(solved) Whats happening to my plants?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by c700, Feb 12, 2016.

1. #1 c700, Feb 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2016
    I'm about to fucking piss myself. They're only 9 weeks old. 12/12 from seed so they have 2-4 weeks to go. I've made 2 mistakes that I'm aware of:

1. I defoliated them too much 5 weeks ago.
    2. They were too close to the light, which I fixed 3 weeks ago. That was before they started looking like this.

But that doesn't explain the dry, dying rainbow they're turning into. They're in soil, and my pH is good. I'm only feeding them 3/4 the dosage of bloom nutes that the company recommends.

Today, it hit me that it might be nutrient burn. It never occured to me because I always fed them 1/2 or 3/4 of what it says. I realized this just after I fed them, so I gave them 2 liters of pure water each, just after. I've also turned my light down from 400W to 240W now. Was this the right thing to do? And should I completely stop feeding them until harvest?

Also, I think it's downright disgusting how nutrient companies recommend way too much, just because it's better for their business in the short-term. How can you do this to the community you're in, and to the customers who are buying your fucking product? Beginners like me have no fucking idea what to do when something like this happens, and all my money, time, and hard work that I've put into this might now be wasted because I might be forced to harvest before they're ready.

Attached Files:

2. Hey there, I would say defoliating to much isn't good for the plant because it's going to want to take from those leaves when it's getting to the end of its life cycle. You're plant is sucking all the nutrients from the leaves you have, which makes me think you need to be feeding them the most you can.
    bring up you're nuts and put you're light back to 400w.
    You may or may not need to harvest early, do you have loop to see the trichomes?
    Being that it is so late in to you're grow, you might want to think about flushing the plant soon.
    What strain is it? Auto?

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1455369797.054828.jpg

3. c700, i know you said your PH is good, but looks like iron/ boron / manganese or some other micro-nutrient deficiency, otherwise it looks good , check your trichs with loupe/microscope n see how close you are to harvest.. hopefully your loss ( if any ) is minimal..! Happy growing,
    Gaz

4. #4 c700, Feb 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2016
    I'm growing Sour Diesel and Moby Dick. Flowering time is max 11 weeks, but they didn't start flowering right after sprouting, of course. So optimally, I should probably wait 3 weeks before harvesting.

Defoliating was a huge mistake and I'll never do that shit again. Please learn from me. Don't destroy your plants.

I don't have a microscope, and they're expensive and hard to get where I live. Also, I'm completely broke. But the pistils are still mostly white.

The next watering will be on monday. So I should feed them the recommended dose, you say? I'll also make sure my pH is perfect. Are you completely sure they're not suffering from too many nutrients?

I'm thinking about flushing on friday. And then harvesting the next friday. I think it's too risky to wait any longer. I'd rather have non-perfect weed than no weed at the end of the day. At this rate, I don't know how much longer they can go.

5. The plant is doing what is does when the plant is ending its life cycle.
    But since you defoliated to much, the flowers are eating what they can find, not sure why you wouldn't be feeding them full strength...so of course it's a deficiency. You can get a loop for $15.
    So tell me, what's your humidity at?

6. What medium are you in? Soil? Sunshine? Or some other peat-based medium?

Also, what nutrient are you using?

It looks like phosphorus deficiency, but knowing what your working with will help narrow down the problem.

By the way, looking at thing, you'll get to the finish just fine and have some smoke you and or friends will enjoy. it will just affect potency and yield a bit, BUT you'll still be able to flush and you'll be trimmin off the ugly stuff.

7. #7 c700, Feb 14, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2016
    Soil. I'm using BioBizz Bio-Bloom.

I have a loop but I don't think it can magnify enough for me to really get in there. I know someone with a good camera and a good zoom lens though, so I'm gonna loan that.

8. Just looks like they are getting close to harvest to me. the yellowing may be more dramatic because you cut off the fan leaves, forcing it to take more from less, in a faster time.

9. I think they've stopped getting worse now. I flushed the soil and roots with 10 liters of neutral water each, and then I fed them the recommended amount at 6.5 pH.

I think I know what caused the damage. I never measured the pH of the soil, only the mix I was feeding them, before applying it to the soil. So the pH of the soil probably changed over time, somehow, without me knowing.