Northern Lights-Yield?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by sopostmodernn, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Hi, Im raising three Northern Lights seedlings, and whats the range of yield I can expect?

2. I have about 150 watts of CFL. If that helps.

3. Depends on pot size, grow space, nutes etc.... even then im not sure if you can really guess, im halfway through my grow and have no idea what to expect.

4. ya there are many things that can change whether it will yeild good or bad.

how many CFL's you got.

tip: remember to keep the CFL's within a few inches of the plants.

5. Sorry but 150w of fluros wont give you much at all.........and it'll take a looong time to grow...

6. You really cant say that for sure. Ive seen people get over an ounce per plant using 150-200w of CFLs.

7. Oh. Well the seeds just sprouted. I have them in pots and I am going to switch to a 400 watt HPS in 2 weeks. Is that good?

On a 12/12 cycle.

8. 400 hps is excellent. Most i yielded from a NL was about 3.5 ounces. Had a 4 week veg under a 400 metal halide and flowered under a 400 hps and she was heavily LST'd. She was less than 10 inches tall not including her pot. I wouldn't be on a 12/12 cycle until the plants are about 4 weeks old or you will really be hurting your yield. For example, I "experimented" with a couple of Hashberry girls. One was given about 3.5 weeks of veg under CFLs and the other was given less than a week under CFLs before being put into flower. The HB that was given almost a month of veg weighed in about 2.5 ounces. The HB with almost no veg yielded about a half an ounce and only finished maybe a week earlier. Of course phenotypical variations may have played some part but regardless you stand to lose a lot with very little gain.

9. I got a few beautiful looking NL outside already 2.5 foot tall... I'll have to give a yeild for these ones later this year!