Prepping my first grow (7 Strains, AutoFem, Outdoors)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by BeyondAReasonableDoubt, Feb 14, 2016.

1. #1 BeyondAReasonableDoubt, Feb 14, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2016
    Hi GrassCity, this will be my first official thread but I've been lurking and learning for a while on here.
    I designed my own greenhouse since I'm an engineering student. The dimensions are 5ft x 7ft in both ways, right now the 7ft sides can fit six 5 gal buckets in length. I've attached some blueprints for the greenhouse which I've already built, it is exactly to spec with 4 windows that are able to open for ventilation & covered in a 6mm UV resistant poly. The floor of my Ghouse is mylar to reflect light throughout the greenhouse a little better because only one side receives direct sunlight & it sits in shade mostly. I'm looking for any tips/advice on growing the plants or my setup considering this is my first ever grow and my experience is very limited.

EDIT: All seeds are auto feminized, photo-period plants in a shady spot wouldn't have the same potential as an auto in my opinion & would complicate things beyond my experience
    Seeds:
    10x NYC Diesel

5x Northern Lights
    2x AK-47
    2x White Widow
    1x Pineapple Express
    1x Afghan Skunk
    1x UFO.

20x Indoor mix of regular seeds(backup plan)

Plan:
    My plan for the plants right now since space is an issue with 35^2ft floor space, is this:
    NYC D (5gal x2)(2gal x1)
    Northern Lights (5gal x2)(2gal x1)
    AK-47 (5gal x1)(2gal x1)
    White Widow (5gal x1)(2galx1)
    Pineapple Express (5gal x1)
    Afghan Skunk (2gal x1)
    UFO (2gal x1)

I'm using 14.14.14 Miracle grow potting mix, Flora series by GH, Ph up & down, and CalMag.

The greenhouse receives 4-5 hours direct sunlight through the side that looks like its meant to face the sun, they receive indirect sunlight also throughout the day. My original goal was 6 ounces, not sure what the potential for an auto outdoors is in my setup

Thanks for taking the time to read my thread; if enough interest is taken I might make a grow journal.

Attached Files:

2. Subbed

Sent from my SM-N900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Curious about the advantages of LST vs leaving it to grow regular too, would a LST autoflower produce like and eighth lol or more than if i left it to grow to its natural potential? Does anyone have experience with LST on autoflowers? And would LST outdoors just stunt the growth significantly?

Thanks for the interest Goodgrace87

4. I did a green house grow last summer and let them grow and had a good wight on all plants. I realized growing in doors has more height which LST will help

5. #5 BeyondAReasonableDoubt, Feb 14, 2016

I've been researching the last few hours and i think that i'm going to tie down the side stems to allow more light to penetrate the plant, and let the top ones grow to their full potential. I'm going to keep my autos in a veg nutrient setup until 5-6 weeks so that i can get full vertical height growth as well. As soon as vertical growth stops or slows i'll change to flower nutrients, also considering throwing some of my regular seeds in as an experiment to compare growth rates.

What was the average weight/height of your plants out of curiosity, and were they autos?

Thanks goodgrace

6. Currently I can o my have 1.5 -2 ft plants I grow o ly autos. I usually get about 1 oz a plant indoors put doors they are Bout 3ft tall and 2.6 oz per plant

7. #7 BeyondAReasonableDoubt, Feb 14, 2016

That sounds perfect, my goal is 2oz per plant, if i can get close or above that I will be very happy. What containers do you use and would there be a big difference between a 2gal and 5gal, or is 5gal just overkill?

Edit: I always assumed a plant grows just as much as the roots do, so it's semi-symmetrical below and above.

8. 5 gallons were use outdoors in doors I use 2 gallons

I used fabric pots which help with root developemtn and helps you not over water plants

9. I've seen those but i'll probably end up buying more buckets because i don't want to flood my mylar floor, otherwise i would use those