Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Boil pipe then drink the water?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SmokinBroccoli, Apr 21, 2007.

1. what a waste of a half

2. alcohol extraction works if you drink it will get high, i've even heard of people putting a lot of weed in ethanol(rubbing alcohol) and after sometime it is supposed to well, not make you blind because of some bullshit i dont know. its called Green Dragon if anyone wants to look it up. I personally dont plan on trying it...lol

HOWEVER... in reference to eating nugs. you will NOT get high eating just straight nugs. PERIOD. i dont care what anyone says. It doesn't work. You may have done it and THOUGHT you were high.. but in actuality you weren't, it was in your head. THC needs to be in suspension with some kind of fat, oil, butter to have any kind of effect on you, hence brownies, cookies etc..

3. you people hurt my head how y ou get to conclusions.

ok so why does it work when you smoke it? there is no fat suspension

meaning none needed

you can extract thc in alc, let it dry, be left with almost pure thc, then eat it and be high

i just dont know how to get this through, there is no such thing as a thing needing to be "suspended" to have to work, thats not science, the only thing is that if its not, before the body can get to it it has to break down a lot of unecessary mass, so works is a lot less efficent.

you can eat it raw, but its probably on/y 1/5 or less as effective because the body has to spend more time breaking it down.

4. But when you smoke it, it goes in your lungs. I'd imagine if you ate it, you'd get a simililar high to if you ate a weed brownie.

5. the reason you get high when you smoke it is because the THC goes directly into your blood stream through the alveoli when you inhale. Whereas if you injest something it takes much much longer for your body to get it into your blood stream. And since weed is a plant with no nutritional value, much like celery when you eat your body does nothing with it because it cant use it. However if you put it in fat, your body CAN use that and will store the fat that has the THC in it, and viola you're high. You hurt my head on how you get to your conclusions. You really don't have any logic behind your reason. Stay in school.

6. Please follow through with your plan, my only suggestion would be to drink the water while its still boiling to maximize the THC exposure.:rolleyes:

Not so my chap. Check out this article on accidental consumption of cannabis by animals.
    http://www.aspca.org/site/DocServer/toxbrief_0602.pdf?docID=101&AddInterest=1101

Before you respond with some clever retort, yes I already know that animals are different then humans. I would like to find a scientific study on someone eating large amounts of raw cannabis, but I doubt anyone would sign up. Although there is no way to know if the animals were "high" several of the symptoms sound familiar to me.

I wouldn't purport to know the percentage of absorption of unheated cannabis, but I would agree that it is probably far less than eating cannabinoid infused butter.

7. Are you people freakin' kidding me!!! You all are talking about drinking resin!!! Are you all in high school or something? Perhaps you are a relatively new smoker?

And you don't need to heat up THC. That is just a way to get it in your lungs. When you cook buds into space cake, or brownies, the heat just "sweats" THC out into the rest of the food. My buddy Bill ate a big bowl of buds (whoa, tongue twister), and he was fucked up for a day an a half. Okay, it may have been about 2oz, but still. Ever chewed a nug while trimming? Just like chewing tobacco.

THC is a defensive mechanism in Cannabis plants. It is there to keep animals from eating the plant, just like with some other plants (and fungi). If it had to be heated up, how would THC be helpful to the plant?

C'mon people, are you daft? :confused:

8. i dont know, i wouldnt trust it because THC is not water soluble and if u have a class pipe it might break because of the boiling water

9. I don't have much scientific proof just knowledge from my own experiences and reading. I've read countless articles about marijuana cooking in high times, cannabis culture, heads, etc. They all say that eating plain weed will do nothing. I can tell you from my own experience that eating nugs doesn't get you high either. Perhaps if you ate 2 oz's you'd get high. But come on, does it seriously make sense to eat 2 oz's and only be high for a day. When you could smoke 3 grams and be high for a day.

10. oh jeez,
    Eating fresh buds will get you high. You're talking about it having to be suspended in something and yet this makes absolutely no sense. What do you think happens when you eat food? Do you think that you have to eat it hot or smoke it in order to get any nutrition? Our bodies are created so that we can break things down and get nutrition or other things out of the food. This applies whether or not you eat it hot or cold.
    It's true that eating bud will not be as efficient at getting high (meaning that it takes a lot more). This is because your body needs to break it down and it might only get a little bit of the THC and other cannabanoids into the blood stream. But what do you think happens when you take medicine, vitamins, etc? Your body breaks it down and it gets into the blood stream through your stomach, but mostly through your intestinal walls. The point that was made about THC being a defense mechanism makes perfect sense, why else would the plant produce THC if it wasn't to deter animals from eating the plant?
    And yes, it does make sense that it would take 2 o's to get you high for a day and a half because not all of the active ingredients in marijuana are going to absorb into your bloodstream.
    One more thing, what do you think your internal temperature is in your digestive tract? Pretty hot. Plus there are all kinds of things in your body that break things down (saliva and stomach acid to name a few). Like I said before, our bodies work in such a way to break things down and send them into our bloodstream.

11. the title of this thread made me throw up in my mouth a little

12. i believe the reason there are cannabinoids in weed is to serve as a defence mechanism against animals, meaning if they eat the plant (raw) they get stoned and sleepy, and wont return to eat any of it. read that somewhere a while ago

13. Exactly what I was saying. C'mon people, everything natural about an organism serves a natural purpose.

14. Ok you guys obviously dont understand that eating weed is like eating bark, or grass or celery. Your body cant break it down! Thats why it doesn't get into ur blood stream. Your body cant break it down because humans no longer use their appendix. The appendix is the organ in mammals that breaks down clorphyll and other plant matter, found in animals like cows, goats, etc. Your body may absorb a tiny amount of THC by eating straight nugs, but its not effective, at all. Bottom line is that eating nugs is a waste, and its much better to cook them in brownies or smoke it. period.

15. ok thanks, at least you admit you are wrong, and everyone else is right...

no one said it was as affective, but it wil get you high if oyu eat enough.

homie, thc is fat soluble, period, you stomach has fat, and acid to break the weed up, but a lot slower than if you put it in fat to begin with... :wave:

16. I read your post about needing a place to stay and felt sympathy for you, but damn, now I see that you are just pathetic. You have to be stupid as hell to think that drinking nasty ass resin water, basically bong water, will get you baked. Go for it though, prove us all wrong with your business major.

17. Dont drink resin, if you must, smoke it, but you found that out, good job.

And on eating raw weed, ive got to say "its basically common knowledge to anyone that knows anything about weed," is not a valid argument. thats just mumbo jumbo spread around the internet, no one has any back up. What scientist did the study to test for needing alcohol or fat to absorb it?

Weed will get you high if you eat enough, its just a big waste of your money, as MOST (not all) of the thc will pass right thru your body. This is because cellulose (plant matter) is not digested well, if at all, by the human body. Getting the thc to attach to fat or alcohol will greatly increase the amount absorbed during digestion, but it is not entirely necessary.

If you need proof, eat a straight couple grams of hash, and we'll talk the next day when your finally able to stand again.

So stop going around spreading all this talk about weed as "Fact" when you have no knowledge of it outside a few unsubstantiated claims on the internet.

18. boil your pipe in butter, you'll get toasted

19. thank you to someone who remembered high school biology!

20. and he proved you wrong, just as i did, and you did yourself...

ok lets dig in...

first of all why are you coming after me? i was right the whole time, if you managed to read that all that is...

yes its common knowledge "for people who know things about weed" that eating it raw will infact get you high, thats not my arguement, but it was a point, i had another, simple, not pulled out of my ass point right before it that proved my initial point (which since its obvious you need thing very very clear, was that bud doesnt need to be heated to work)

what scientists did test? what are you talking about bro.. are you saying that those things thc isnt soluble in? ok you are totally right no scientist did that test... but anyone who has tooken "chemistry 2" knows it :hello:

seriously man whats up your ass, comin attacking me, you came at the end of the discussion, and back up everything i say then spread hate... :confused:

ps, homie, i dont get my knowledge blindly, i dont take what i see as fact, as so many of our fellow members do, all my points are based on things i KNOW, because i am very smart... damn every time i read your post i get more mad, what is unsubstantiated about my claims? shit...
    is it unsubstaniated to say what thc is soluble in? thats like saying i have no basis for saying salt dissolves in water...