Ice water hash yield

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by fgj, Feb 10, 2016.

1. #1 fgj, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2016
    So I just bought a set of ipower bubble bags and I was wondering what I could potentially yield off of 225 grams of some nice trim. The trim has a lot of nice little buds in all ground up with no stems at all. Thanks for any input, I've never tried this before, so I'm curious as to what others have gotten!

2. Sorry no info here mate I'm just keen to see the results :)

3. #3 fgj, Feb 10, 2016

I feel it lol

4. I have made bubble hash before and it is a pain in the ass to make. Sorry but I can't remember what sorta yield I used to get but not enough for the hassle.
    A little bit better method is to use dry ice if you have it available nearby.
    I now make shatter with my final trimmings. It's easy and simple and very popular.

5. I was thinking about making bho what kind of returns are you getting?
    I was thinking about making bho what kind of returns are you getting?

6. I am about to do the BHO thing as well, I have never even dabbed before, we just dont get it around here. From what I understand I should be able to achieve at least 10% return being my first time making it...I have almost a pound of popcorn and quality trim...just waiting on a few more supplies.

Sorry op made hash once...i just dont care for the process...not that its hard it just wasnt fun...lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. not positive, but I believe it would depend on THC %, as in 10% THC weed would give 10grams from 100grams of product. I hope this helps

8. The THC percentage has nothing to do with it. Trichomes (kief) are not 100% THC. As to the question, it all depends on how many trichs are on the trim. Nobody can really answer you.

• Like Like x 1
  9. #9 fgj, Feb 10, 2016
    I pulled 32.7 grams after squishing most of the water out now its sitting on a heating pad to dry out. I've never smoked or made hash before I'm curious as to how much there will be once its bone dry lol[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Now that's a beautiful pile! How much starting material did you use?

• Like Like x 1
  11. The last time I did an ice water extraction I had an ounce once dry and probably had about 10oz of trim at a guess

It looked like this when I first scooped it from the bag

[​IMG]

I wouldn't grind anything, if you rupture a trichome, it may not slip through the screen

This link GoldGrowers Gaff will take you to how I do mine if your interested