help me first grow close to harvesting dont know what to do

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by jdog86, Feb 9, 2016.

1. hi there this is my first grow i have a 2 nd one just started in hydro but thats another story, anyway i have two cheese plants in coco trichomes are half and half cloudy and clear but no change seems to be happeneing the tips of some of the sugar leaves are going yellow is this normal and some of the fan leaves are going yellow and brown and dying am i too late tochange anything ? please help me!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. The yellowing is fairly common in some strains around harvest time. Not a pro by any means but for a first time it looks good dude no comment on exact harvesting but overall very nice

Sent from my XT1528 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. is the yellowing on the sugar leaves normal aswell the fan leaves started going yellow about 2 weeks ago so was leaving it hoping trichomes went amber and cloudy so wouldnt matter im worried now that im going to have to harvest early to save plant and weed be rubbish its cheese strain all i kno lol clones i get off a friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. how long have they been 12/12?

5. Not to bad for your first grow. The plants look like they have some issues. Have you flushed the plants at all? It's recommended that you flush them for at least the last week of flowering and at least between veg and flowering cycles. Flushing clears out salt build up and will prevent the plants from becoming locked out ( plants will not absorb nutrients due to salt build up from bottled nutes). Flushing before harvest will also remove other impurities from the plants and help it become less harsh when smoked. Seeing you are a new grower I suggest getting a grow book or two and learn as much as possible. The more you learn the better your meds will turn out. I highly recommend Jorge Cervantes new Marijuana Encyclopedia. It's the best book I have read and come across. The book covers everything you need to know about growing, harvest and curing along with making concentrates, edibles and other cannabis infused products. It also covers building different grow techniques and styles, breeding and growing indoors, out and in green houses. It is by far the best investment you can make into your garden and will come in handy for years to come. Bottom line the more you learn the less issues you will encounter and when you have an issue you will know what needs to be done in order to correct any problem. Good luck with your adventures with growing.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1455096193.249400.jpg

6. kronicly insane you seem to know a hell of alot lol so i will invest in that book i ordered one yesterday off ebay cant remember what it was called! i didnt flush the plants i really messed up aload with these two how they are at this stage is amazing tbh if i get to harvest i will be very very chuft!! thanks for the input aswell! LEGEND!

7. they have been at 12/12 for months i struggled with temperatures not setting ph right they took ages to grow and flower and allsorts :( learnt alot though theres so much to growing i love it!!

8. just another quick one is the salt build up from the nutes then i take it?

9. Yes, salts are from bottled nutes. That's why flushing with FloraKleen or similar products are necessary. When salts build up your plants become locked out and can not take up nutrients.

10. simply put shes tellling you shes done . with it that yellow including yellow sugar leafs you could be very well prim time to cultivate chop her now. Trichomes are breaking down fast and that means your losing thc bro. I'm leaving out vital information but simply put you may have just somewhat screwed yourself. Not so much in a bad way tho....she will be more of a slow couch lock tired type of effect now instead of that effect you read about when you got the seed/clone....Get a jewelry scope 60-100x magnification zoom in on a bud and check out your trichomes ( crystals) if they are glistening clear for the most part it's not time,,, if you have some cloudy and clear still a no go....if you have a small amount let's say 10-30% clear 30-80% cloudy 10-30% amber chop her.. Don't go by Colo of leafs or some say 75%hairs are red brown orandge chop her....use a scope 6$ eBay.