem like there is too much else I can do, so if I fail after all of this, at least I tried!

3. #3863 OnionRoll, May 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2013
    well its been 2 weeks since psychem got my sample and still no word. dunno what thats supposed to mean but its making me quite nervous

4. #3864 gushinggrannies, May 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2013
    Okay, long time lurker here. Needing some advice...

I have been clean since April 3. I got a job and now I need to have a hair and urine test. I will pass the urine test, I bought a 5 panel to make sure, and I passed. I thought my hair test was going to be some time last week but they never asked for one so I let it go. Today, I am told that I have to take one "whenever is convenient for me". Last week I got a regular haircut (about 1.5-2.0 inches), did vinegar, pink astringent, tide (30 min cycles), followed by TSAL, swimmers shampoo, and Paul Mitchel Three. I did the process 4 times last week and I have done two biowash treatments also. Since the 4 treatments, I have been washing my hair daily with TSAL, Swimmers Shampoo, and Paul Mitchel Three. The only chemical I am worried about is THC. I was a heavy daily smoker of high grade, but I have stopped for this job and do not plan to ever start again. This is a career that I have been pursuing my entire life.

Should I be worried? I plan on doing the test Friday morning. I also plan on doing a treatment tonight, tomorrow, and Friday morning along with a Biowash treatment all right before the actual test.

Any advice or comments? Thanks in advance!

5. Hi everyone,

Just wanted to bump this to get any further opinions. Basically I passed a HFT with Quest (with them taking hair from my chest) and am wondering about my chances with my "real" HFT with Psychmedics in about a month (so I'd be roughly 140-150 days clean at that stage).

Any opinions?

Many thanks,
    Qdog

6. alright evry1 i fuckin passed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all i had waz 3weeks clean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    it iz possible  i am a heavy smoker did the macujo for 2 dayz bleach and redye next day macujo agin then zydot fuckin sweet !!!!!!! thank you for all the advice

7. Somebody asked these questions a while back but I never saw that they got a response to them.  I have a employment HFT within the next week to 2 weeks so these questions are very applicable to my situation and I would appreciate any and all input.

If I have been doing the Gman method for the past week or so, and I plan on doing the JerryG method within the next few days, and I am going to take a practice test following my first bleach treatment.  If the test results come back showing that I passed will this mean that my system has been sufficiently flushed, or is it possible that the THC and other drug metabolites can still be present in my cuticles and can reappear on a later test?

I want to stop doing treatment (except for day of test preparations) to give my hair and scalp a break and time to recover, so if the chemicals are completely flushed out, this will put my mind at ease.

Anyone that is familiar with this information please give me some input.  Any and all will be much appreciated!!!

8. Hey everyone,

So I've been psychotically reading this forum ever since 2 months ago when I found out that I had a hair test.. well I just took it last thursday and I PASSED!!!! :hello:  :hello:  :yay:  :wave:

Just to give a background on myself, I guess I would consider myself an infrequent smoker..about once a week or not even. I am 5'3" dark brown hair and I had around 40ish days of clean time. I used PM3 as my normal shampoo throughout the time I was clean and I adjusted the Mac method a little bit from my research and what I believed I needed.

Day before the test: baking soda paste 30 min, tide 30 min, pm3 scrub scrub 30 min.
    Day of the test: baking soda 30 min, tide 30 min, baking soda again 30 min, zydot ultra clean and then went straight to the drug testing place

I didn't do anything with the apple cider vinegar because since it is a ver acidic substance and closes up the hair follicles, it didn't make sense to me to use it. During this time my hair was also dyed another color (but that was BEFORE I realized I had to take a HFT), so I actually still smoked once or twice after my hair was dyed. I redyed my roots though a couple of days before the test so maybe that helped.

They cut the hair from the back of my head since I was a girl and I guess one advice I would give is to scrub and focus on the back of your head because I was mostly focusing on the top of my head (automatic scrubbing hand action). ALSO, I have been religiously eating biotin pills (nail and hair growth supplement) ever since I found out about the test so that definitely helped too.

To the girls of this forum, after this method although my hair felt like shithole.. I just did a couple of at home oil treatments and an avocado hair mask (so much protein) to my hair after and it feels fine now.

I hope this advice has helped someone because this forum has definitely helped me SO MUCH!!! THANKS EVERYONE and here I come summer internship!!~~

• Like Like x 1
  9. ohh okay, i understand ya now, well i've sorta stopped doing the treatments because i have more time to grow clean hair, but since i stopped smoking officially on the 7th of april, we can say that ive been growing clean hair since the 17th, i had a hair cut at the beginning of May, my hair is almost an inch long right now on my head, and im pretty sure most of it is clean, especially since ive done so many treatments over so much time, plus i went to the beach last weekend  and my hair was literally sunbleached a little, doing some more treatments starting today until i run outta supplies, ill keep everyone posted

10. My heavy, daily smoking husband passed his second hair test. This one was official for his job promotion, it was thru Quest Diagnostics.

About two weeks ago he got the letter stating he had to pass a background check and a hair follicle drug test. The packet included the paperwork he had to take down to the local testing site.

Since passing the home hair test he had been doing daily treatments of dandruff shampoo with 3% salicylic acid and a leave in containing propylene glycol.

The night before the test he did a full modified Macuj0/growman method and then again the morning before the test. 
    Modified macuj0/growman method
    -to strip hair clean
    soak hair with apple cider vinegar & wrap head in saranwrap, applied hair dryer
    -vinegar penetrates hair cuticle and also strips outer hair shaft
    washed with Dawn dish soap
    -surfactant to wash away any contaminants
    baking soda paste left on for 40 minutes
    -opens hair cortex
    SynergyDetox precision cleanse shampoo 4x
    - says it is 93% effective
    wash with dandruff shampoo 3% salicylic acid
    apply propylene glycol hair serum

Today he got the letter and email stating he had cleared all requirements and his start date is Monday. 

Thank you thank you thank you

11. Hey all I'm looking for some feedback I don't smoke to often cause I take hair follicle and piss tests every other month I recently learned you can get away with a little I took one hit and passed a piss test and hair test well like a dumb ass I'm once again testing the limits. Work has been slow and I have been bored. My girl smokes on the reg and I used to as well so I get tempted and this time I took 1 hit a weekend for three weekends small hits but still enough to freak me out. I have thick brown hair I'm 5'6 and 160 and in good shape. I have a hair follicle test coming up on 6/27 should I buy the shampoo or should I be ok. Thanks all please respond soon

12. Alright Folks   Just a newbie here.   Got a question, found out our employer, Nazis Asswipes, are starting hair testing.   Not sure if all the Random tests are going to hair test, or still piss tests?   I do know one of the girls I work with spoke that some folks in Assembly had hair test, and a girl on our line went to the On-site Clinic with a twisted knee, and they hair tested her. 
         Heres my question if anyone knows it, I have read about "standards" on what I assume is minimum amounts which I assume are industry/government levels so as to not have false reports.   We have a Zero tolerance at our plant, so does a testing site employ that there is a "margin or error" built in before it meets that Zero mark?   I used to be a pretty regular smoker up till I took this job, and now, especially the last year, its just smoke an occassional j-note with friends, maybe once a month when some killa comes round. (  PS, Forgot to mention, I grew donkey dick colas of Haze X Northern Lights double back bred on some sweet tasting 2nd Gen Purple Thai Sativa for about 12 years,  Ohhhh, the days...and daze...and daze   LOL).  
         Anywho, what is the general consenscios about hair testing for folks that take a few hits sporadically every couple week?   I have pretty short hair, usually less than 2", so plenty of 90 day samples, but does anyone know a ppM level they read, and what that transates to?   In alot of folks jobs, its totally random.   I had a piss test last Oct, had a team leader come tell me he was covering my pitch, report to medical.  It was cool because I was 100% clean for like 2 months.   As far as piss test, hell its a gamble, but nYouknow, WTF.   For me, there is nothing better than sleeping in Sunday morning, get'n up, shower, shave, and have my morning coffee, and have a couple sweet lomg hits of some dark, hashy tasting bub., Just chill on the deck, and commune with My God.   
        On a side Note, with states like Co, and Wa legalizing recreational use, hiw does that fall into different Co drug policy.   I assume that its still illegal in the Gov eyes it can be enforced?  
        Maybe one day my children... Mayber one Day.......

13. #3873 yalestreen, Jun 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2013
    5'10", male, black short course hair.

On the day of the test, I will be 220 days clean. So why would I be worrying? Well, there was on little mixup. 70 days before my test, I smoked a hookah that had little bits of weed in it unknowingly. Took 4-5 good drags out of it.

However, two people had been smoking it for like 45 minutes before I got to it. The coals were really worn down and it didn't hit very well. I didn't get high at all, but after he told me to stop smoking it since he put weed in it, I started freaking out and experienced what most likely was a placebo effect.

What are the chances of me failing this test? :confused: :eek: :confused_2:

14. Hey everyone,

I have a test in 13 days and last smoked about 4 weeks ago, time before that was another 45 days. Should I begin the macujo method immediately once per day, dialing up to twice a day in the 3 or 4 days before the test? Or will that be overkill and ruin my hair?

Also, is the Zydot shampoo essential or can you pass with just the vinegar/clean and clear/tide/baking soda/3% salicylic acid shampoo combo?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give

15. ^^ shameless bump and update: Decided to buy the Zydot to use the day of my test, along with Paul Mitchell 3 to use daily. I'll keep you all updated. I'm a 20 year old 6'2" male, 180 lbs, high metabolism, light brown hair about 1.5". Considering cutting it to 1" prior to the test, and will definitely be shaving body hair to around 1/4" just to be safe. 4-5 bong hits in the 90 day period

16. :smoking:  :smoking:  :smoking: very interesting post will utilize this if needed and i casn still be doing what i love =D
    :bongin:  :bongin: :bongin:  

17. #3877 BigBoyJob, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2013
    ---My entire story---

6'0" 185lbs male.  High metabolism, blonde hair, drink primarily water and do intense workouts 3-5days a week.

Discovered that company I was on verge of signing with did HFT Tuesday night 5/20, got offer 5/23.  Accepted offer 5/31

HFT scheduled for 6/7.

Full body shaven 5/23,

Last drug use a few lines of coke on 5/18, 1/2 a xanex on 5/11.  Weed on 5/5 before that 4/20,
    before that regular use off and on, sometimes a gram a day, some days no smoking, also used shrooms in march, 2-5i(psychadelic) in april, molly twice throughout this period.

Hair net w/ chemicals cut into back of neck,forehead, and ears and created burns,
    so I put paper towels in between to protect from further damage.

--Wednesday 5/21- Thurs 5/22-  Apple Cider Vinegar 30 mins., Clean & Clear 30 mins., Tide Detergent 30 mins.,Selsun w/ aloe moisturizing shampoo with wash
    --Friday 5/23- Sunday 5/26- All steps above with Tsal 30mins after Tide, then baking soda mix 20mins, finished with Selsun
    --Monday 5/27- Powdered bleach, did not redye due to chemical burns
    --Tuesday 5/28-Washed w/ tsal twice, no further treatment to allow burns to continue to recover
    --Wednesday 5/29- Received Hair Confirm Express Product that I had purchased on Amazon.com and sent it to the testing facility to see where I stood(Hoping for the best so that I could stop fucking up my hair and scalp so much!)  At night, baking soda(30min.), Tide(30min), Tsal(30min), and finished with washing out with Selsun moisurizing with aloe (Hair felt like shit by this point)
    --Thursday 5/30-Burns finally reached point where I thought they could withstand redye, and I got it professionally done.  Washed with Tsal twice, once in morning and once at night  Also, got results back from HairConfirm showing that I test negative for all 5 drugs screened, which means am clean, or so I hope.  But Im still not satisfied and not wanting to put it to chance, so we press on.
    --Friday-Washed with Tsal once in the morning but did not do any other treatment
    --Saturday 6/1- Baking soda(30mins), Tide(30mins), Tsal(30mins), shampooed with selsun
    --Sunday 6/2-Washed with TSal, no other treatment done
    --Monday 6/3-Washed with TSal, no other treatment done
    --Tuesday 6/4- Baking Soda(30mins), Tide(30mins), Washed with TSal twice 1 in morning 1 after treatment
    --Wednesday 6/5-Baking Soda(30mins), Tide(30mins), Washed with TSal twice same as above
    --Thursday 6/6- Baking Soda(30mins), Tide(30mins), Washed with TSal twice same as above
    --Friday 6/7-Day of test!!! Woke up 2 hours early- Baking Soda(30mins), Tide(30mins), Washed with Tsal, Zydot treatment(30 mins).  Hair burns, scalp has visible redness, and dye has worn out some due to the past few days of treatment, but its showtime now.  Test is through Psychmedics.  Here goes nothing. Next update will be when result come back...

Called Hiring Agency on 6/10 to see if results had come back yet.  They told me the test came back negative which means I passed!!
    Got the official info. from my company 6/12 confirming this.  It was a very stressful few weeks, but I stayed confident, and prayed a lot.  The lord has a plan for me that didnt involve failing that BS test.  At the risk of being randomly tested at my new job, I have had to make the dificult decision to cease my drug use.  Maybe not permanently because the thing about HFT's is that only catch consist regular drug use, so for the occasional user the odds are greatly decreased for producing a positive result.  For all these people worrying about smoking only a few times over the past few months, get outta here with that!!  You will be fine doing very minimal amounts of treatment to get your hair ready, so stop posting that BS, and stop worrying!!  For all my habituals out there, the road to success can be strenuous and very bumpy, but if you are willing to do what is necessary in order to pass then there are options!!  Don't believe all those BS websites and/or companies that tell you there is nothing you can do to beat a HFT because they don't know shit!!  This website is all you need.  I didnt try all of the different products mentioned on this page, and I made my own modified version of the Gman/Jerry G method, but I am sure that there are more than 1 way to skin this cat.  I can only speak for my method, but do your homework.  I spent a solid 12 hours researching, and wading through the bullshit on the internet to find a path that was suitable for me.  If you have time before your test, I would definitely recommend purchasing a home HFT online through HairConfirm.  All in all, the end justified the means, and I would do it all over again if I had to, but I hope I never have to!

Good luck to all, and always remember, where there is a WILL there is a WAY!!

18. I took my test about two weeks ago, and since I'm still at my internship, I'm going to assume that I passed. I'd like to share my experience since this thread has been very helpful to me.

Some background first about my usage. 6 months before my exam I split a batch of brownies three way which had 1/8 in it. Then for the 4 months after that, I would regularly toke 3-4 times on the weekends, each time almost less than half a bowl. In total, I would do about 1- 2 bowls a week. In that time period, I probably only smoked less than 1/8 for myself. So I categorized myself as a light user even though I did it regularly.

6 weeks before my internship, I was notified that I had to take a HFT. Forunately, I had a hair cut 1 or 2 weeks before that so I had pretty short hair, but I was still concerned that the THC from my last few smokes would surface within the next few days, after my hair was cut. So I immediately found this thread and started doing the Mac method right away. Did it exactly as was specified. Dipped my head in vinegar and let it soak for 30 minutes, then Clean & Clear Astringent for 30 min, then Tide for 30 min, and TSal for 30 min. Did this daily for almost 4 weeks.

However, as I did more research, it didn't make sense to me why you would apply an acidic substance first, which closes the hair cuticle. It made more sense to use a base first to open the cuticle and then apply the cleansers to clean the exposed hair shaft. So I started modifying my treatment. I started using Baking Soda paste which is a very good base and put that in my hair for 20 min. Once the cuticles were opened up, I used Tide (also a base) and use its powerful cleansing to clean out the hair shaft, and also keep the cuticle open since it was a base. Then I would apply TSal for 30 minutes. Since TSal had Salycilic acid, it would clean out the shaft before closing the cuticles. Then finally I would apply Astringent to finish it up. Did this for about 2 weeks.

During that time I also worked out more and tried sweating more. I also drank a lot of Vitamin enhanced water which had Niacin (to burn fat) and clear out my system of whatever THC there was left. And I also drank some Whey protein shakes regularly to try to speed up my hair growth.

To reiterate, I already had a small amount of THC in me to begin with, but I think the treatments were definitely necessary still. Really appreciate everyone's advice on this forum. Keep contributing. This test sucks and causes too much unnecessary stress for responsible tokers.

19. Hey everyone
    Since this a big thread and I'm new to the site I need some help. I am 5' 4" 130 pounds. I am girl so I have pretty long hair. I might need a hair test done by the end of next week. I haven't smoked for over a month I am not a heavy smoker when I did I maybe smoked a few puffs a night if that sometime every other and I've only been smoking for maybe six months like that. So I don't do it a lot. How can I pass a hair test??! I am freaking out please help.

20. This thread has helped me have some hope.  I applied for a huge job and got called the NEXT day.  You never expect that.....Luckily, I have a good job and administer drug tests (hahaha), so even if I fail I am still okay.  I have used high grade marijuana daily for.....years.  I usually use a Volcano vaporizer, but sometimes smoke.  I have been running 2 miles daily in 90 degree/high humidity weather.  I will also be using a steam room and sauna.  I am 6'3 250lbs.  I eat fairly healthy and will not be drinking much beer/alcohol either during this.  Maybe I won't be 250 after all this.  I have short 1" sandy blonde hair.  I will update on my experience.

Today (Saturday 6/22/13) I have been clean for 1 day.  I took a Herbal Clean QCARBO32 with eliminex plus from GNC ($50).   Tonight I have done 15 minute increments with the vinegar and clean and clear.  I then washed my hair with Tide, then the T/Sal.  I followed advice from person who started thread (growman) , macujo method and the recent ones in 2013.  

I have bought:

Neutragena T/Sal 9$
    Apple Cider vinegar 3$
    Pink Clean and Clear 2% $
    shower cap 1$
    FresHair Shampoo and gel @ head shop 25$
    Tide Original HE detergent liquid 9$
    baking soda 1$