Can an out of stater buy marijuana seeds in Colorado or will they refuse to sell to them?

Discussion in 'General' started by GrowingNewb, Feb 9, 2016.

1. do all dispensaries sell seeds? How much are they generally?

Planing a trip to Colorado for the first time and wanted to bring back some souvenirs :-D

2. Generally dispensaries don't sell seeds, seed banks and breeders do though and anyone can purchase seeds on line.

3. Fuck sake mate a simple google search will produce hundreds of seedbank hits.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. ive always been leery about buying seeds online. Not sure what site to trust and I live close to a school so if the police show up because they know somehow, I'm screwed.

5. My boy buys nutrients and food for his plants online from cali with no prob

Sent from my LGMS631 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I've been ordering things to my suburb house for years. Seeds, lights, tents, nutrients and just about everything else. Nobody cares about weed anymore. As far as trustworthy seedbanks Id recommend Original Sensible Seeds, Herbies, The Vault or Attitude. I've personally only used Sensible and Attitude and always got my seeds, but I've heard only good things about Herbies and The Vault too.

7. florida.boy: I'm not worried about soil and nutes because I can always get an outside garden going and plant tomatoes.

Fullmeltalchemist: I'll have to give it some thought since jm pretty paranoid with this but I'll stick with what you mentioned, probably sensibles since you have personal experience with them. Thanks for the recommendation

8. True, he ordered some seeds, it was girl scout cookies, it came with the business card and all lol

Sent from my LGMS631 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. When buying seeds, make sure you buy no more than 3 at a time, so as to draw as little attention as possible. Send them to a friend's address. I'm not sure about prepaid credit cards, a lot of seedbanks won't let you use them.. .. but it's safe to use a normal debit/credit card. Seedbanks won't store your personal information, at least not the legit ones.

You'd bloody well hope cops are busy chasing down ISIS, preventing mass shootings as well as suicide bombings.. not some microscopic fucking plant matter.

10. Couldn't have said it better doubt anything would happen. As long as your energy bill doesn't sky rocket and u keep the smell to a minimum dont see how you're getting caught. Its not like the feds have the man power to monitor every seed sale from a LEGAL online shop. Best of luck to you OP

Sent from my LGLS620 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. #11 Belacttu, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2016

12. #12 Belacttu, Feb 10, 2016
    When you order seeds online, most offer stealth shipping. When buying a few seeds, you're fine - but I know people who buy hundreds at a time, several from different states. Most banks offer replacement seeds if yours get taken. That's how routine it is. But really, it doesn't happen. A couple people I know who order hundreds at a time have had a few out of every few hundred taken by customs. Customs takes the seeds, then sends the empty package with a letter telling you they took your shit. Basically saying "HAHA. FUCK YOU." But that's all. Then they call and tell the seed bank and they send a replacement order and this time it comes through.

The general rule of thumb is never send them to the same location you're growing. Ever. No one is going to arrest you for having seeds because if a lawyer demands a trial, with that time and money to prove you intended to grow them.. with no "hard" evidence (AKA you didn't have a plant for them to confiscate or a diary of your grow plans with the exact seeds you bought), it just doesn't happen. So send them away from you grow address and, if you want, don't go to pick them up for a few days (I don't wait personally but I don't order hundreds).
    Sent from my SM-G928P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. I replied to this for you but the quotes were fucking up and it was driving me insane haha. Should be the post above.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. jane_bellamont: I'll see but I doubt any friend would let me as I'm the only toker.

Belacttu: I'm definitely not buying hundreds as this is just for personal use by me and my brother...although he smokes like its his air so who knows how much I'll need lol. I figure if anything, if it turns out to be a great plant I'll just clone it until I have a large supply and learn how to store properly.

15. #15 dr_baskin_rays, Feb 10, 2016
    it's my experience that retail shops in CO do not sell seeds or clones. might have to find a local... this brings with it other possible issues to contend with.

I buy my seeds online from overseas. i'm 3 for 3 with seed orders. pm me if you want the name (they are forum sponsors)

16. I live in Washington state and here the rec dispensaries sell anything you want including to out of staters. They don't sell seeds in this state but one difference between here and Colorado is that home recreational growing is not legal in Washington . It is in Colorado and they also sell to out of staters there too. I would also assume since home growing is legal in Colorado you could buy seeds there.

17. As mentioned most shops do not sell seeds here, and of the ones that do most of those are medical only. I do know that The Clinic has several retail locations around Denver and carry seeds. Be warned though, there are quite a bit of junk breeders around.

I live in Colorado, close enough that driving to Denver isn't a huge deal, and I still prefer ordering seeds online.