Foolmelts Foolproof Hydroponics - Original Sensible Seeds

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by foolmelt, Feb 11, 2016.

1. My name is the Fullmeltalchemist and I want YOU to switch to hydro. It's easier, it tastes better, it makes girls like you, there's no gnats flying around my house. Many people are daunted by the "science" of it and think you need hundreds of dollars in equipment, but I'm here to tell you that for as little as $5 per bucket you can start passive hydro(hempys) and for $15 per bucket you can run DWC. The nutrients I'm using are going to cost $0.15-0.30 per gallon of water depending on the size of the plant and couldn't be easier to use. GH MaxiGro, MaxiBloom and Koolbloom 1tsp per gallon max is all you need.

I started off with a 4x8 tent but quickly ran out of room, so here is my new and improved 8x16 grow room.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rough set up, getting more lights and wire tucking today. Right now I'm just running the 1000w HPS but I'll be adding a 400w HPS, 150w HPS and 100w HPS. All these plants are DWC and some only weeks away from harvest, but not the main focus of this journal you can check them out here.

https://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1...

[​IMG]

Empty veg tent, need to set up the CFLs but not in a huge rush

[​IMG]

That's a GlobalStar 360w LED, very impressed so far runs very cool and puts out tons of light.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll hopefully be germing seeds in the next couple of days but until then feel free to ask any questions or just pull up a chair and burn one with us [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. I'm subbed bro . I can't wait to see this room rocking

• Like Like x 1
  3. Subbed up

4. Subbed

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I agree hydro is actually easier then soil as far as I'm concerned. I use ro water as well so I know what is in there no guessing. That being said I don't consider myself a pro what so ever but had successful harvests so I would consider my self just an average Joe. I have just started using coco/perlite and am impressed so far.

6. The herb tastes better too imo, every time my wife picks up from her friend its organic and tastes like moss.

7. BAM! subbed, the room looks awesome!

8. New bulbs got here, gotta get some shades they're so bright! And, while setting them up I realized my electronic ballasts have a breaker on them so I dug up the 1000w I thought was junk and sure enough its just a blown breaker. Guess I'll be ordering another bulb and mogul socket!

[​IMG]

I also got some powdered nutes and one bottle of Koolbloom that was mildly frozen upon arrival but I just shook it and let it warm up slowly and it re liquefied no problem.

9. Converted a few plants to the hydroton hempy method to test it out, so far so good I ended up choosing 2gal pots drilled the hole 2 1/2in up.
    [​IMG]

Left a few in DWC, like this one who is getting one more feeding of Koolbloom then I'm beginning flush. Trichs are already mostly cloudy just waiting to see if they bulk up a little.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Just found my homemade 23l bong and had a flashback to the days when I made craft beer instead of growing weed lol, maybe I should clean this thing and make a batch haha.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Go for it, I love growing and brewing also. Actually just entered a beer into a contest. Awesome grow you got here.

My Grow - https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1396139-Hotphyre's-Super-Closet

• Like Like x 1
  12. And we can finally get this show on the road, showed up today currently soaking 3
    [​IMG]

New veg area/closet. Has a second shelf that was going to get floros but might get another LED

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Nice sauce there

Space lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. Have tails after 36-48 hours, 2 went into 80% coco 20% hydroton hempys and one will go into a 100% hydroton hempy once it has a bit longer tap root. All will be vegged for 3-4 weeks then I choose the best pheno for a mother and the other 2 will go into 12/12 under the 400w HPS.

Heres the veg room, the 2 coco hempys along side my early vegetables for the garden.
    [​IMG]

Chopped this today from the SOG, should be at least an ounce
    [​IMG]

And a few days left on this once, should be many ounces
    [​IMG]

Picked this up for $60, was going to use it for flowers but its actually a pretty decent rig.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  15. I find I rarely use flowers now mostly dabs now

• Like Like x 2

16. Yeah, I never smoke flowers but I thought I'd try to make my oil last a little longer I feel like I'm always making it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Best bud from today's SOG harvest
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  18. They broke the soil today and one started busting through its shell. I moved the one from the hydroton hempy to a coco/hydroton hempy just to be safe, I think I'll save those for clones and less expensive seeds till I'm sure it will work.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1